Chapter 12: The Fear

Trials of Life ~ A Bangtan Boys Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His wretched roommate stood before him and crossed his arms in disbelief.

 

“Well me! If it isn’t the little pup from before. Never thought I’d see you around here again.” Jimin gulped.

 

“So I was right! It’s Jimin isn’t it? I told you it was him. Recognize the bastard anywhere.” One of his roommate’s friends said as the posse came and circled him. Jimin had a very bad feeling. A very, very bad feeling crawling up his back.

 

“H-hi Joohyung.” Jimin muttered. Joohyung squinted at him and smirked.

 

“You’ve really filled out huh? Don’t always remembering you being this fat.” Joohyung sneered, earning laughs from the people around him. Even Jimin did, because he wanted this little conversation to be over as fast as possible, and the more bored with Jimin Joohyung got, the sooner he would leave him alone.

 

“Yeah haha. I should probably go on a diet. I’ll be sure to do that. Guess I’ll be seeing you Joohyung.” Jimin said and tried to run away but Joohyung grabbed his arm and yanked him back against the wall. Jimin really hoped that he had forgotten about their less that ceremonious farewell.

 

“Not so fast pup. I haven’t seen you in forever. How’ve you been? Anything new happen lately since you basically ditched me?” Joohyung asked sarcastically. Great, Jimin thought, guess he hasn’t gotten over that.

 

“Nothing really. Just going through the motions I guess.” Joohyung reared his head back in laughter and patted Jimin hard on the chest.

 

“Going through the motions? Is that what a band member does now? I heard you got a gig with a group in the company. Still plan on lying to me?” Jimin inwardly cursed, wishing that Joohyung hadn’t known about his changed status in the company. Now he was going to want something-because the only time he had ever talked to Jimin was when he wanted something from him. This time was no different.

 

“Yeah. He’s working with that kid genius rapper. Name’s Monster or something I’m pretty sure.” Joohyung's friend spoke up, slurping his cup of coffee. Joohyung raised an eyebrow.

 

“Is that true pup?” Jimin gave a closed-lip smile.

 

“Y-yes. That would be correct. His name is Rap Monster and he is probably waiting on me as we speak. So I should really be getting back to him. It was nice-” Jimin started to walk away again, but Joohyung grabbed him and wrapped an arm around his neck.

 

“You’re with them right now? Really? Why don’t you introduce us? It’d be nice for them to meet your trainee friends wouldn’t it?” It was phrased as a question, but meant as a command. Jimin panicked. These were the last people he wanted his bandmates to meet. The absolute last, he needed to shake them off somehow. He still needed his phone though. Jimin thought furiously for a moment before sighing and responding.

 

“I-I guess. Just wait here for a sec because I need to go grab some stuff from my room. They told me I’m not allowed to show anyone where our room is because of safety purposes, so I’ll have to ask you to wait here.” Joohyung laughed and shook his head.

 

“I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if we knew. Afterall, we’re friends. Plus it’s not like anyone’s gonna know, so long as you don’t squeal.” Joohyung looked at him threateningly and squeezed his arm around Jimin’s neck a little harder. Jimin gulped and carefully removed the arm around his neck.

 

“I-I have to insist...because...uh...I don’t know how to say this other than just straight telling you...but...uh...the managers.” Jimin finished lamely. Joohyung raised an eyebrow.

 

“Managers?” He asked. Jimin patted himself on the back for coming up with a great excuse.

 

“Yeah...The managers are at the dorm right now...And If they see me with you, they’ll know I broke the rules. Then not only will I and the rest of my members get in trouble, but so will you. And I know you don’t want to get put on probation again. It’s right around the corner so just stay here and I will get back to you in a sec I just need to grab my phone and we can go meet my members.” Jimin said, speaking fast and backing away slowly. Joohyung and his friends exchanged glances, no doubt wondering if what they were hearing was bull or legit. Finally a consensus passed amongst them that, even if it was fake, they couldn’t risk another probation. Joohyung stood erect and nodded.

 

“Alright, we’ll be waiting right here for you. And Jimin?” Joohyung said just as Jimin was turning to leave.

 

“Y-yes?” Jimin asked. Joohyung smirked and started cracking his fists.

 

“I know you’d never do this, but just in case you try, I need you to understand something. If you don’t come back, just know that I will be very very upset. And you wouldn’t like me when I’m upset.” Jimin gulped but smiled sweetly.

