hair dye and sleep

Namjin Drabbles

“Mom.” a voice rings out in the room and Jin just groaned and tried to pretend he heard nothing and go back to sleep.

 

“Moooooomm.” Another voice joins in and and Jin swears he will commit homicide in that moment because it was too early for whining, too early for life.

 

“Mom, wake up, mom, mooooommm.” The voices ing whine in unison, and why weren’t they annoying Namjoon instead why him again? And then he remembers that Namjoon can sleep through a ing earthquake combined with a hurricane and tornado all at once so, trying to wake him up was pointless.

 

He tried to ignore it for another minute but just sighed and decided enough was enough. He sat up slowly and fixed his twins with one of his deadliest glares, because no one wakes him up before his alarm, not even his lovely boys.

 

“Can I help you? It’s-”he checks the time”-3:34 AM, why are you awake and why are you waking me up?” Jin fixes his glare on the older twin of the two, Jimin.

 

“Mom, we wanna dye our hair.” Jimin answers nonchalantly, as if he hadn’t just disturbed Jin’s precious sleep again just to tell him they wanted to colour their ing hair.

 

“And..? Why was this so important that you had to wake me up at the crack of dawn?” This time, Jin looks at Taehyung, the younger twin.

 

He smiles his boxy grin and just says, “We just wanted you to know before we forgot.” Jin mentally facepalmed. Brainpalmed? Mindpalmed? It was too early for this.

 

“Okay. And you couldn’t have written it down somewhere or put a reminder on your phone to tell me when it was actually a time when humans should be alive instead of waking me up?” Jin takes his sleep very seriously.

 

“Oh. I guess we didn’t think about that. Oh well.” Jimin shrugs and Jin wonders again who the hell they take after. Maybe Namjoon, he may be smart and kind of a genius, but he’s definitely a fail at basic social skills. And basic social skills include knowing when it is and isn’t alright to disturb someone’s sleep. Jin really needed some sleep. Raising two teenagers was hard.

 

“Well, we’re going back to sleep now, so good night, or well, morning?” Taehyung says as he and Jimin slip out the door. Jin just waves them off and flops back onto his pillow. He can deal with them in the morning.

 

He tries to fall back asleep but realizes that it’s really ing hard to fall asleep after you’ve been awoken once already, so he just wastes precious time he could’ve used to get his beauty sleep just staring at the ceiling and cursing his sons for being so stupid sometimes. He loves them, really, he does, they’re just really stupid sometimes. Just like their father. It was around 6 AM when Jin finally, finally, fell asleep again and didn’t wake up until he was being dragged out of bed by his sons and husband to make food, because Namjoon couldn’t cook to save his life, and he doesn’t trust two 15 year olds in his kitchen, and they were all very hungry.

 

After fixing up a quick breakfast, they all sit down to eat and Jin decides this is as good a time as any to ask the twins why they wanted to dye their hair all of a sudden.

 

“Because Yoongi-hyung dyed his, and it looks so cool and I want to do that too and maybe not the same colour though, because that’s kinda weird and I don’t wanna seem like I’m copying, but-” Jimin is cut off by his brother “-And if Jimin is dyeing his hair, I wanna dye mine too, because it’s not fair if it’s just him.” Taehyung finishes.

 

“Yah, don’t interrupt your hyung!” Jimin pouts at Taehyung and flicks a piece of scrambled egg at him.

 

“You’re like 2 minutes older, don’t flatter yourself.” Taehyung scoffs and throws back a piece of his toast.

 

“Okay, okay, no playing with your food at the table.” Namjoon intervened before it turned into a full blown food fight, thank god, and the twins stop arguing in favour of finishing their food.

 

As they ate their meal, Jin asked various questions like “What colours do you want?” and “Are you really sure about this?” and “Don’t come crying to me if you hate it, you do know bleaching is very hard to reverse right?”. In the end, they had decided that Jimin was going to dye his hair orange, and Taehyung wanted lilac, and yes mom they were completely sure. Jin just sighed and let them do whatever they wanted, it wasn’t his hair after all, and if this turned out bad, well now he has more embarrassing stories to tell at family gatherings and he could say I told you so. He’s a good mother, promise.

 

Around noon that same day, Jin found himself accompanying the twins to the salon to get their hair dyed, and he never knew dyeing hair was this complicated. Jimin and Taehyung spent exactly 46 minutes arguing on the shades of hair dye they wanted and Jin wanted to sink into a hole and just lie there for the rest of time.

 

“Why did I birth you two.” Jin deadpanned as Jimin and Taehyung argued for the millionth time about whether or not shade 1 or 2 was better, even though they looked the exact same.

 

As if on cue, the two looked up and with matching smiles, and answered way too cheerfully, “Because you love us, of course!” And Jin couldn’t deny that, because he did, he really did. He loved his family, and even though they were annoying sometimes and disturbed his beauty sleep, they were still the best thing he had in life. Jin just laughed and ruffled both their hair.

 

“Yeah, yeah, just hurry up and decide, we’ve been here for way too long already.” Jin made the boys finally choose the shades they wanted, and finally they could get to the actual dyeing of the hair.

 

The whole process takes approximately 3 hours and Jin was tired and he now officially hates the smell of bleach and hair dye. He hates salons in general now. He was slumped on one of the plushy chairs in the waiting room, because apparently this salon has waiting rooms?, and his back and legs were currently aching, and when the hell would his sons get out, are they dead?

 

Just as he got up and made to go check on his twins, they emerged from the actual salon part with their new hair, and wow. Jin did not expect this. Maybe he expected his sons to look a little silly, but they didn’t look silly. They actually look grown up, and not 15 and young and his babies, they look ready to take on the world, and was he ing tearing up? Kim Seokjin, get your together, your sons just dyed their hair, it’s not like they went in and came out actually grown up.

 

“Wow.” Jin voiced out and his sons beamed at him.

 

“I really really really like it.” Jimin grinned at him and his son was so precious oh my god.

 

“Me too, even though I thought it would turn out darker, but it’s still good, it’s all good.” Taehyung joined in, and Jin just pulled his sons into a three person hug. His sons just dyed their hair, and they don’t look completely different, and it shouldn’t be a big deal, but it was because Jin just loves his sons that much, and who knew dyeing hair could be this emotional?

 

When they arrived home and showed Namjoon, he nearly had a heart attack from how light  Taehyung’s hair was now, but it’s all good because they were happy and if their sons were happy, then Namjoon and Jin would be happy.


 

“You know, bleaching your hair still isn’t good for you, so even though it looks good right now, it might be a pain to maintain later, so don’t come whining to me.” Jin adds on later on in the evening when they were all in the living room just doing their own things, but also doing it together, because family time.


Two weeks later, Jimin and Taehyung come to him whining about knots and tangles, and Jin just sighed. He saw this coming, he sees everything, so this didn’t surprise him one bit. But it was okay, because he’ll sort it out for them, he’ll do anything for his babies. Because even though they disturbed his beauty sleep multiple times, and no he wasn’t over that, he still loves them to death.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello hello! So I am back. Yep. I have no idea what i just wrote but it's disgusting family domestic fluff so. Maybe not so much Namjin as it is vmin twins and Jin being a mother hen who also enjoys his sleep very much plus some Namjoon sprinkled in. Kinda. Also, I went to EXO'LUXION like 5 days ago, and it was so lit oml. I almost died but it was worth it because it was so good, and I was so close omg. but yeah. concert and new chapter. yep. I feel like i should update more haha. But yeah, the usual, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and please do leave a comment, I love reading comments! Thank you for reading!

-Chrystiemallow