Chapter 23: Dance Practice Part 1

Trials of Life ~ A Bangtan Boys Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hobum jostled around his messenger bag for the key card to their dorm. It was 10 am and he was the lucky bastard entrusted with waking up the group for their dance practice today. Normally Hongmin-the king of all schedules and conflict resolvers-would be the one shaking their shoulders and shouting down the hall to wake everyone up and load them into the van. But of course, said man had a “prior commitment” that needed taking care of. So naturally Hobum had the pleasure of waking up an hour and a half earlier than normal just to get the brats up. Hobum slid the card under the scanner and turned the handle. He was greeted with a mildly dirty living room and practically empty kitchen. Sighing, he set his track bag down on the couch and walked down the hall to the first bedroom. He didn’t bother knocking, knowing the princess would sense his entrance no matter what. Seokjin blinked his eyes slowly hearing the door close. He wiped his face while he sat up, squinting at the alarm on his night stand.

 

    “Dance rehearsal?” Seokjin asked. Hobum nodded. Seokjin groaned and fell back against his pillow.

 

    “Ughhhhh...of course it is.” Seokjin whined, earning a sweet smile from his manager.

 

    “I’m curious as to where your other member is. Seems he’s not in his bed.” Hobum said while pointing to Yoongi’s unmade bed. Seokjin crained his neck to look and rolled his eyes.

 

    “It’s Friday, so he’s probably at the recording studio with Jimin-ah. They had their own personal practice sessions together.” Seokjin rolled his shoulders back while he stood up. He heard Manager Hobum scoff while scratching the back of his head.

 

    “Of course they are. Because missing members just makes my job so much easier. When are they going to be back? Yoongi should be well aware of the dance rehearsal today, so I’m a bit baffled as to why he isn’t here right now.” Seokjin could see the authoritative glint in Hobum’s eyes, rare for his ‘go-with-the-flow’ nature. He immediately placed his placating smile on his face.

 

    “I’m sure they’ll be here any minute. Yoongi would never let them be late for something.” Hobum huffed in an “i’m sure” sort of way. Seokjin just prayed that they would be here in time. Namjoon would be second in line for a lecture right after the other two since he’s the leader and it’s his responsibility to make sure all members are doing what they’re supposed to, when they’re supposed to. Sighing, Seokjin left the room to go wake the other members. He started with Namjoon and Jeongguk as they would be hardest to get up first. Namjoon was an impressive sleeper. Seokjin opened the door and made a beeline for Namjoon’s bed. Not one for subtlety, Seokjin leaped onto his bedside and began jumping up and down on the mattress.

 

“Rapmon! Time to get up! Up! Up! Time to get up!” Seokjin shouted. Namjoon’s body tumbled around for a bit before his eyes cracked open. He stared around in confusion while his body was tossed to and from. Eventually, his ears picked up on his hyung’s yelling and he turned his head to face the elder. He groaned and rubbed his face with both hands.

 

“Aish! I’m up! Stop! I’m up already! Hyuuungggggg Stooooooppppp!” Namjoon cried while grabbing his hyung’s legs and yanking them. Seokjin fell across his lap and shrieked.

 

“Yah,” Seokjin yelled while swatting Namjoon’s arm, “you could have killed me brat!” Namjoon rolled his eyes and pushed him off of his body.

 

“You could have killed me with all that jumping. Have you no care for my face getting smashed in?” Seokjin scoffed and crawled to the other side of the bed. He hopped off and made his way to Jeongguk’s side. The sweet boy was still deep asleep despite all of Seokjin’s shrill yelling. Seokjin smiled sweetly on seeing the youngest still fast asleep.

 

“It would have been a great improvement on that face of yours trust me. Jungkook-ah? Time to wake up. Jungkook?” Namjoon scoffed and rolled his eyes while Seokjin cooed at the youngest.

 

“Whatever you say princess.” Namjoon said while he left the room. He felt a shift behind him and ducked just before the shoe thrown at him made contact. Instead of his head, the shoe hit the wall next to him. Namjoon snickered as he dashed off to wake up the rest of the members. Seokjin tsked.

 

“I’m going to get that cheeky brat one of these days. Now for you little one.” Jeongguk was still somewhat asleep, turning his body away from Seokjin’s hands. Pursing his lips, Seokjin shook his head.

 

“I was afraid I was going to have to resort to this. Sorry Jungkookie. You asked for it.” Seokjin whispered and leaned over Jeongguk. He dusted his fingertips over Jeongguk’s s before grabbing them fully and twisting. Two twists later, Jeongguk was wide awake and shoving his hyung away in fright. He breathed heavily and rubbed his pecks, all while blinking at Seokjin.

 

“Wha-what just...?” Jeongguk asked. Seokjin snicked while he pushed himself up.

 

“You’re a bit of a heavy sleeper Kookie. Had to wake you up somehow. Try not to fall too deep asleep again or you might regret it.” Seokjin sing-songed before skipping out, leaving a baffled Jeongguk behind. Jeongguk sighed and leaned fully over his lap. His heart was racing and his idiot hyung didn’t even realise the kind of fright he caused him. Jeongguk in his half asleep state thought it was someone very different touching his s and oh how bad that would have been. Jeongguk prayed that he would make it through the day, because his currently wasn’t off to that great of a start.

 

Jeongguk rubbed his eyes and pushed off his covers. He allowed himself a solid ten seconds to reorient himself and get out of bed. He immediately made his way to their shared closet and picked out an outfit. He stuck with his typical arrangement-sweats, t-shirt, sweatshirt, thick socks, and his favorite pair of jordans. He glanced down the hall to see if anyone was in the restroom and saw a line forming. Hoseok and Taehyung were waiting in the hall. Jeongguk overheard the sound of water running and assumed it was Namjoon washing his face. Evidently, Jeongguk would have to wait to do the same. He was about to turn away but his eyes caught on his hyung yawning. Jeongguk felt his breath catch, even frumped up from sleep Taehyung still looked breathtaking. His spiky hair stuck out in every adorable way possible, his eyes were still squinty from sleep, his lips were swollen from who knows what in the night, and he scratched the bottom of his tummy just like a little kid. Jeongguk gulped, red flags flying across his vision.

 

Warning signs were screaming at him not to stare, but he just couldn’t help it. How was he not supposed to feel something when Taehyung just looked so...innocent...and vulnerable...and teasable...like that. Jeongguk shook his head out. His thoughts were very dangerous this morning. Very very dangerous. Jeongguk was about to turn away when a y voice that sent shivers down his spine spoke.

 

“ Kookie? Is that you? Do you wanna brush your teeth while Hobie-hyung goes in?” No, Jeongguk thought, in fact I don’t and would greatly prefer any option that keeps me at a ten foot distance from you. But because Jeongguk was not one to voice his thoughts, he did the opposite.

 

“Sure.” Jeongguk grunted, sliding past his hyung to grab his toothbrush. Hoseok was washing his face at the moment, but didn’t fail to spare the younger a cheeky grin and a pat on his head with the back of his hand.

 

“Ahhh, our favorite is awake. How’s the golden maknae feeling today?” Hoseok asked. Jeongguk shrugged his shoulders while he brushed his teeth. Hoseok scoffed and rinsed off his face.

 

“Yah! Kookie-ah, you can’t spare a few words in the morning? Why so shy?” Taehyung proceeded to punctuate his words with wrapping his arms around the younger, effectively making talking nearly impossible. Jeongguk swore he got the biggest wiff of the best scent he’s ever smelled. Seriously, even with his rhinitis he was in pure bliss, struck mute just because the scent was so heavy and heady, like a light musk mixed with some kind of ocean scent. Taehyung smells good, Jeongguk thought. Taehyung’s arms got tighter and Jeongguk felt him press his body against his side. Jeongguk worried he’d be weak in the knees soon if he didn’t get off of him. Jeongguk responded by shoving the edler away and spitting into the sink. He was done brushing his teeth, and deali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter