Chapter 13: One step closer

Getting you back (2nd book)

First book (Prequel) Getting you: View all chapters

Previous & next chapters: Refer to master list here

Chapter 13: One step closer

“What was it that you guys needed to talk alone privately?” -Seunghyun pried after the rest of them had left to do their water sports.

“Honestly, you don’t even have any plans for us. Don’t you? The master of staying indoors” -I , as he smiled shyly showing off all the cute dimples he had. Ah, those dimples always gets me all attracted to him.

tumblr_nun5mxzjub1ue9wllo1_500.gif

Originally posted by topsgirlsualfantasies

“I know” -He said cheekily,  “What?” -I questioned.

“You just said my dimples gets you attracted to me” -He flashes his big smile.

“I actually said that out loud?!” -My eyes widen at the fact that i just heard, as he swiftly put me down on the sofa and rested my legs on his lap. 

“So what do we do now?”

“Want to dance with me?”

“The choom way? No thanks” -I declined.

“What are the chances of us getting back together?” -He turned serious, though slightly shy as his eyes went shifty.

“Hmm…..” -I pondered;

It’s been bogging on my mind. I probably acted as though i didn’t care, as if i’m at ease because i didn’t let the part of my brain to “overthink”- which i usually did, but deep down, i can’t deny it either. I knew that what i had with him is something i couldn’t have with anyone else. Not even with Soohyuk, probably.

How do i even start explaining this? It seems like the memories are still etched on my mind, the late night talks we have, the future we seemed to envisioned together, the houses and its’ facilities we would like to live in, the random twenty questions over wines and alcohols that allows us to speak nothing but the truth… How could anyone ever replace these memories? It’s a kind of familiarity. A familiarity that took time to be built. Something, which can’t be done overnight. Something, i’m not willing to re-spend my time getting to know another person. 

But, that thought scared me more than ever. Because the ‘what ifs’ questions came back. What if he abandons me again? What if one day this cycle repeats itself? What if i’m making a wrong decision? What if Soohyuk should be the one i’m choosing? … What if, this time may be right? What if, this time we could fulfil all the talks we once had, and continue our love for as long as we had promised?

It’s a mixture of fear, and another part of faith. 

Yet, between these two, i do not know which one i should go for. 

I’m too afraid. I’m too afraid to choose. I’m afraid of regrets and consequences. I’m afraid of the wrong choices i might make.

I leaned in and laid my head onto his shoulder, as i sighed deeply. Too tired and too overwhelmed about this. He brushed and caress my hair gently, without saying a word. With us, in this comfortable silence, enjoying each other’s company. And i appreciate this part of him - his understanding and sensitivity to the situation, to my thoughts, to the time i needed.

tumblr_nskcvwdqU41s0vbjto1_500.gif

Originally posted by bigban9

“Are you thinking of me now?” -He leaned in and whispered into my ears.

“Not really” -I said, honestly.

“Oh, that’s very honest. Indeed, my girl” -He chuckled out a small laugh that made both of us smile.

“We have to go back to reality tomorrow” -He said quietly.

“I heard from the other oppas’ that YG had squeeze in a impromptu concert then” -I asked, though it sounded more like a sentence instead.

“Yeah, and it’s been so many years but it’s always touching when we heard the tickets were all sold out within 10 minutes every single time. Will you come too? I’ve got a VVIP pass for you already. Jiyong probably got one for Soohyuk too, so you won’t be lonely while watching me on stage.” -He answered, emphasising on the word ‘me’ instead of the whole BIGBANG members. What can i say? This is Choi Seunghyun. I’m not surprised.

“Should I?” -I smiled and looked at him, right deep fixated into his eyes. This will be the first time to attend their concert if i go tomorrow. 

“You should. You being there, will get me so energised.”

“That’s a very cliche line” -I muttered.

“If that makes you come… i don’t mind being cliche”

“Aigoo…. are you trying to be cheesy and romantic now? For someone who loves being artistic and individualistic, being cliche is not your forte.. neither it is in your dictionary” -I teased.

“Only for you” -he said, and pinched the bridge of my nose. “Will i get an answer tomorrow?” -He leaned in closer until our nose were touching.

“W-what are you doing?”- I stuttered at the sudden close contact.

“Seducing you” -He answered, as if it isn’t obvious enough. 

tumblr_n29b5mQyON1rhdzaoo1_500.gif

Originally posted by porimu

“Take courage” -He said again when i didn’t reply. “Take courage with me. Take that leap of faith. I know i’ve disappointed you twice and you are never the one who usually gives second chances, but you did. And i don’t want us to end just like this. Believe me for the last time, i’ll treasure you. I’ve always treasure you, i guess, i just didn’t know how to show it. It gets overwhelming and sometimes i don’t think i deserve this happiness but let me show you again, let me show you, instead of telling you like this” 

I pondered over it for a second. Although i already made up my mind and know my answer, but…..

“I’ll let you know my answer tomorrow” 

******

To be continued…