Chapter 21: New Assignments

Trials of Life ~ A Bangtan Boys Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: If you have already read what I posted yesterday night, well, sorry but you'll need to reread the previous chapter. I freaking spaced and posted the wrong one and gave a small spoiler. Well not small but...*sigh* I hate my life. If you are seeing this for the first time then kindly ignore this A/N because you will have no Idea what I'm talking about XD. Again, so sorry about the mix-up. Its what I get for writing six freaking chapters in advance.

 

Jimin hesitated as he pushed open the lobby doors. He could turn back now. Joohyung might not have seen him yet through the company's windows. He could just high tail it back to his hyung and pretend like nothing ever happened. Nevermind the fact that Jiyeon would probably skin him alive. Her failure would evoke the wrath of Joohyung...and no one ever wanted to do that. Jimin understood better than anyone what that was like and he wouldn’t want to put anyone through it. So with another sigh, he grabbed the bar and pushed ahead. He was met with typical activity for a friday morning. Trainees were milling about and waiting for the company shuttles to take them to the studio. Some were sprawled out in several of the lobby sitting areas, enjoying a morning chat in front of the tv’s. Others were loitering around the vending machines. Jimin scanned the three different sitting areas, looking for Joohyung’s cropped brown head. It didn’t take him long to spot the elder-he was relaxing in the back corner of the furthest sitting area, right by the windows. It overlooked the main road, which explained how Joohyung had seen him earlier and sent his lackey after him.

 

Jimin scoffed. He was unimpressed to find Joohyung flocked by his usual group of friends. They were just other jerks hanging around him for status and power. Jimin had seen many of them in his past when he roomed with Joohyung. Jimin even spied a couple of the guys that had helped Joohyung manhandle him in that elevator the first day he returned to the dorms. Jimin felt two parts fear and one part anger curl in his gut. Why did Joohyung need those thugs with him? Wasn’t Jimin perfectly defenseless enough? Or did his hyung’s appearance and Jimin’s lack of response from this morning anger him more than usual? Jimin shook his head as he approached the group. No, no, Joohyung neither sounded nor appeared mad in his text this morning. Just his usual gruff and demanding self. And if he was sending someone to come ‘collect’ him then whatever he had to say was important. Unless it wasn’t Joohyung who was supposed to be doing the talking.

 

Jimin gulped as he made eye contact with Joohyung. He was leaning against his palm with an amused smirk stretched across his face. He looked sinister and playful, but not angry. Jimin bit his lip in apprehension. That playful attitude wouldn’t last long. Joohyung would be very upset very fast when he found out that in nearly a month’s time Jimin had acquired absolutely nothing on the rest of s. Jimin murmured a small prayer for himself. He was a gonner.

 

“J-joohyung.” Jimin said. Joohyung laughed and pointed to the seat across from him.

 

“Well don’t be shy. Take a seat. You look like you’re walking to your grave.” Joohyung said. With you, I very well might be, Jimin thought. He took a seat and stuck his hands under his legs. Joohyung’s ‘friends’ closed in behind him, barring him from any kind of escape.

 

“You missed me puppy?” Joohyung smiled. Jimin wanted to hurl.

 

“Uh,...yes?” Jimin offered. Anything to keep the shark smiling.

 

“Good. I missed our little check ins. I do apologize for being on the late side, but I’ve found myself more preoccupied than usual. Not that it matters to you. I’m sure the extra time has made you very productive.” Not a question, Jimin noted with fear. Yes, he was surely screwed.

 

“A-about that Joohyung...” Jimin started. Joohyung glared him into silence.

 

“Not now. You’re little stunt with the other one put me way behind schedule. I was hoping for at least a twenty minute talk but I can’t even have that before my ride arrives. I’m going to be quick with this. I have places to be, and things to do.” Joohyung motioned for one of his friends to grab his jacket on the floor. Jimin gulped.

 

“Listening?” Joohyung asked as he stood and started putting his jacket on.

 

“Yes.” Jimin nodded immediately.

 

“Good. I won’t be able to contact or check in one you for a while. And by while I mean about a month and a half...maybe. My new trainer I’m working with is prepping me for outside auditions and performances, and with the time running down to a wire, I need to be in tip top condition.” Jimin’s eyes bulged from his head.

 

“Y-you’re leaving! Leaving Big Hit!” Jimin exclaimed. He was met with a hard smack across the back of the head and hiss from Joohyung.

 

“No you idiot! And don’t say crap like that out loud. Are you trying to get me kicked out?” Joohyung seethed. Jimin bit his lip.

 

“S-sorry, I just thought-” Joohyung raised his hand as if to slap him, but relented.

 

“And that is your problem you dog. Stop thinking and start listening. Already ruining my semi-decent mood. I have no intention of leaving the company. I don’t have to explain myself to you. I’m only telling you so you don’t get lazy and think I’m not watching.” Joohyung cleared his throat and readjusted his jacket.

 

“Now, as I was saying. I won’t be meeting with or contacting you for a while, so I’m leaving you a few assignments while I’m gone.” Jimin’s ears perked at this. Joohyung being gone meant no harassing texts or threatening beatings. This was good. Very good. But what kind of ‘assignment’ did Joohyung have in mind?

 

“What did you...” Jimin trailed. Maybe he didn’t want to know. Joohyung was practically beaming at him.

“You, little puppy, are going to get me some things I need. One, bring me some photo evidence of your member with the guy he likes. I want as compromising as possible, so don’t spare any kind of detail.” Jimin fazed out for a second, trying desperately to remember who he was talking about. Who did Jimin say it was again?

 

“This Seokmin guy is apparently a known and rather disliked fellow among the trainees. I guess moving from acting to singing and then to a band was a rather fast and unfair move among the department.” Ah, Jimin thought, yes, it was Seokjin I betrayed, right right, I remember now, in all my pathetic and desperate glory. Jimin was surprised though to hear that people didn’t like Seokjin. He was such a kind and caring person. It was weird to imagine him being hated by others. Although, jealousy was a rampant thing around here so maybe it wasn’t so surprising after all. Jimn would have to ask him later about the ‘debuting as an actor’ thing. Jimin was generally curious about that.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter