Chapter 16: Which One Will It be?

Trials of Life ~ A Bangtan Boys Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author Note: *this is the long overdue chapter update that I kept promising but never actually posted. I was reading over it and i decided to just trash what I originally written and rewrite this chapter because it connected poorly to the next one and I felt like it strayed from the original plot, so here is the revampe version! please don't hate me I'm sorry, so sorry!*

“That was more successful than I was expecting it to be.” Yoongi said thoughtfully on the car ride home. Hoseok nodded in agreement.

    “Yeah. I forgot how low V’s voice was.” Seokjin said. Taehyung grinned.

    “Jimin’s rap killed me though. I was so shocked.” Namjoon added, smiling teasingly at Jimin in the back. Jimin puffed his lips out in a pout.

    “I told you it would . I was never good at that to begin with.” Jimin responded.

    “Yeah, but I wasn’t expecting ‘I’ll burn you worse than cooking oil’. That was hilarious.” Hoseok said, teasing Jimin further. He scowled and turned away from him. Jimin puffed out his cheeks and glared at his reflection in the mirror. He knew this would happen. Everyone was just making fun of him. He should have refused when Hoseok told him to ‘write from the heart’. It was all a disaster the moment he stepped into the recording booth and Hoseok dropped a beat. Jimin had never been so red in his entire life.

Yoongi had been howling in his chair, and Namjoon and Taehyung were in hysterics. The only person who remained relatively sane was Jeongguk, but even he cracked a smirk when he was rapping. Seokjin was near tears by the time Jimin had finished. He had come up to him as soon as he stepped out of the recording booth and told him, “...now I know I absolutely at writing lyrics and rapping, so know this is an expert on bad saying this, Jimin...that was terrible.” Jimin had thought Seokjin would be on his side. He was wrong. He had even joined in on making fun of him when Taehyung started cracking jokes. Jimin had even started considering pulling out of the group all together with the way they were acting.

    Once they had finally calmed down enough to speak coherently, Namjoon had ushered in Taehyung to sing a song in the recording booth. After listening to some quality music-as Hoseok called it-Taehyung had been met with praise upon praise for his smooth baritone voice. Jimin frowned just remembering it. It’s not like he’s necessarily an impressive artist-by no means does Jimin consider himself as such-but he’s at least decent enough to sing and dance well. Why did they have to put him on the spot for writing lyrics? Jeongguk was infinitely better at that than Jimin. They should have put him with Hoseok and left Jimin to tinkering around on the music editing program. At least then he wouldn’t have made a fool of himself and been stuck with Yoongi to practice writing lyrics every friday morning now.

Jimin peered over Hoseok’s shoulder to glare at Yoongi’s head. Yoongi was so mean and hard on him. The last thing he wanted to do was spend intimate time with the grumpy hyung. It was sure to damage what little self-esteem he had. As if sensing the glare on his back, Yoongi turned around and looked straight at Jimin. Blushing and turning away, Jimin swung his head back to stare out the window. Yoongi scoffed and turned back around.

    “You pick weird ones Hoseok.” Yoongi said. Hoseok raised his brow in question. Yoongi gestured behind him to Jimin. Hoseok turned, looked at Jimin, and frowned.

    “What are you talking about?” Yoongi rolled his eyes.

    “Your favorite was glaring at me. I was thinking he had something to tell me, but the minute I acknowledged him, he looked away.” Hoseok laughed.

    “He’s probably mad at losing his friday mornings to spending time with a grandpa like you.” Yoongi cocked his head.

    “Do you want to die? Yah?!” Yoongi smacks him behind the head.

    “And he’s not my favorite. What made you think that?” At this, Yoongi rolled his eyes.

    “You’re not slow, so I don’t know why you’re acting like it.” This time, Hoseok scoffed.

    “Excuse me?” Yoongi readjusts in his seat to lean against the window.

    “You fawn over him, baby him, and are oh-so-quick to defend him. Does that not sound like favoritism, or what?” Hoseok pursed his lips in contemplation. He didn’t think he was being that obvious.

