Chapter 11: Calm before the storm

Getting you back (2nd book)

First book (Prequel) Getting you: View all chapters

Previous & next chaptersRefer to master list here

Chapter 11: Calm before the storm

I let my eyes slowly open to the surrounding, squirming at the harsh sun light that has already risen while tossing and shifting around the king sized bed that i have fallen in love over a night. Plus, making my everyday mandatory whale noises is a must while doing the morning stretch.

It’s a good morning, and all i am looking forward for is the breakfast buffet. I wonder if the guys have left yet. But upon hearing the clanking noises outside and the closing of refrigerator doors, i concluded that they are still in the room.

I quickly make my way to the adjoining bathroom and release my one night worth of body liquid, before i tie my hair up to a messy bun- since my hair is already messy, and i am too lazy to do anything fancy. A girl’s got to have their lazy days sometimes too!

I lazily made my way to the room again and remove my clothes, now standing in  front of the mirror in my matching lacy black bra and . It didn’t even occur to me that i wore matching lingerie yesterday though- not like as if i had expected anything to happen. You naughty mind, early in the morning! I cursed to myself.

I started finding a suitable one-piece dress that i can just slide in to and still look good. But where is it? Did i pack it? I racked my brain trying to remember the situation.

“[Y/N], are you awake-” The door suddenly opened, and i turned around to the voice who’s expression shows an ‘O’ and then he put on his shy expression.

tumblr_mpkogjYTDb1s6qlg2o1_500.gif

Originally posted by shabbitable

His eyes trailed down from my chest to the bottom, checking me out before his eyes go right up back again painfully slow.

“I asked you to check on her” I heard ramblings outside, and the shifting of foot belonging to Seunghyun. “What is taking you so long to-” He stopped mid-sentence when he saw me in my current wear. 

tumblr_n2rjh5cH4o1rcqx9zo1_500.gif

Originally posted by thesoshisone

Instead of trailing his eyes at me openly like Soohyuk did, his face hardened for a moment and his lips parted slightly, with his eyes trying to fixed at other things except me but almost failed at that task, his adam’s apple visible enough to be seen bobbing up and down.

Suddenly, as if he regained his composure, he immediately pushed Soohyuk out of my room, and out of sight muttering “This is killing me early in the morning”, with Soohyuk nodding at his statement. Boys… just being boys.

“C-c-cover up” -Seunghyun stuttered after pushing Soohyuk back into their room, trapping him there.

“I need to find a dress first. Wait, give me a moment” I argued and continued searching through my luggage.

“[Y/N], you do know i am a man right?” He asked me, as if i’m in my right mind.

“Obviously” I looked at him dead-panned in the eyes. 

“You are leaving me in a state of dilemma right now” -He muttered to himself.

“A- what?” I asked, and right at that moment, i found my dress as i out my hands up in the air for the happiness i am feeling.

“Could you help me zip it up?” I casually asked him, showing him my back. 

tumblr_mv9177xiNo1s3daxgo1_500.gif

Originally posted by karutta

He stared into my eyes for a moment before he walked towards me and started zipping them up slowly. It felt like he was purposely doing it but whatever, he got the job done.

“Thank you” I smiled at him. “Oh, and you were talking about dilemma? What is it?” -I asked curiously.

“I wanted to leave the moment i saw you so as to respect you. But… how can i leave the room when i get to see you like that?” -He asked.

“Ahh….” -I trailed after understanding what he meant, “So basically you wanted to leave but your rooted you here when you saw me in that state, so the dilemma of whether you should leave or stay” -I said.

“Y-yeah that’s true. But how could a girl just said ‘’ so casually?” -He flustered.

“Why not? It’s not like i haven’t seen it” -I shrugged my shoulders and smiled at him flirtatiously and walked away.

 I smiled at myself after that, knowing the impact i have on him.

tumblr_n3j2i7Vjmh1slfulxo1_500.gif

Originally posted by adamantblue

*****

“Wow when did you guys bought all these doughnuts and… coffees?” I enquired, looking at he spread of colourful bright little donuts and the cups of coffees for each of us on Jiyong’s room dining table. We decided not to go down to the dining area at the lobby because there were a lot of people in the morning.

“Vanilla frapucinno with whipped cream for you, [Y/N]” Soohyuk said, handing out the cup to me. “There was a new cafe and they were having promotions so we went there and bought it” -Jiyong answered. “We queued for almost 20 minutes for this” -Seungri chirped in.

Wordlessly, Soohyuk slides one of the plates with the vanilla flavoured donut onto my plates while i simultaneously picked up the chocolate flavoured donuts and put it on his plates, as if we choreographed and pre-planned this exchange, while Seunghyun who’s sitting infront of me just gave me a mild annoyed look to our exchange before but i managed to pacify him and feed him one of the doughnuts which he happily eats and ate one of mine too after that and sipped my drink.

 

tumblr_mtw09oOy9T1sjhj4jo1_500.gif

Originally posted by allaboutkoreanstuff

“Do you always do this whenever you’re in front of men?” -Seunghyun asked, eyes locked and focused on my lips.

 

tumblr_n9xzzh1Ln01tgxj1bo1_250.gif

Originally posted by shutupfeels

“Come here” -Soohyuk leaned in nearer to me, with a tissue in his hands.

The two boys said at the same time, leaving the rest of the members and i stunned at their words. “W-what?” -I enquired, looking at them both.

Seunghyun, without any explanation, leaned in nearer towards me since he’s sitting opposite of me, and glided his thumb across my lips. “Whipped cream” He said, locking his eyes on mine, and almost sounded like he was trying to seduce me. 

“Ah, so wasted! we should have made them do it like the one Secret garden parody we did, then make them kiss!” Seungri said excitedly. But in my peripheral vision, i saw an almost frozen and shifty gaze of Soohyuk’s eyes and facial expression turned to something unidentifiable.

tumblr_mfw3b6FOo91ql5s8lo1_250.gif

Originally posted by naomivipbb

“Ah…. smell~” I nodded in understanding and automatically tuned myself to the voice and made that exact same motion Daesung did for the parody. I remembered watching it and that was the most eye-catching part of the parody i will never forget. I laughed, and the others followed. “Yah, you!” Daesung fake pouted but end up re-enacting it again, making all of us burst into laughters.

*****

“Where are you guys going later?” Seunghyun turned his attention to the rest after we have calmed our hearts down from all the jokes.

“Water sports. Why? Are you guys joining us?” - Jiyong answered and looked at me, “But you don’t like water sports though…” - Soohyuk gave me a questioning look, “We are not joining all of you. I have set up plans for us already” -Seunghyun smiled mysteriously at me.

I fake pouted. “You’re dragging me away from them, again? I need bonding time” -I whined, “You’ll have more chances for that. But right now, you need to bond the most with me. We have something to settle. Something big and important to settle” -Seunghyun said, the first part he was smiling but the second part of the sentence made his entire expression go all serious- which made me nervous out of a sudden. It feels like something big is going to happen but i couldn’t place any right words on it, yet. 

“What is it?” I asked.

“You haven’t seen the news yet? It’s a total daebak!” -Jiyong said in excitement and gave me a thumbs-up with his gummy smile, and i shook my head to answer him.

tumblr_ntlh5ssp1y1qddb05o2_r1_500.gif

Originally posted by hell-ogoodbye

“Oh….” He nodded, as if it’s not in his place to say it as he looked over to Seunghyun.

What is this feeling? As if, it’s the calm before the storm? 

*****

To be continued…..

(Next chapter will perhaps be the last two… or the last)