Chapter 36: The Beginning of the End Part 5: Finale

Trials of Life ~ A Bangtan Boys Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: This is update 1 of 2, and no gif because I cannot find the right one. I will be giving a full A/N in the second one

“Sorry to burst your bubble there, but you should really make your instructions clear. Just because you station people at the bottom of a stairwell, doesn’t mean anyone can’t come from another floor above. Like, say the one right underneath us." Hoseok stepped into the room, hands held casually in his pockets.

 

Not as if he was absolutely furious, or blatantly appalled at seeing his Jimin being manhandled against a wall. No, he was the picture of serenity. Tonight was just like any other night, taking an extra few hours to practice with his band member when a rude guest appeared. These were the lies Hoseok told himself to keep his temper down. The minute he saw a crack in the mirror and blood drops on the floor, he'd been ready to rip Joohyung limb from limb. Nothing could have prepared him for this. Not Jimin, not sweet precious Jimin raised by his neck with blood dripping down his back, or menacing Joohyung pressing against him. He tried hard to tell himself to hold back. He promised himself all kinds of things to keep himself under control, just enough until Jimin was safely in his arms again. He peppered himself with enough sweet talk so that his fists relaxed, and his vision no longer swam with images of a bruised and bloody Joohyung.

 

Once he'd been sure he could speak without cursing or growling, he'd relaxed his features even further and presented himself to his enemy. Joohyung looked more annoyed than angry at his intrusion. But it might have had more to do with his doubt regarding how much of a threat Hoseok really was. And he was a threat, let there be no doubt about it. But Joohyung was blissfully unaware and this would be his biggest mistake yet.

 

"And as for your friend outside the door, he’s more than likely got a concussion. It’s what he gets for being in my way and for insulting my friend over there.” Joohyung rolled his eyes, annoyed at his own men’s incompetence. He would need to really punish his idiot friends later. Even when presented with a clearly simple task, they still managed to mess it up. No matter. He would take care of it himself. Joohyung dismissed the matter with no more than a shake of his head. Now he shifted focus to the minor annoyance in his path. He knew who Hoseok was. He knew who all of the members were. And just as he did with Jimin, he saw him as no more than an eye sore. He was just one more person in his way. And he would deal with him accordingly, but he had one weak little that still needed an -beating. And Jimin's would have his soon enough.

 

“Well whoopty-ing-do, Looks like Jimin’s brought his boyfriend. I’ll get to you once I’m done with your friend. Now if you'll excuse me...” Joohyung was going to turn again, but Hoseok stopped him.

 

“Maybe I didn’t make myself clear enough. This is over Joohyung. You’ve royally messed up this time. You won’t do a single thing to Jimin or me if you know what’s good for you.” Hoseok spoke again, his voice dropping to nearly a growl, but only lightly. It was a warning sign of his oncoming aggression, and Joohyung was not catching on. Hoseok took another step into the room. Jimin saw him from the floor and noticed he was still wearing his clothes from practice earlier that day. Had he not gone to bed? How was he here, and why did he know to come? He didn't know, couldn't know who Joohyung was, could he? Jimin never explicitly mentioned him, so how did the elder know there was something going on between the two? Or more importantly, how much did he really know?

 

“And maybe you didn’t hear me? I said I have with your bandmate to clear up. So get out of my way if you want to prolong your beating.” Joohyung threatened, taking a step away from Jimin and towards Hoseok. Jimin's eyes darted between the two as fear crept in. He hoped Hoseok wasn't thinking of fighting him. Joohyung was built like a bull, full brawn and power backing it. He would sooner break Hosoek in two before the latter could even get one punch in. Joohyung was dangerous plain and simple, and Hoseok was playing with the devil if he thought he could threaten Joohyung without some kind of protection of his own. Jimin could promise that.

 

“Maybe I’d move if you explained some things to me. How about we start with why the hell you're in our studio room, and what you want with Jimin, since you seem so damned determined that nobody interrupts you.” Hoseok asked. He appeared unusually calm, so much so that Jimin was frightened. Because of his tone, it was easy to tell that he was stalling. Hoseok must have known why he was here, and what he wanted. It was just that Joohyung didn't because he was slow and rather oblivious. Jimin knew this, could have rejoiced in the prolonging of his beat-down, yet he still wondered how and when Hoseok became aware of his situation. And if he knew, the question still remained of whether the rest of the members knew, be it his deal with Joohyung or his confession to the managers. He knew the members would find out about his betrayal sooner or later-one doesn't get kicked out of a band and not inform the other members-but he didn’t expect it to happen so soon. He kind of wanted to be semi-conscious in a hospital first before dealing with that.

 

“Sure, since you don’t seem to be leaving you annoying . Jiminie and I had a deal, and he didn’t live up to his end of the bargain. I was owed six pieces of blackmail material on six members of his band. And yet it seems I’m going to be getting zero out of those six. And so as a way to collect on his debt, I’m going to break every bone in his body. His pain can pay for what he owes.” Jimin gulped and attempted to sit up. The motion made the shards in his back shift, making him groan. He reached behind him and plucked at the pieces there. Holding them in his hand, he scoffed. Only a few little shards had caused him so much pain. He sighed when they were finally out.

 

“Jimin’s not stupid, he wouldn’t make a deal with you unless there was some other reason. How does Jimin even know you, and why would he agree to something like that?” Joohyung seemed to laugh at Hoseok’s assumptions and questions. Clearly, he didn’t know his Jiminnie as well as he thought he did. This made him feel superior in a way he couldn't recognize. Jimin mentally slapped himself at Joohyung's idiocy. He was seriously missing the obvious tone of Hoseok's fake voice. He wasn't asking because he wanted to know or care, he just wanted Joohyung to talk. And other than saving his own skin, Jimin couldn't figure out why.

 

“Me and Jimin go way back. To trainee days in fact. It also happens to be the reason he’s been doing all of this for me. You see I have a pretty big fist to swing around Big Hit, I was famous among the trainees. Nobody messed with me. And Jimin was the lucky guy that got to be my . What are roommates for anyway?" Joohyung seemed to notice Jimin attempting to stand. He pushed him down again onto his back without hesitation. Jimin groaned in pain when his wounds slammed into the floor, earning a grin from Joohyung. Hoseok visibly simmered but relaxed before the other turned his face back to him to continue.

 

"Well, ex-roommates now. You see, Jimin when we were roommates did I everything I told him to. It was cute actually. I’d make him clean up after the parties I threw, pee in cups so I could get a part time job, tell me who would be doing evaluations later that day and what they would be looking for, hell, Jimin even did my cram school homework for me. Why? Because I told him to. Why, again you ask? Because if he didn’t I would have beat the living out of him. Remember, I swing a pretty big fist, both literally and figuratively. And Jimin was right to be scared. You might call it unpleasant, but I think we just had that special bond. We shared everything, so imagine my anger and shock when one day Jimin’s stuff was all gone and I couldn’t find him anywhere. That was hard enough, but then imagine my utter heartbreak when I found out I was being investigated for illegal possession of alcohol in the dorms? I was not happy that day, no I wasn’t huh Jimin?” Joohyung looked again to where said person had moved to. He'd been slowly been crawling away until Joohyung looked at him again. He gulped when Joohyung stepped closer and snatched him up by his shirt. Hoseok wanted to tackle him right then and there but urged himself internally to wait for the right moment. It was coming.

 

“Yes, this little bastard right here had jumped ship on me, switched to a new room, and got me on probation. My dad had to drop a ton of money to get me back in, but he did. When I finally came back, I found out that little Jimin had advanced to a higher level without me and moved in with his little friend Taehyung. I was pissed then. But this still wasn’t done. He’d managed to avoid me at every single step of the way. Even after getting everyone to harass him for me, even after paying off evaluators to lower his scores and hold him back, he still improved and his stupid guard dogs got in the way, making it impossible for me to speak with him one on one. Then when I heard about the audition and that my little puppy was in it, why I had to do something! I couldn’t let him get away with screwing me over. I guess I underestimated him, because this er still managed to get a spot even after I had someone switch out his music and ruin his clothes."

 

At this, Hoseok felt his facade crack, his eyes widening in realization. He was taken back to their audition with the trainees, when Jimin had worn that ridiculous costume and managed to insult even Seokjin with the lunacy of it. Even after impressing them with his improvisation, it was still hard to believe that someone had sabotaged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter