halloween weirdness and couple time

Namjin Drabbles

“Namjoonie! Have you seen my pumpkin head anywhere?” Jin shouted in the bathroom to his boyfriend who was currently in their bedroom destroying the careful arrangement of clothing in their closet that Jin had so carefully put together.

 

“Yeah hyung, I think I saw it last outside in the living room by the tv!” Namjoon shouted back at Jin. Jin emerged from the bathroom wearing a jack-o-lantern pullover over his sweats and t-shirt. Namjoon stopped throwing random articles of clothing out of the closet for a moment to look at Jin and silently gush to himself about how cute he looked. Jin gave Namjoon a once over and huffed.

 

“Please don’t tell me you’re going as yourself again this year. And no, saying you’re “Rap-Monster” doesn’t count because that’s a nickname you made up for yourself. At least wear that cute yellow onesie I bought you.” Jin rapidly fired at Namjoon, leaving no room for arguments.

 

“But Jin-hyung, do you know what that onesie is supposed to be? It’s a gudetama, why do I have to be an egg?” Namjoon tried to talk Jin out of it, but it was useless, Jin stood by his onesie. Namjoon sighed and went to change into the gudetama onesie. When he re-emerged in full gudetama form, Jin grinned and greeted him wearing his own pumpkin head.

 

“Aww, Namjoonie you look so cute! See, it wasn’t such a bad idea,” Jin’s smile magnified twenty times. Namjoon could only smile back and nod. They headed out to meet up with their friends at Yoongi’s house, which happened to be three blocks away and was also where they planned on having their annual Halloween sleepover/costume party that only involved the seven of them, so it didn’t really count as a party, but it was close enough.

 

They arrived at Yoongi’s house and knocked on the door. It opened and they were greeted with Jimin in full Halloween mode dressed up in a wizard hat and mickey mouse gloves.

 

“Um, no offense Jimin, but what are you supposed to be?” Namjoon asked, very confused on the combination. Jimin only beamed and jumped around for a little before running back inside the house, leaving a very confused Namjoon and Jin at the door. They looked at each other and gave each other the “what just happened” look. They just shrugged and walked inside, only to be greeted with even more weirdness. It was only 9 o’clock at night, but their friends were already hyper on sugar. Well, except Yoongi, who was just trying to get Jimin to calm down and not break any of his expensive speakers. Jungkook and Taehyung were giggling in a corner and had accumulated quite a large pile of candy wrappers and an even larger pile of uneaten candies. Hoseok was just running in circles and occasionally jumping on the sofas whilst yelling, “I AM YOUR FATHER, I AM YOUR HOPE!”, to which Yoongi would groan, “You guys are cleaning all of this up tomorrow before you leave or I will skin you guys alive.” Everyone was dressed up and it was surprisingly festively decorated inside the house, with fake spiderwebs and jack-o-lanterns everywhere, considering it was Min Yoongi of all people who decorated.

 

Hoseok was dressed up as Darth Vader, from Star Wars, which explained the weird claim to fatherhood. Taehyung was a vampire, and Jungkook was detective Conan. Yoongi was dressed as Naruto, and Jimin was a wizard Mickey Mouse thing. Jin and Namjoon weren’t really sure what the official name for Jimin’s costume was.

 

They greeted Yoongi with a nod and a look of sympathy as they passed through the living room to get into the kitchen, where all the food was. As everyone else was busy in the living room, Namjoon decided to take this opportunity to get some alone time with Jin, as even though they live together, at least one of their friends always spontaneously show up at their house, so alone time was rare. They sat down around the long table filled with treats from pizza to bowls of chocolate candies to fake eyeball gummies. As Jin dug into the food, Namjoon just watched as he inhaled half the table by himself.

 

“Hey hyung, how long do you think it will take for them to crash from all the sugar?” Namjoon broke the silence.

 

“Hmm, probably in like an hour they’ll all be passed out.” Jin guessed as he continued to eat his gummy worms.

 

“Yeah, that would make sense, since I’m like 90% sure they have already eaten more than half the candy in this house in the last hour we weren’t here and Yoongi-hyung is probably going to tire himself out with all the energy in the room.” Namjoon nodded and finally took a slice of pizza and started eating. Namjoon and Jin jumped back and forth between the living room and the kitchen, as staying inside the living room the entire time was too tiring. They had experience with this in past years, and it didn’t go well when all of them ended up falling asleep on the cold floor. Some point during the night, Hoseok ran into the kitchen and grabbed Jin’s pumpkin head and ran out again. An hour passed, and just as Jin had predicted, the living room suddenly became quiet. They decided to go check on them and see if they really did crash.

 

They quietly entered the room to see Taehyung and Jungkook huddled together on the couch, Yoongi face down on the floor, Jimin laying on top of him on his back, and Hoseok somehow half on the table and half on the floor cuddling Jin’s pumpkin head. Jin chuckled and gave a small “I told you so,” to Namjoon as he went to collect blankets for the sleeping children. He re-entered the room and saw that Namjoon had rearranged Hoseok on the sofa to make him more comfortable and rolled Jimin off of Yoongi, so he could breathe. Jin smiled to see that Jimin had curled himself up into Yoongi anyway, and he went around distributing blankets. He stepped back and smiled at Namjoon and draped the extra blanket around his shoulders. They found the guest room and plopped onto the bed.

 

“So, are you ready for Halloween next year?” Jin asked Namjoon as they huddled together. It was really cold in Yoongi’s house as he apparently didn’t need heat to survive and no one knew how to turn on the heating in his house.

 

“I guess, I mean unless you’re talking about my costume in which case I’m probably gonna leave that to you again.” Namjoon said sleepily. He looked down at Jin and smiled. He loved looking at Jin, especially at night when he was a bit drowsy and thirty times more adorable, which is a lot as he was always adorable in his eyes. Jin yawned and rubbed his eyes, and Namjoon gushed silently once again. He leaned down and gave Jin a quick kiss just because and snuggled his head into Jin’s hair.

 

“We should have matching costumes next year.” Jin said, his voice getting quieter towards the end. He yawned again and closed his eyes.

 

“Good night, I love you.” Jin said as he prepared to fall asleep.

 

“I love you too.” Namjoon tightened his grip around Jin’s waist and his breathing evened out into a light slumber.

 

They declared that Halloween another success.

 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Well, here you go, the first drabble ish thing? Since it's halloween here officially, I wrote this because IT IS THE SPOOKY SEASON. Anyway, hopefully that wasn't tooo awkward, im really kinda nervous about writing fluff since that's not really my thing??? Like i enjoy reading it and i have ideas and stuff, but it never comes out the way i want it to unlike my angst because i am a dark person and i want people to suffer from feelings like me. lol anyway bye bye hopefully you did enjoy that and ill probably upload another one soon.
-Chrystiemallow