Note To Self

Some Cheering Up Required

It's that time of the year again and Kim Yeol is determined to ruin her life; Or, a day in the life of Sevit High's 196th place. KY/YD.  

 


 

7:45 A.M.

 

Student dress code is enforced during classes. Everyone is required to wear the school-issued uniform.

 

I broke the dress code when I stupidly accepted a can of cola from the King Of s, Kim Yeol. Said cola errupted like a volcano when I opened it. I am covered in cola.

 

My gym clothes are missing. I did not bring spare clothes.

 

Kim Yeol proposed one solution, instead of his usual three.

 

8:00 A.M.

 

Kim Yeol has a dress in his bag. Why does he have a dress in his bag? Suspicions that he planned the whole thing has increased.

 

In any case, I don't have to walk around in wet and sticky clothes but I still violated dress code.

 

I received a punishment point.

 

9:03 A.M.

 

Kim Yeol catches up to me after class and asks if I was grateful for the dress. And then winked.

 

.

 

9:30 A.M.

 

Got laughed at for a full five minutes by the Real King gang. Damn it. This is why I never wear dresses.

 

10:20 A.M.

 

Dong Jae passed me a note in class. He asked if I was cold because he noticed me shivering.

 

I was. I had to rinsed my hair because it got drenched with cola, and it's still damp. Dong Jae passed me his jacket. Awww.

 

For some odd reason, I felt the temperature drop in class when I wrapped Dong Jae's jacket around my shoulders.

 

10:21 A.M.

 

Teacher Yang asked Kim Yeol why he kept smiling so weirdly like that. The room got colder after he asked that. Huh.

 

11:00 A.M.

 

Dong Jae asked if I would like to drink chocolate milk for today, instead of the usual strawberry. Awwww!

 

I reminded him that I never really cared for Valentine's Day.

 

11:15 A.M.

 

I chat with Da Mi for a while. She complained about gym class. I'm so relieved I don't have gym today, because I can't very well run track in a dress. No matter how nice this dress is.

 

11:35 A.M.

 

I never realized how mushy people get during Valentine's. Yuck.

 

12:00 P.M.

 

Kim Yeol is walking beside me as we head to our next class. Walking beside me. Not with me. I just want to clear that up.

 

Why do I keep seeing him everywhere today?

 

And where is Seo Ha Joon, anyway? I thought those two were inseparable.

 

1:00 P.M.

 

It's like everyone is eating a box of chocolates for lunch. Valentine's Day makes people lose their minds.

 

Dong Jae offered to buy me a box if it bothered me so much. I don't know whether I want to hug him for that or punch him.

 

1:08 P.M.

 

Everyone kept looking at me. It's this stupid dress. Stupid Kim Yeol and his stupid cola. Using my tricks against me. How dare he?!

 

I left the cafeteria and all of their rude staring behind. Dong Jae went to play basketball but I wasn't in the mood to cheer him on.

 

He told me not to be sad. The timing isn't right yet.

 

Huh? What does that mean?

 

2:00 P.M.

 

I can't wait till the last bell rings and I can run back to the dorms and change before cheerleading practice starts.

 

2:30 P.M.

 

I'm the first one out the door. I could almost taste the freedom--!

 

Someone's blocking the door.

 

It's Seo Ha Joon.

 

What?

 

2:31 P.M.

 

Ha Joon says I should just turn around and head to the roof. I told him no, obviously. Why would I do that?

 

2:32 P.M.

 

I HAVE BEEN BETRAYED BY MY BEST FRIEND.

 

2:33 P.M.

 

Dong Jae appeared from behind me and tied my hands behind my back. He's working with Ha Joon! The traitor! They have tied me up and now they are carrying me to the roof, like I'm a piece of log.

 

I'm going to die up there, I just know it.

 

Thankfully they didn't think to gag my mouth. I started screaming like it's nobody's business.

 

2:36 P.M.

 

My throat hurts and nobody came to my rescue. WHY?! Are the teachers in this school really that incompetant?!

 

2:40 P.M.

 

It took longer than expected to get me to the roof since I kept struggling, Ha Joon says. Well what had he expected? I won't do down without a fight!

 

There's something off about the roof.

 

Why do I smell something burning?

 

3:00 P.M.

 

I am dying. Of laughter.

 

Apparently Kim Yeol had recruited Seo Ha Joon and Dong Jae to bring me up here so he could surprise me with a Valentine's lunch. I don't know what is more ridiculous. That he thinks I would swoon over this, or that his romantic surprise failed epically.

 

There is a barbeque grill on the roof. God knows how he got it up there. But anyways, he tried to cook... and somehow made the tablecloth catch fire.

 

That's how we walked in on him. Trying to stomp out the fire he started.

 

Hence, the dying of laughter part.

 

3:12 P.M.

 

We're eating salad, Kim Yeol and I. Ha Joon and Dong Jae had left, but not before I promised Dong Jae that he would receive divine retribution later for this betrayal.

 

He just smiled at me like a dope.

 

3:13 P.M.

 

Kim Yeol asks how the food taste. I laugh, despite myself.

 

3:15 P.M.

 

Out of curiosity I asked him why he didn't plan this at night, if he wanted to make this actually romantic. But he knew that I would change out of the dress as soon as I had the chance.

 

So he'd rather eat with me under the hot afternoon sun just so I would be in a dress? Ugh, what a typical man.

 

3:16 P.M.

 

Kim Yeol is smiling. He hasn't stopped smiling, actually. It's making me feel things I don't want to feel. How troublesome.

 

3:20 P.M.

 

Kim Yeol keeps glancing at me. I roll my eyes and told him to take a picture so it'll last longer. He took his phone out and actually did.

 

Bastard.

 

3:21 P.M.

 

The dress does suits me though. It's a nice shade of red, made of expensive fabric but the style is simple and classy. That he actually went out and bought me a dress... it's almost swee--

 

NO! What am I saying? I hate this!

 

3:35 P.M.

 

Alright, I don't hate this. Kim Yeol took a small speaker out and now we're dancing. This almost feels like a real date.

 

Even if the song playing was something by APink.

 

3:38 P.M.

 

A slow song came up. Oh no.

 

3:40 P.M.

 

He didn't kiss me. He had a good opportunity but he didn't kiss me. Why do I feel disappointed?

 

Must be the heat. The afternoon sun is frying my brain.

 

3:41 P.M.

 

There is banging on the door, and Ha Joon is yelling that we should get to cheer practice soon before Coach Nam arrives.

 

I still haven't change my dress, I realized with a panic.

 

3:42 P.M.

 

I turn to run out, but Kim Yeol grabs my arm. (Again with the arm grabbing.) He asks if this had changed my mind—do I still hate Valentine's Day? He has something planned for me after practice; a real date, under the night sky with stars winking down on us and honest music playing. He wants to dance with me again, he says. A waltz, maybe? But he doesn't know how so would I please teach him so he doesn't step on his own foot and look like a number one idiot?

 

If I say yes, I won't need to wear a dress, he says with that cheeky smile that I hate but can't stop picturing at night before I sleep.

 

I'm conflicted.

 

I need a minute to think.

 

3:43 P.M.

 

I said yes.  

 

.

Word Count: 1300