Love Martyr

Some Cheering Up Required

It comes to a point where he needs her to breathe easily. His life support; his emotional crutch. DJ/YD.  

 


 

Ever since he could remember, she's always been there. He's lived in her shadow for years, content to follow her until the ends of the earth.

 

There are three things that his world revolves around—basketball, strawberry milk, and Yeon Doo. The last is his most dearest, most priceless thing. She is his most precious person, more important than life itself.

 

There is a word for that feeling he has, thudding deep inside his chest cavity. Something strong and stubborn, taking root in his heart and it has only been growing in time. He's looked it up once, after he had asked Yeon Doo and all she did was laugh incredulously—he thinks she didn't quite know what he was talking about.

 

At first, his most obvious answer is love. He loves Yeon Doo, that much is certain. But he loves quite a number of things too. Like his parents, and basketball. And of course, strawberry milk. Love wasn't the answer. Because how could he compare that intense feeling for the girl next door with a dairy drink?

 

So he pours through the dictionaries, which was silly in hindsight, because everyone only uses the internet nowadays. He figured he was just strange that way.

 

Finally, he decided it must be worship. He worships Kang Yeon Doo as much as the lord above. He would do anything for her.

 

But he knew, even without her saying so, that she would do the same for him too. It's what makes her so beautiful on the inside. He doesn't understand why everyone else can't see it as well. 

 

He doesn't know how he's supposed to live without her, if she should ever leave. He prays she doesn't.

 

He prays that in some way, she'll always need him. Just like he will always, always need her.  

 

.

Word Count: 300