photo albums and memories

Namjin Drabbles

This chapter is dedicated to seventeenfanatic. I hope this is to your liking, and thank you for suggesting this! I had a lot of fun writing it! Please enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hey Joonie! Look what I found!”, Jin yelled from where he was kneeling on their bedroom floor. Namjoon popped his head in and tried to navigate to where Jin was amongst all the boxes in the room. They had just moved in to their new house, and they weren’t completely settled in yet.

 

“What'd you find?”, Namjoon asked curiously after he had safely made it through the maze of boxes that was currently their bedroom.

 

“Look! It's a bunch of photo albums from when we were kids! Aw we were so cute!” Jin gushed at a picture of them at preschool. Namjoon had known Jin practically his whole life, and so as a result, they had many many pictures together.

 

Namjoon peered curiously at the albums and saw that there were 5 albums in total.

 

The first one was of them in their preschool and primary school days.

 

“Aw look it's a picture of when you first came to my house! You look like a little goblin,” Jin snickered as Namjoon pretended to look highly offended. That day was one of the best days of Namjoon and Jin’s lives.

 

“We’re almost there Joonie!”, a little Jin shouted as he dragged his friend along behind him, small backpacks bouncing as they ran towards his house.

 

“And...We’re here!” Jin pulled them to a stop and waved his hands in a way that would put Broadway jazz hands to shame. Namjoon snorted.

 

“C’mon let's go in, my mom is waiting with food!” Jin took Namjoon's hand again and dragged him inside his front door.

 

“Mom, I'm home! I brought along Namjoon! Namjoon, say hi!” Jin shouted as they took off their shoes and entered the kitchen. A pretty looking woman around the age of 30 came out, wiping her hands on her apron.

 

“Hello Mrs.Kim.” Namjoon said shyly, trying to hide behind Jin. He wasn't that great with new people.

 

“Hi there Namjoon! Jinnie has told me all about you, come in, come in! I made some kimbap, if you guys are hungry.” Jin’s mother seemed like a very warm person. She reminded Namjoon of Jin. He decided he liked her immediately.

 

As they went into the kitchen, Namjoon’s mouth watered at all the kimbap on the counter.

 

“Is this why your lunches are always packed?” Namjoon asked Jin as soon as they sat down.

 

“Yep! My mom’s the best, isn't she?” Jin grinned proudly. Suddenly there was a click. It was the sound of a camera shutter.

 

“Sorry, sorry, you two were just adorable, I couldn't help it!” Jin's mother smiled from behind the camera she was holding.

 

Namjoon grinned at the memory. He was still very fond of Jin’s mother, she was a very loving person, and he could see where Jin’s motherly traits came from.

 

“Hey, look at that, that's the day you graduated from middle school!” Namjoon pointed to a different picture in the second album.

 

“Oh my god, look at my glasses!” Jin laughed at his past self and his old thin wiry glasses.

 

That had been a memorable day as well.

 

“I can't believe you graduated.” Was the first thing Namjoon said to Jin after the ceremony.

 

“Hey, what's that supposed to mean?” Jin pouted jokingly.

 

“It means I can't believe you're leaving me here with these idiots for a whole year.” Namjoon crossed his arms.

 

“What'd you expect me to do, not graduate? Don't worry, you'll be fine. Besides, it's only for a year, then it'll be your turn. And it's not like we'll never see each other, I live like two blocks from you.” Jin chuckled, ruffling Namjoon’s hair.

 

Namjoon wrinkled his nose, but leaned into Jin’s hand.

 

“Fine, you're right, but I still don't like it.” Namjoon put his head on Jin’s shoulder, nuzzling into his neck.

 

“Yeah, yeah, you'll survive.” Jin said fondly, throwing his arm around Namjoon’s shoulders. They stayed like that for a while, until Jin had to go home.

 

“Hey Jin?” Namjoon said to him before he left, “Yeah?”, Jin replied, turning around, “I’ll miss you for that one year, y’know?” Namjoon said shyly. He wasn't that great with being mushy.

 

Jin smiled at him. “I know. I'll miss you too.”

 

“That was a nice day.” Jin smiled up at Namjoon. Namjoon put his arms around him and nuzzled his neck with his nose.

 

“Yeah,” came out muffled from where he had buried his face in Jin’s shoulder.

 

“Oh my god, it's a picture from when you spilled chocolate milk all over me.” Jin broke the moment as he laughed at a picture from the third album.

 

“Why is that there?” Namjoon groaned, looking up from where he had situated himself on Jin’s shoulder.

 

That was not a fun day for Namjoon.

 

“Namjoon? Joon-ah, wake up, this isn't your bed, it's the cafeteria.” Jin shook Namjoon awake from where he smashed his face on the cafeteria table.

 

“Huh, what?” Namjoon looked up sleepily and tried to process what was going on. He hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and it was taking a toll on him.

 

As his vision refocused, he saw Jin’s face extremely close to his own, and he spazzed out for some unknown reason. He ended up flailing and accidentally knocking over the (open!) chocolate milk carton in Jin’s hand, and spilling it all over his (white!) sweater.

 

As Namjoon gaped at Jin in horror of what he had just done, a click and a flash went off. He looked up to see Hoseok with a camera pointed at them.

 

“This one’s going in the yearbook.” Hoseok laughed. Namjoon wanted to sink into a hole and never come back and he also wanted to smash Hoseok’s face in with his camera.

 

He would never live this down.

 

“Ah, that was a weird day,” Jin wiped actual tears from his eyes and Namjoon just sighed and burrowed deeper into Jin’s warmth.

 

There was a comfortable silence as Jin flipped through the pages of the albums and they breathed in the nostalgia of each page.

 

“Isn't this from the day you told me you loved me, and everyone was like “finally!”?” Jin pointed to a blurry picture of them looking very startled from behind a house.

 

Namjoon had been very nervous that day. He had just recently realized that he was in love with his best friend and had been since who knows how long ago. And now, he was planning to confess.

 

He didn't have a speech or anything prepared, he just thought he would wing it or something. Again, he wasn't great with mushy stuff.

 

He’d asked Jin earlier to meet him behind his house and now here they were, behind Namjoon’s house. And he had no idea what he was doing. He really should’ve planned this out.

 

Namjoon took a deep breath and opened his mouth.

 

“Um. You’re probably wondering why I asked you to meet me behind my house. To be frank, I don’t really know either,” smooth, Namjoon, real smooth, “but I do have something important to tell you.”

 

Jin stood in front of him with a curious expression, and gestured for him to continue.

 

“Well, um. I just recently realized something, and I hope this won’t change our friendship, but I felt like this needed to be said.” He took another deep breath as Jin waited patiently.

 

“I..like you. Like, like like you. Wow, okay I sound like I’m five. Okay, what I’m trying to say is, I’m possibly in love with you, and probably have been for the longest time, so yeah. Just needed to get that out there. You don’t have to answer, I won’t force you, but I guess it would be nice to get an answer.” Namjoon let out a breath of air and squeezed his eyes shut, in fear of the reaction, or rather, not getting a reaction at all. He opened an eye when he heard breathy laughter. He deflated at that, and turned to leave with a quiet “sorry”, when Jin grabbed onto his arm.

 

“Took you long enough,” Jin said as he leaned in and kissed him. Namjoon blinked rapidly for a few minutes before melting into the kiss. As they broke apart, they heard loud cheering from behind them. They spun around and a flash went off.

 

“Finally! Jesus, I was almost ready to lock you two into a closet if you didn’t get together soon.” Hoseok struck again with his camera, this time bringing along a small crew of four other friends along with him.

 

“Y’know, I have a feeling Hoseok provided most of the embarrassing photos in this album.” Namjoon commented as he flipped through some of the more dignity-crushing photos.

 

“Like this one on our wedding, when I accidently hit you in the face with a slice of cake.” He pointed at one picture in which Jin had wedding cake smeared all over his face and featured Namjoon with a plate of the other half of the slice looking mortified.

 

“I’m still mad about that,” Jin teased Namjoon, leaning backwards into his chest as he looked up.

 

“Hey, to be fair, you got revenge, so,” Namjoon retorted, looking fondly down at Jin.

 

They had just cut the first slice of cake and put it on a plate when Namjoon somehow slipped on some invisible pebble and smashed the plate straight into his new husband’s face.

 

“Oh .” was all Namjoon got out before they both heard the tell tale click of a camera shutter and turned to look at Hoseok. He and his camera had struck again.

 

“Why did we hire you as the wedding photographer again?” Jin deadpanned at him, cake still slowly slipping off his face.

 

“Because I’m fabulous,” Hoseok laughed, “and because I’m the only professional photographer you know.”

 

Jin just shook his head and with a shaky laugh, cut another slice of cake and smashed it into Namjoon’s face.

 

“Now we’re even.” Jin wiped the frosting off his face and laughed at Namjoon’s ruined suit, even though his own was in no better state.

 

“You know, I’m starting to feel this wedding would be even better if the grooms weren’t the only ones covered in cake.” Namjoon said as he wiped the cake from his eyes and grabbed some of it to aim at Hoseok.

 

“Wait no, not the camera, noT THE CAMERA!” Hoseok ran for his life, and that is how a full blown food fight started at Jin and Namjoon’s wedding.

 

“I’m really glad I married you, y’know that?” Namjoon leaned down and pecked Jin once, twice on the lips.

 

“I’m really glad I married you too.” Jin smiled up at him and returned the favour.


They would finish unpacking later, more important things came first.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Again, thanks for suggesting this seventeenfanatic! I hope you liked it, even though I'm not sure if this was exactly what you meant when you suggested your idea. Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a great day! On a totally different topic, my backpack broke today, rip galaxy backpack, you will be missed ;u;

-Chrystiemallow