Chapter 8: Cat analogy

Getting you back (2nd book)

First book (Prequel) Getting you: View all chapters

Previous & next chapters: Refer to master list here

 

**Consider this a filler chapter ;)**

Chapter 8: Cat analogy

A minute into staring at each other while the lift door closes, and Soohyuk is still not saying anything. He better not hope that i have some telepathy ability because i don’t!

Slowly now, he took a few steps towards me until i could go nowhere between these four walls. Taking one more step forward to me, he caged me between his torso.

tumblr_inline_nw9v6pFmJT1qi3eea_500.gif

“Don’t ask for an answer you won’t be able to do anything about” He said in all seriousness. I could’ve responded with something smart, but i couldn’t. I have a feeling of what he meant by that sentence, yet, i felt like i don’t know enough about the meaning of it.

“Even so….. tell me” I responded and he chuckled. 

“Stubborn as always” He commented and pat my head, playing with my hair.

tumblr_inline_nw9v85jHJW1qi3eea_540.png

“You know, curiosity always killed the cat” -He paused as if he’s still in his thoughts. “But what you don’t know is that….I don’t want that to happen to it. I love how the cat gets curious about things around her. I love how playful she can be. I love how she can be as fierce if she was angry….And i am always hoping for nothing but the best for her. For her to be happy, everyday. But as a human, there are some things i can’t force. I can’t force a cat to always come back to me no matter how long i wait for her to return. I can’t force a cat to love me the same way it will love another cat. But perhaps if one day she remembers me, i hope she knows where to go. Because i will always be at the same place waiting for her return…. anytime, with open arms”

“Okay… oppa, there’s three things you have to know now. 1) You’re being really weird. 2) You’re confusing me, and 3) Can you don’t go all poetic on me about cats? Just speak normally because i don’t get it!” -I said, frustrated and confused. What is all this sudden conversation about cats and the live of cats? 

“That’s the whole point” -He nodded lightly at me and walked away, the same time the lift door opened. Ugh….. I am officially frustrated.

tumblr_npdov99ehn1qddb05o1_500.gif

Originally posted by hell-ogoodbye

“Yah! You two…” -A wild jiyong suddenly appeared in front of the lift door. “We were calling three of you and not one of you answered” -He continued complaining. “Where have you been? Oh wait, And how come there’s only the two of you? Where’s Seung hyung? I ring the doorbell and no one answered” 

I know this is a late discovery, but i just realised how chatty Jiyong oppa can be sometimes. 

“The three of us went to eat buffet downstairs but we two came up first. Why? Why did you call?” -Soohyuk answered cooly. 

“Want to have night swim?” -Jiyong asked, flashing his gummy smile at us.

tumblr_my8guwv69D1s7nrp7o1_400.gif

Originally posted by 871104-choitop

“No. Want to go clubbing instead?” -A wild Seunghyun appeared from the other lift. “I saw a small club here while exploring the hotel just now while these two abandoned me” -He stared at me especially, “But they have good paintings here though….” -he muttered to himself.

Aish... him and his arts. It’s like embedded to his body. But oh wells, not that i’m complaining anyway.

“Club? In this hotel? I wanted to go clubbing but the members thought it will raise too many public eyes if we go to the nearest ones. Didn’t know the hotel have it. Even better then! No need to travel. I’ll go call up on the rest. Meet you all there” -Chatty jiyong spoke. “And answer your calls!” -He waved and entered his room. He’s so like a child sometimes.

*****

“I’m so lazy to dress up. Can i just wear my shorts and baggy shirt? Being a woman is tough. Ugh, why are you all even dragging me out when i could just sleep in this comfy springy bed?” -I complained in the room after i finished showering, with Soohyuk beside me already dressed, with a normal sweater throwover, and a pair of denim jeans with his boat shoes. Guys really do have it easy and quick! I mean, even if they wear their sleeping T-shirt and bermudas, those bouncer will still let them in. But girls? hah! 

“Wear this!” -The model soohyuk threw me his short sleeved collared office shirt. “Wear that, and just your sleeping shorts. It will give you the tee-shirt dress kind of look.” -He explained.

“Aigooo….. my oppa” -I quickly went to him and pinched his ears. “A top model is really different! Fashion sense so quick it’s faster than my legs can go” -I praised him.

“That’s because your leg is short” He teased me. 

tumblr_inline_nw9vf8djwN1qi3eea_540.png

“Come here, quickly” -He pressed on my shoulder and made me sit in front of the dressing table. “I’ll dry your hair. Do your make-up” He said and with that, he took the hair dryer and patiently dried my long frizzy hair, that could usually drive me insane at the insane amount of time it takes to dry it. But here he is, not even a word of complain. 

If you’re wondering where Seunghyun is, he’s already downstairs. Said he will take a look at the collection of wines they have so he could recommend all of us it later on. Obviously, it feels like wine is more important to him than me.

tumblr_mprqeoGBXI1s6hbjvo1_400.gif

Originally posted by tardisewho

“Enjoy your night later” -Soohyuk said to me through his light smile.

What is he talking about? We are all going to spend the night together but he said it as if i am going to spend it with another person.

******

To be continued….