Blush

Some Cheering Up Required

Yeon Doo can't believe what she's seeing—the cool and confident Kim Yeol: shy, stuttering, and smiling like an idiot. KY/YD.

 


 

Kang Yeon Doo wanted to erase the last thirty seconds of her life.

 

Or better yet, she wanted to erase him from her life. Curse that complicated man.

 

“Haaa....” She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath, one hand went to her heart while the other was flung over her eyes.

 

What was that? What had she just witnessed?

 

Kim Yeol.

 

Kim Yeol and Seo Ha Joon! Her mind screamed.

 

Kim Yeol... stuttering... smiling... “W-what am I suppose to say? I like you?”

 

Yeon Doo slapped her hands over her burning cheeks. Oh my god, she wasn't supposed to have seen that!

 

“Yeon Doo?”

 

She stiffled a scream.

 

“K-Kim Yeol...”

 

“What are you doing?” He cocked his head curiously, eyeing her red face and nervous expression.

 

“I-I-I...”

 

I have to tell him! I have to tell him I saw everything but that I'm sorry and I won't judge him for it!

 

“Kim Yeol!”

 

Okay, her voice came out way too loud. Kim Yeol looked rightfully startled.

 

“Don't take this the wrong way... I wasn't spying on you or anything I swear! It was an accident... I didn't mean to linger, but I heard, ummm... you, and, and the c-confession--”

 

“Confession?” Kim Yeol snapped, interrupting her babble. His look was so sharp that it could almost cut.

 

“Y-yes...” Yeon Doo seemed to shrink into herself.

 

“How much did you hear?” His voice was suddenly gentler, and the hard look in his eyes softened around the edges.

 

“I heard enough.” She gulped, “It's okay, you know I won't tell anyone.”

 

“You won't tell...?” His brows furrowed, expression morphing into confusion. Yeon Doo didn't seem to catch this as she went on.

 

“Yeah, I know what people would say. I'm not so narrow-minded! I won't judge you or treat you differently, honest,” she said earnestly. Yeol shooked his head, gripping her chin lightly and looking her dead in the eyes. Yeon Doo's breath hitch at his touch and proximity. He was so close she could smell his soap and aftershave.

 

“Kang Yeon Doo, what are you talking about?” He demanded softly, fingers subtly trailing up her jaw and coming to rest on her cheek.

 

“Y-you... and Ha Joon. Your confession to him.”

 

The hand caressing her cheek abruptly stopped moving.

 

"... what?" Kim Yeol breathed, so softly that she had to strain to hear. 

 

He became mute afterwards, opting to stare at her unblinkingly. 

 

“Kim Yeol?” She asked, starting to get concerned with his silence. 

 

Finally, he seemed to came back down to earth.

 

“Y-you think,” he choked, “Ha Joon... and I?

 

Kim Yeol took a step back, and much to her bafflement, began to laugh... maniacally.

 

“Oh god... Kang Yeon Doo... really, you...” he couldn't seem to get the words out due to him laughing so much. Yeon Doo blinked rapidly in astonishment, not expecting his reaction at all.

 

“Why... why are you laughing?”

 

Kim Yeol was clutching his stomach, tears actually visible in his eyes. He was trying his hardest to calm down. “Because, because...”

 

Smiling, he straightened himself, walking closer to her until he's got her backed up against the wall. Yeon Doo raised her head and eyed him uncertainly, unable to predict what he was going to do next.

 

Although to anyone watching, it was obvious.

 

His arms shot out from both sides and was held up against the wall, trapping her so she wouldn't be able to escape. Before she could process what was happening, he had already leaned down and captured her lips with his.

 

Yeon Doo was as still as a statue, even as Kim Yeol gently urged her into the kiss. 

 

Finally, finally, she responded. Tentatively at first, but even her shy reaction was enough to satisfy Yeol... for now.

 

When they separated, he finally answered her question.

 

“I'm laughing because of you.”

 

Yeon Doo still looked a little dazed and stunned, but not exactly upset or angry. Kim Yeol took it as a good sign. Laughing softly, he kissed her on the tip of her nose.

 

“You idiot,” he whispered, as a tender smile spread across his face.

 

.

 

When are you planning to tell her?” Ha Joon asked curiously.

 

Kim Yeol smiled sheepishly at the question. “I don't know. I don't even know how to tell her yet.”

 

Don't make it so complicated. Just come out and say it.”

 

Just like that, huh?”

 

Ha Joon shrugged.

 

W-what am I suppose to say? I like you?” He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. Should he just confess it just like that then? Should it be that simple?

 

Maybe,” Ha Joon smirked. “I think you should find a time and just kiss her. That'll get the message straight across.”

 

Yeol raised an eyebrow, looking thoughtful.

 

Hmmm. Not a bad suggestion.

 

.

Word Count: 800