    “Are your eyes going out too old man? Next might be your hearing. We might need to get you some hearing aids just to be prepared.” Yoongi grabbed the front of Hoseok’s shirt and yanked it to him.

    “You really do want to die don’t you? Rapmon, tell the driver to pull over. I need to teach this dongsaeng a lesson about respecting his elders.”

    “Now children, let’s all just calm down. I’m sure there’s a much more peaceful solution. What’s got your in a twist Suga?” Seokjin asked. Hoseok outright laughed while Yoongi gave Seokjin an incredulous look.

    “See? Even Jin-hyung sees you as a senior citizen.” Hoseok said while holding his hands up in protection. Yoongi shoved him to the side and turned back to the window to pout. Seokjin laughed and shook his head.

    “Look’s like I won’t need to ask anything. We’re at the dorm now so feel free to kill each other as you please.” Namjoon said as he got out of the car.

    “You’re the leader! You can’t say that.” Seokjin called after him, exiting to car on the street side. Yoongi followed next, making sure to push Hoseok over as he was leaving the van. Hoseok cursed as he nearly fell onto his face, but managed to catch himself just before hitting the pavement. Yoongi walked away with a satisfied smirk, unaware of the middle finger being directed at him. Taehyung snickered, seeing the lovely image being displayed by his hyung.

    “Hyung, I thought you were supposed to be the nice one.” Taehyung taunted. Hoseok huffed.

    “That’s Jin-hyung’s job. Mine is the be the childish one. Speaking of which, hurry up. You’re voice is driving me crazy.” Taehyung huffed.

    “You’re one to talk! You were screaming for no reason at the studio!” Jeongguk pushed Taehyung out of the van as he left, ignoring the squawking coming from the elder. Jeongguk smirked, self-satisfied while he walked away. Taehyung trailed after him, latching onto the younger’s neck and threatening to end him. Nobody caught the fond smile that made it’s way on to the youngest’s face.

Jimin was last to file out, letting Hoseok close the van door behind him. They waved off the driver before walking together into the building. At first they didn’t say anything to each other, but Hoseok broke the silence. He couldn’t just stand next to him and not say something. They were awkward enough as it is.

    “So how was your day today?” Hoseok ask with a perky tone. Jimin looked him up and down in disbelief.

    “You know how my day was. You were there for majority of it.” Jimin responded, rolling his eyes when Hoseok made a hurt expression.

    “Oh Jiminnie! How could I ever know what is going on in that little head of yours? You barely talk to me anymore, so I’m about as informed as that rock over there.” Hoseok finished with a knowing smile and pointed to a random spot outside of jimin’s vision. Jimin blushed, feeling like he’d been caught when in reality he hadn’t been doing anything. At least, not intentionally.

    “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jimin said. Hoseok snorted.

    “You and I both know what I’m talking about. What happened? Where was that cute little dongsaeng that practically glowed when I talked to him?” It was Jimin’s turn to snort.

    “Don’t call me cute. I’m a man, not a little girl. And nothing happened. I never ‘glowed’. I don’t know where you pulled that from.” Hoseok laughed, nudging Jimin with his shoulder.

    “But you are. You’re the cutest wittle dongsaeng ever!” Hoseok cooed as he pinched Jimin’s thick cheeks. Jimin yelped and pushed away from him.

    “Yah! Hyung, stop. You are so weird!” By now they had reached the elevator and caught up with the rest of the group. Seokjin turned around to commotion coming from the back. Upon seeing Hoseok teasing Jimin and the younger responding rather aggressively, he smiled. It was good to see they were bonding...or at least as close to bonding as two young boys could get.

    “Stop touching me and get in the elevator already hyung!” Jimin shouted, shoving Hoseok into the open double doors. Hoseok smirked as he stilled his body, forcing Jimin to use all his strength to push him into the elevator. Once inside, Hoseok turned around quickly and shoved Jimin back into the lobby. The force of his push sent Jimin’s back to the floor. Hoseok didn’t hesitate as he slammed down on the ‘close doors’ elevator button. Hoseok said in a rather mocking sweet tone, “have fun taking the stairs,” waving to him as the doors sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter