Intoxication/Revelations

Some Cheering Up Required

 

Yeon Doo under the influence of grape juice. ALL/YD.  

 


 

He had given his glass away to Soo Ah and it was awhile before he finally managed to get a drink for himself. Yeon Doo said it was very good, and he wouldn't doubt her.

 

He took one sip and nearly spat it back into the glass. Dong Jae knew that taste—sweet, sour and sickly.

 

Wine.

 

To his horror, he realized that Yeon Doo had been chugging it down like it was spring water. No! He had to save her from the inevitable and dreaded hangover!

 

“Yeon Doo, stop, that's not grape ju--” his good intentions were interrupted when his mouth was suddenly covered by a couch cushion. Hyo Sik, to his credit, avoided touching him but he was still far too close for comfort.

 

“Don't be a buzzkill,” Hyo Sik hissed into his ear.

 

Dong Jae struggled against the cushion smothering his face. He couldn't breathe.

 

“Oops. Sorry,” Hyo Sik muttered. “Look, just don't say anything okay? Yeon Doo needs to loosen up anyway, and a good drink will do the trick. You want Yeon Doo to be happy, don't you?”

 

Those were the right words to say. Of course he of all people want Yeon Doo to be happy, but he's almost positive that being drunk doesn't equate to happiness.

 

He nodded anyway, because it doesn't matter now even if he says something—Yeon Doo already had three to four glasses. She'll feel the effects soon, whether she'll want to or not.

 

Dong Jae bit his lip, feeling like a total failure by being unable to protect his most precious person from the evil that is alcohol.

 

.

 

He had to admit he was impressed that Coach Nam made her own wine, and so many bottles at that. She must be a total alcoholic—not surprising; she already proved she was a nutjob. What's one more mark on her record?

 

Ha Joon knew it was alcohol—and so did the rest of the guys, sans Tae Pyung. They've lost count how many times they had snuck beers, soju, wine and various other alcoholic drinks up to the dorm. Everyone tended to get along when they drink, and this time was no different.

 

He scanned the room and noticed that the girls were already smashed and the Real King guys (and Tae Pyung) were well on their way. Yeol was pacing himself, and Dong Jae as usual, was abstinating. Instead he was spending his time staring at his precious Kang Yeon Doo with wide, puppy dog eyes.

 

Ha Joon glanced at the girl beside him, and couldn't help his eyebrows from shooting up to his hairline.

 

The girl could drink. Honestly, she was still going and was still relatively sober, although her eyes looked glazed and she was smiling even more than usual.

 

“Slow down,” he grunted, because he didn't want her to suddenly throw up on him or whatever.

 

“I'm thirsty!” She retorted, and resumed drinking. He wanted to snap at her to get a glass of water instead, but then he would be revealing that the 'grape juice'... wasn't really grape juice. And he had swore an unspoken vow not to say anything.

 

“That's enough,” he snatched the drink from her hands, ignoring her angry protest. Keeping the glass from within her reach, he shot looks at Dong Jae to do something about her, which he did by tempting her with the leftover cakes on the table. Apparently the girl could eat as well as she could drink.

 

Ha Joon shook his head and sighed, suddenly feeling very tired. He wanted to lay down somewhere—but the couch was occupied. The floor was too hard and too cold for his liking.

 

So... he glanced at the staircase and made a quick decision. Upstairs it is. Coach Nam wouldn't mind them crashing in the guest room, right?

 

.

 

For the first time in a long while, Kim Yeol was completely relaxed and content. His friends and almost-friends were happy, his best friend was happy enough, and his object of interest was getting adorably and irresistably drunk. 

 

Oh yes, Kim Yeol had been watching Kang Yeon Doo like a hawk, partly out of concern and partly out of pure selfish interest. He had her face and all of her interesting expressions memorized and commited into his memory, but it still wasn't enough. He was a selfish, greedy bastard.

 

And he was in love. 

 

Because it must be love when he still considers her perfect while she's busy stuffing her face with chocolate cake. The only other explanation for his bizzare thinking would be insanity, and Kim Yeol is very much mentally sound, thank you very much.

 

Yeon Doo was reaching for every chocolate thing on the table; it was her hangover food, he assumed. She should eat slower—actually chew her food or else she was gonna choke. Kim Yeol was just about to go to her but Dong Jae was there, one step ahead.

 

There's that uncomfortable twisting feeling in his gut again, watching another man taking care of her. He's gotten used to seeing her with his roommate, but ever since these feelings appeared, it was getting harder and harder to ignore their closeness. Ha Joon's constant observations doesn't help matters.

 

Dong Jae held the glass of water to her lips as she drank, his expression tender. Kim Yeol's own gaze was hard; he was fighting a losing battle with his emotions. Jealousy, in particular, was persistent and unyielding.

 

“Arrghhh,” Yeon Doo pushed the glass away from her, “Ha Dong-ah... I don't feel so good.”

 

“You ate too much.” Dong Jae pointed out.

 

Yeon Doo shook her head, causing her ponytail to swing side to side. “I feel hot. I'm gonna go outside.”

 

She got to her feet somewhat unsteadily, and slowly shuffled out to the veranda. It only took a minute of hesitation before he was stepping out after her into the cool night air.

 

He finally decided.

 

One. He's going after her... and this time, he's going to do it. 

 

.

Word Count: 1000