Prologue

Trials of Life ~ A Bangtan Boys Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never thought I’d make it this far. To be honest, I never even thought I could be anything other than just...Jimin. I’m not all that confident. Everyone knows this, even the fans. I try to put on a brave face, but it’s hard when all the self-doubt inside just piles up without any other place to go. But here’s something that being in BTS has taught me. It’s that I don’t create the confidence I feel, I receive it from the people around me. They are the ones that build it up inside of me, with a stronger foundation than all of those stupid doubts ever had. That confidence inside me grows stronger everyday, and I have my family, my bandmates, my best friend Taehyung, and the love of my life, Jung Hoseok, to thank for it. So I’m writing this now to all of you because I want you to know that I’m not perfect. I may be able to laugh and be silly in front of you all, sing beautifully and dance expressively, but I wasn’t like that to begin with. I was afraid. I was afraid to be myself. I was afraid to be judged by others. I was afraid that if I let people in, if I let people get too close, I’d end up getting hurt. But let me let you in on a secret, sometimes you have to let people hurt you, because then the right person will come along and heal the parts of you that are broken.

 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter