First Place

A Series of Unexpected Event
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji X EXO Sehun

 

If there is one person that Youngji hate so much in this school, it is probably Oh Sehun, the number one student in the school which effortlessly taken the title from Youngji. He was transferred to the school at second semester last year and the guy is surprisingly tall, handsome, have a good singing voice, a good dancer, not much a smiler but is popular. He has that Angel image in front of the teacher, a winner of the beauty contest and got a Prince title from the competition the school had last autumn. The perfect and delicate prince which probably will be her favorite if only he doesn't have that cocky and annoying smile every time they saw each other in front of the information board when they announce the test result. How could a transfer student steal the first rank easily when Youngji need to forget her social life and being a nerd just to get it? And now her place was stolen easily. He can't like Oh Sehun. He needs to hate Him. Not that like it was hard to do. The guy sometimes mocked her and laughed at her style or sometimes, his friends, which also popular put some pranks to her which she believed it was his idea. He would see Sehun laughed when he and his friends saw her skirt got dirty by some paint or something fall on her head when she walks into the classroom. Sometimes they would put a lot of glue on her chair so she can't stand up entire day and need to bring along her chair. Though they never really talk to each other, Youngji successfully hates him and gives some motivation for her to be the first-rank student again.


 

But it wasn't enough.


 

She still in the second rank. She hates it a lot to the point she hates herself more than she hates Oh Sehun. Second place isn't bad actually but she's just too stubborn to give up and stop hating Oh Sehun.

Youngji feels her teacher betrayed her. Mrs. Jang is her favorite English teacher. They're so close to the point she will tell her everything and now she put Youngji and Sehun together for a summer project, the project they need to do during summer holiday and it means they will spend the two weeks summer holiday together.

 

“Why did we choose the how to be a tourist in your town? It's too hot outside.” The girl keeps fanning herself with a pamphlet she got from a sales girl before. She's kinda regret to not bring any hat or whatever to protect her. “Movie review would be better.” she mumbles as they finally settled in a cafe around.

“You talk a lot, huh? I think I never heard you talk this much.” Youngji sighs since it was true. She rarely talk to other people in school unless it's necessary. She doesn't really like to be the center of attention yet the endless prank Sehun and friend put on her makes her the center of attention. Even today when she simply sit across the boy. She could feel all gaze on them all the time. Youngji would blame Sehun for that since he looks really good with black frame glasses hanging on his sharp nose. The boy only use skinny jeans with a white t-shirt covered by a flannel shirt yet he looks like the guy who popped out from the fashion magazine. Youngji sighed as she looked at menu book and choose strawberry shortcake and vanilla milkshake. The waitress won't stop flirting with Sehun and she feels like a stray puppy he just picked up. Youngji looked outside the cafe after she finished mentioning her order while the the waitress still flirting with Sehun. Smooth talker, she thought.

The wind surprisingly shooting, which makes her a bit sleepy before she felt a tap on her back hand. Time to go back to reality.

“We're here to do our project, don't you think so?”

“Yeah, I’m waiting for you to finish flirting with the waitress.” said Youngji as she took her notebook and pen. She heard the later chuckles.

“Jealous?”

“Not even your wildest dream.” she said as she scribbled down. Soon their order was arrived which makes Youngji smile happily. She loves food so much.

“Oh, your shortcake looks good.” Youngji look at her cake and Oh Sehun back and forth.

“It is. Want to try?” Youngji swears she never see Sehun’s eyes shines so brightly. She let Sehun got a taste from her plate before smiling brightly because it really did taste good. Youngji was taken aback when Sehun shoved a spoon of his cheesecake to Youngji’s mouth but it's delicious so she's good with that. And they surprisingly get along.

“Are you seeing well? How could you forget your glasses when you usually wore one? Let me wrote it.” Youngji knows she looks like stupid. She always use her glasses wherever she read or write something yet she forget to bring it along. “I know a place we should visit. Let's go.” Sehun stood up and walks, leaving Youngji dumbfounded.

They visit an optical shops to get Youngji some contact lens. It's hard to use it. The lens feels sting on Youngji’s eyes before she get used to it.

“It suits you well. Pretty.” say Sehun as he paid for her. Youngji looked at her reflection once again and her eyes looks really big. Maybe contact lens wasn't bad at all.

 

Choosing the tourist thing topic means Youngji and Sehun can't only visit the common tourism place. They decide to explore the city thoroughly and found some interesting place to visit. They found a small old bookshop which doing their business since 30 years ago, antics shop, or a small old coffee shop. They also went to a restaurant which located in a basement of a big old building and a bar where old people playing billiards. They go to many interesting place almost everyday for one week. Thinking they had enough with the place, Youngji and Sehun decided to do some paperwork on Sunday in Sehun’s place since Youngji’s place isn't affordable that day because her cousin was coming over. They arrange the pictures and the description before typing some review about the places they visit. Bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter