babysitter yoongi? part one

Namjin Drabbles

This is for KimikoDupont. It got a little long, so it's been split. Sorry for the wait, and part two will be coming soon, as it isn't complete just yet! Enjoy!
____________________________________

Yoongi was a good uncle, he swears it on his life. But right now, at this moment, he may just strangle all four of his nephews. How had he ended up babysitting four kids on a Tuesday night when he could be home sleeping? Well, that was a long story.

It all went to hell about two hours ago, when he had been rudely awakened with a frantic phone call from his cousin, Kim Seokjin.

“Yoongi! Oh my god, thank you for picking up. Listen, I have a huge favour for you, could you come to my house right now? This is an emergency.” Was all he said and he immediately hung up with no explanation right after. Being the good cousin he is, he dragged himself out of his very comfortable bed and slipped on his sneakers to go help his cousin. Who knows, maybe Namjoon, his husband (they’re very married and very gross and honestly Yoongi doesn’t need to see all that), set the kitchen on fire again and they needed help repairing the microwave or something.

Twenty minutes later, he arrives at the Kims’ door and rings the doorbell. His finger just barely touched the bell when the front door burst open, almost breaking his nose if not for his reflexes.

“Oh thank god you're here, come in!” And Yoongi found himself being pulled inside the house and the door slamming behind him. Four smiling faces greeted him as soon as he stepped inside. 

“Hi Uncle Yoongi!” They chorused. He had expected something horrible, but everything seemed normal, nothing was on fire or broken and the kids were all there. So why was Jin so distressed?

Yoongi was very confused. 

“Okay then. Um. Hi. Why am I here?” He scratched the back of his head. 

“Okay so, the thing is, we kinda sorta need a babysitter, but Namjoon was being stupid and forgot to call one beforehand, and I was busy and now we have this extremely important meeting and we have to go so can you just stay and watch the kids please and thank you?” Jin was a literal whirlwind as he rushed to grab his and Namjoon’s coats and had a foot out the door before he even finished his request. 

By the time Yoongi opened his mouth, they had already left. Seems this was a very important meeting if it got Jin so flustered that he would leave Yoongi with his kids without even giving him precise instructions on how and what to feed them. 

He turned around again to face the kids. “Alright, I guess I'm babysitting. How hard can this be?” He whispered to himself and smiled at the kids as if he had any idea how to take care of a child, much less four of them (seriously why did they have so many kids?). 

About twenty minutes into the job, Yoongi was proven very wrong. The most he had ever done with the kids was play with them for an hour or so before, so he had no idea of how hard it actually was to take care of them. 

His first task was to feed them, so he looked in the fridge for some kind of food. 

Thankfully, Jin had left some frozen dishes that he had made beforehand so at least he had one task done for him. The next thing to do was to heat it up and not get any of the kids killed while he was in the kitchen. 

“Hoseok-ah! Can you put on a movie for now? I'll be with you guys in a second, okay?” He called out into the living room. Hoseok was the oldest of the Kim siblings. He was only 10, but he was responsible enough to not wreak havoc with his younger siblings most of the time. 

“Okay!” And Yoongi heard the sound of drawers being opened in the living room in search of a movie suitable for everyone. 

He figured that not much could happen, but apparently he was very very wrong. 

As he put the cover on the soup, he heard a loud crash and crying coming from the direction of the living room. He dropped his ladle and ran. He'd rather not die a gruesome death at Jin’s hands tonight. 

As he approached the room, he noticed that the only source of light was coming from the tv. 

“Um, I heard a crash, is everything alright?” Yoongi was afraid to hear the answer. This could mean life or death for him (figuratively of course.). 

“We’re fine, Jiminie just fell off the couch because he was too scared.” Hoseok explained calmly. 

Yoongi peered at the screen. They were watching ing “Despicable Me 2”. 

“Scared of what?” Yoongi asked, confused as to how a children's movie could be scary. 

Then he heard a whimper from under the coffee table. 

“I don't like the purple minions.” Jimin was ready to burst into tears and Yoongi had no idea what to do. 

Jimin was the second oldest, but he had none of the mature qualities that his older brother possessed. He was only second oldest by a few minutes, as he had a younger twin brother, Taehyung, and they were both 7 years old. The youngest of the four brothers was Jungkook, who was pretty much still a toddler at age 5. Strangely enough, he seemed more mature than his older twin brothers, although he did behave as a normal 5 year old would sometimes as well. 

“It wasn't even that scary Jiminie, it's not real.” Jungkook taunted from the couch. 

“Jiminie-hyung to you,” Jimin sniffled from his position. At least he wasn't crying anymore. 

“C’mere Jiminie, you can help me with setting the table if you're scared,” Yoongi tried to give him some sort of comfort, but it had the opposite effect instead. 

“I'm not scared, I just don't like the purple minions, okay? You probably think I'm a scaredy cat, everyone always says that!” And with that the dam broke. Great. He had a sobbing kid on his hands. Just great. 

“Don't cry Jiminie, I promise I don't think you're a scaredy-cat, just stop crying please,” Yoongi tried, he really did but he's terrible at these things and how do you comfort children? 

He shot a look to Hoseok as if to say “help me!” and he swore he saw him roll his eyes at him. This kid. Whatever, at least he did something. He leaned over and nudged Taehyung, who had been focused on the movie until now, and he immediately leaped off the couch. 

“Jiminie, don't cry, it's okay the purple minions won't hurt you, they can be taken out by jam after all!” Taehyung crawled under the table as well to hug his twin. Meanwhile, Yoongi just stood in the doorway, very confused. 

“Really?” Jimin sniffled, his tears drying up a bit. 

“Really really.” Taehyung smiled boxily and helped Jimin to his feet. 

“You can leave now, everything is fine,” Jungkook piped up as everyone reverted to their original positions. Any other day, and Yoongi would've crushed the kid, but not today, he was too weary. And it was barely 8pm. 

He returned to the kitchen with a sigh and finished heating up all the dishes and set the table. 

“Hey kids, come to the dining room if you want food, if not you can starve but it won't be my fault!” Yoongi yelled out. He heard the television turn off and slowly, the kids shuffled in. 

“Who cooked?” Taehyung asked as soon as he came in. 

“Your mom. I just heated it up.” Yoongi said as he filled up five plates. 

“Oh. Well, figures, I mean I didn't really expect Uncle Yoongi to cook,” Taehyung commented nonchalantly and sat down to eat. 

“Wait, what's that supposed to mean?” Taehyung didn't answer and instead turned to his twin. 

“Eat my carrots?” 

“Only if you eat my peas.” And with that the twins traded plates. 

Yoongi just shrugged and ignored it, focusing on his own food. 

Suddenly, a splatter of soup landed on his arm. Thankfully, the soup was only lukewarm, not boiling, so it didn't burn, but where did it come from? None other than the youngest Kim brother, Jungkook. 

It seemed that he was having trouble with his soup. He couldn't quite get enough soup on the spoon and bring it to his mouth on time, so he grew frustrated and flung his spoon, spilling the soup in it. 

But where was the spoon?

It had landed on Jimin’s plate. 

“Hey!” Jimin threw something else back at Jungkoom, and that something else just happened to be his rice. 

Soon enough, all the boys started throwing food, and Yoongi was sitting right in the middle of it. 

“Okay, stop!” He held up two hands. 

“You, don't throw spoons,” he pointed to Jungkook. 

“And you, don't throw rice,” he focused on Jimin next, hearing his snort when he had called out Jungkook. He saw him shrink back into his seat. 

“And you two! Don't join in just because they started it!” He addressed the remaining two. 

“Now look what happened, we’re all messes.” Yoongi looked down at his stained shirt. That one's gonna be a hard one to get out. 

“Okay, bath time.” The kids needed baths too, so into the bathroom they went, after Yoongi had cleaned most of everything off. 

They filed in after Yoongi like ducks, and waited patiently as he filled the tub. 

“Alright kids, get in,” Yoongi plopped the kids in one by one as soon as the tub was filled. 

“Okay, just yell for me when you're done, I'm gonna go take a shower in the other bathroom,” and with that he left. Maybe he should've been a little more cautious, but hey, Hoseok was old enough to look after them, right?

Turns out he was wrong (again). It was no sooner than he had just stepped out of his shower that he heard a scream. 
____________________________________
Thanks for reading! Sorry for taking so long to update, a lot of things have been happening lately, but mostly good things! Part two will take some time, but I'll do my best! Thanks again!

-Chrystiemallow