 

“Of course Joohyung. I understand. Be back in a sec.” Jimin waited until he was concealed in another hallway before sprinting away. Just before he turned the corner that would hide him, he overheard Joohyung and his friends.

 

“He’s totally going to ditch you. That was all bull.”

 

“I know. But trust me, he’s too much of a pushover to disobey me. I’ve had him wrapped around my finger for as long as I can remember. He’ll be back.” Jimin felt anger bubble up inside him. Joohyung seemed to think Jimin was still that squirrely little brat from long ago, but things had changed, not just for him but inside him. Joohyung would be damned if Jimin let him control him any longer. Park Jimin wasn’t about to be pushed around any longer. Jimin came back to the first intersection that had brought him to the wrong side of the building and took the left this time. He soon found himself in the right end of the building as signs indicated that he was in the group portion. He only needed to walk for a few minutes before he spotted the room number for their apartment. He opened the door with lightning speed and searched frantically for his phone. When he spotted the black rectangle sitting on the kitchen counter, he felt relieved. He grabbed it and found that nearly twenty minutes had passed since he’d left s, and his dad had called him. He’d need to send an apology text and tell him he would contact him later. He needed to hurry as well before s nearly lost their minds. He’d received numerous worried texts from Taehyung and Hoseok, and one slightly concerned text from Jeongguk. And if Jeongguk was sending him anything, then it must have been bad. Seokjin had called him four times and left a voicemail. Jimin hoped they hadn’t been waiting for him or anything. He swore he told them before he left to just go on ahead and he would catch up. It was just a cafe close to the dorms. Not too far of a walk, especially not for Jimin.

 

“I’ll just get there quick as I can. If I linger any longer then I might run into Joohyung.” Jimin sent a quick group text to Taehyung and Jeongguk saying he was on his way, he just ran into some unexpected trouble and would tell them about it later, and a confirmation text to his dad with a promise to call later. Jimin closed and locked the door, making his way down to the entrance. Just as he was getting into the elevator and the door was closing, a hand slapped in the middle of the closing doors, causing them to open again. Jimin felt his heart beat rapidly as Joohyung's sadistic smirk came into view along with his body casually leaning against the wall. Jimin’s heart deflated along with his hope as Joohyung and his friends piled into the elevator with him. Joohyung grabbed Jimin around the arm and pulled him flush beside him. Jimin started panicking as his thick arm wrapped around his neck, but was squeezing harder at a rapid rate. Realizing what he was about to do, Jimin began to fidget and jerk, yanking at the arm that wouldn’t budge. Jimin’s neck was squeezed to the point of suffocation, and he garbled pleas that went unheard. None of the group seemed bothered by the fact that Jimin was being choked, and neither did Joohyung who only smiled brighter as Jimin’s protests dwindled into hacking sobs, and then long wheezes and then nothing. Jimin’s arms fell to his sides, and his legs gave out on him, and just as he was sure he would pass out, Joohyung released him and he fell to the floor. He clutched his chest, sounding like a dying animal, coughing and hacking and in breath. Before Jimin could get stabilized, Joohyung smashed his foot down on top of Jimin’s back and pinned him to the floor. He grinded his foot harder and harder into Jimin’s side, making it difficult again to breathe. Jimin swore his bones and organs were being crushed with the weight of not just Joohyung, but his friends pressing down on him.

 

They’re going to kill me, Jimin thought. They are actually going to kill me. Jimin began sobbing again, no longer caring about what he looked like, just wishing that someone would end this madness. Jimin cried out with relief as the pressure lifted, and he could breathe. He stared up wearily at the door, wondering why no one had caught them doing this to him. They were only on the second floor for christ’s sake! Jimin peeked up and saw one of Joohyung’s friends holding the ‘close’ button on the elevator. Oh, that’s how, Jimin thought. Jimin felt his shoulder being lifted up and pushed over so that his heaving body was now facing Joohyung. He looked absolutely terrifying. The kind of angry where you smile but every inch of it is pure evil. Jimin felt the familiar fear of him pulsate through his body.

 

“Jimin, Jimin, Jimin. I really thought I could trust you. Here I was just reassuring my friends that you wouldn’t lie to me. So sure I was and yet, look at you. Just about to leave when you said you would come back for me? Now Jimin, that isn’t very nice, not very nice at all.” Jimin whimpered. If he was using his real name, then he wasn’t just annoyed, he was pissed.

 

“J-Joohyung...please-” Joohyung backhanded Jimin across the face, his ring splitting Jimin’s lip with the force of the smack. Jimin swiped at the blood with his tongue, hoping the taste of iron would distract him from the monster above.

 

“You made me look like an idiot, puppy. And you know I hate being made to look like an idiot.” Joohyung’s once mocking smirk turned into a furious glare for a moment. Jimin knew that look meant that the elevator was just a preview to what Joohyung would do to him.

“Joohyung, I’m sor-” Joohyung placed a finger to his lips to shush him.

 

“No, no, no, puppy. Bad dogs need to be punished. Don’t worry. I’ll be sure to properly discipline you later. We have a date with some band members though, so lead the way.” Joohyung grabbed Jimin by the shirt and hauled him up. He nodded to his friend as he wrapped his arm around Jimin’s neck again. The elevator doors pulled open and their group of guys walked out nonchalantly. If you weren’t looking closely, they seemed like a normal group of friends just going out or an afternoon of fun. But if you peered a little deeper, looked a little harder, you would have seen a small boy captive under a big guy, with tears rolling down his cheeks and whimpers leaving his quivering lips.

 

 

    “Where the hell is he?” Seokjin said crossly while slurping his coffee. Yoongi sighed heavily and sipped at his bottle of water. Hoseok bit nervously on his nails while Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair. Jeongguk and Namjoon rolled their eyes at the rest of the group, so worried and frenzied over Jimin’s absence.

 

    “He literally just texted us he was on his way. It only takes ten minutes to get here, and he knows where this place is. We’ve come here numerous times with the idiot over here. He’s not lost or kidnapped, just probably taking his time.” Jeongguk reassured.

 

    “Besides, he’s a grown boy. He needs to know how to take care of himself. He’s got a navigator for a reason.” Namjoon said, patting Seokjin on the back. Seokjin huffed.

 

    “I can’t help being worried when he’s been gone for nearly a half hour! I knew we should have sent one of you young ones with him. God if only I’d known.” Seokjin bit his lip, regretting letting little sweet Jiminnie go off on his own.

 

    “I have a very bad feeling about this. I just can’t shake it. Something is seriously wrong right now.” Hoseok flipped out his phone again and cursed. Jimin hadn’t texted anything new and it had been fifteen minutes since his last text. He’d texted him three times since then and still no response. No, something was seriously not right, at all.

 

    “I feel it too. Something about the way he responded just seemed off. He said he ran into something unexpected, but even then, what could be unexpected when it’s in the dorms?” Taehyung bit down on the straw in his smoothie and up the sweet slush. He didn’t like it, Jimin casually texting he was fine then not responding at all when he was texted not long after that. What was happening that Jimin forgot to check his phone for messages? He would have felt the buzz of his phone’s vibration or heard the little ping that went off every time he got a new text. His notifications were on-Taehyung had watched him turn them on when they were in the car earlier-so why wasn’t he responding? Taehyung felt that same sickening feeling in his stomach that Hoseok felt. His Chim Chim was in trouble, he knew it. He just needed to know what.

 

    “Look, just call him again and see if he picks up. He can’t be far away now. He probably just doesn’t hear his phone ringing when he’s in the middle of the street surrounded by all kinds of noise.” Yoongi says, pointing at Hoseok. Hoseok starts to protest, but then sighs and relents.

 

    “Hold on.” Hoseok says as he pulls out his phone. He clicks on Jimin’s speed dial and waits for the ringing. The line buzzes until Jimin’s perky voice messaging system plays, and Hoseok hangs up in annoyance.

 

    “I knew it. I freaking knew he wouldn’t pick up. This isn't making me feel any better.” Hoseok growled. Yoongi huffed.

 

    “Well I’m sorry I can’t satisfy your immediate needs, but this is the best we can do. The only thing you can do is wait, so sit down, shut up, and wait.” Yoongi responded with a glare. Hoseok pressed him with one of his own and they stayed like that, each daring the other to do something. After a while of heavy silence, the two broke apart and glared at opposite walls. Jeongguk sighed.

 

    “Come on guys, there’s no need to fight. Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter