Epilogue

Trials of Life ~ A Bangtan Boys Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung was shaking.

 

They hadn’t even left the dorm yet and he was ready to vomit into the toilet and pass out. Being sick was not fun, but he almost wished he had food poisoning over these damn nerves of his. Maybe if he was sick he could talk his way out of going to the airport? He felt a hand wrap around his wrist, hushing his frantic mind. Jimin was smiling knowingly at him. Of course he knew. Everyone damn well knew how terrified he was right then. He didn’t bother to hide it, why should he? They all knew how freaking terrified he was to meet Jeongguk. It’d been a year after all! What if he was meaner now-the American ones are known to be rude and with Jeongguk’s natural tendency towards being a , he could have very well turned into one! Or what if he thinks he’s too cool for a Hyung that's childish? What if he outgrew his weird and 4-dimensional Hyung and liked to read the newspaper or athletic stuff like Yoongi? What if he’s taller than him...Taehyung wanted to bash his head in. He couldn’t take this. He was going to die.

 

“Taehyung, I don’t know exactly what you’re thinking right now, but you are going to be okay. And Jeongguk is not going to hate you.” Jimin said, giving him an encouraging pat. Taehyung yanked his hand away, not out of anger at Jimin. He’d been such a doll to him ever since Jeongguk left, even now he was trying to help him. But if Taehyung were being honest, no one could quiet the real fear in his head. He wasn’t scared of Jeongguk being more mature, or more handsome, or more anything. He was afraid of him being less, less attentive to him, less playful and doting on him, less in love with him than he was when he left. If Taehyung were being honest, he was afraid that Jeongguk had stopped loving him completely. He’d had nightmares of their reunion, Jeongguk giving him this fake smile and empty hug, whispering an apology for not feeling the same as he did before. This scared Taehyung so much more than an extra inch above him or new interests they couldn't share. It scared him because if it turned out to be true, he didn’t know what he would do. The time they’d spent apart, Taehyung had come to love him so much more.

 

“Taehyung, stop your internal monologue, we’re going to be late.” Yoongi said this as he pushed him from the door. Taehyung wasn’t let go until he was in the back of the van, right in between Hoseok and Jimin. On the way, he’d had asked two times for them to pull over because he thought he really would vomit, and then another time because he thought he would piss his pants. The third one was the time they actually stopped. Despite Taehyung’s attempt at avoiding it, they had reached the lobby of the airport in around thirty minutes. At this point, Taehyung had finally come to an agreement with himself. He would not act differently if Jeongguk didn’t, but if he did, then he would too. It was a protection for his own heart and Jeongguk's. As much as it would hurt trying to move on, he would try. He could lose his feelings for Jeongguk if it meant he would keep the other as a friend. Resigned to this fate, Taeyung made to sit in one of the many lounge chairs in the lobby.Just before he got comfortable, Jimin grabbed him and pulled him over to a coffee station in the airport. Taehyung protested at first, but Jimin’s pouting won him over. Thus sitting in a booth not far from the other members, the two started discussing what Jeongguk would be like.

 

“He'll be dark as hell and have an even worse attitude. Americans are rude I heard." Taehyung grumbled, hard on his Americano. Jimin just shook his head.

 

 

“No, Americans don't put up with attitude. He'll probably come back all docile and sweet. I guarantee it. He's bound to be a changed man." Taehyung laughed at the very thought. Jeongguk was docile and sweet only rarely around the two of them. When he'd first moved in the year prior and spent those long months with the members, he'd "appeared" docile. The elder members didn't hear what he said once they were gone. The familiar memory of Jeongguk's smartallic remarks brought a smile and familiar warmth to him. He hoped he hadn't changed one bit. He wanted Jeongguk just the same as when he left.

 

 

"I still can't believe he only texted me ten times throughout the entire year. Ten times! Who's so damn busy he can't even spare a 'how's your day going?' Once a brat always a brat." Just as he said this, his phone buzzed. Taehyung reached down into his pocket and took it out. He was both surprised and scared to see it was from Jeongguk. Leaning over so Jimin couldn’t see, he read the message.

 

Date: 5/3/2017

Time: 10:57am

Sender:Jeonkookie~

Subject: Sup


Just landed, see you in a bit

Date: 5/3/2017

Time: 10:57am

Sender:TaeTae

Re: Subject: Sup


You’re on a plane! You can’t be using you’re phone on a plane! Pabo why!

Date: 5/3/2017

Time: 10:59am

Sender:Jeonkookie~

Re: Subject: Sup


-__- ... that’s why I said I just landed. I’m off the plane obviously. And you’re calling me the pabo...

Date: 5/3/2017

Time: 11:00am

Sender:TaeTae

Re: Subject: Sup


Well...you’re a jerk so there! >=P

Date: 5/3/2017

Time: 11:01am

Sender:J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter