Seventeen

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi is watching Robocar Poli with Taeoh on her phone when Jongin knocks on her side window.

“Wait a moment, Taeoh-ya.” When the toddler is too absorbed in watching, Seulgi slips away and closes the car door behind her.

“Did you finished talking to your mom?” Jongin looks so tense and to be honest, it terrifies her.

“I did. Mom wants to meet Taeoh.”

Both of them glance on the unsuspecting toddler whom is happily watching Youtube.

“Are you sure it’s safe, Jongin-ah? I don’t want her to hurt him.” Seulgi whispers.

“Hey, look at me,” Jongin grabs her hand and lifts her chin, before setting a kiss on her forehead, “I promise, I will make sure that she will not harm either you or Taeoh.”

--

The Kim’s house is still as magnificent as she remembers. Big, extravagant, and cold. Especially when Seulgi remembers what happened to her in that house.

“Are you sure it is Jongin’s child?” Seulgi felt the chill down to her spine hearing Mrs. Kim’s sneer. Then without sparing any glance, Mrs. Kim threw a stack of money in front of her.

“Abort it. And get out from my house, I don’t want to see you in my house ever again.”

And yet right now, she is back with Taeoh in tow. The toddler is comfortable in Jongin’s embrace and seeing them makes her smile a little bit. Jongin notices Seulgi’s glance and gives her a small smile in return.

Seulgi doesn’t regret her decision a bit to raise Taeoh.

“Are you ready?” Jongin asks when they arrives in front of the living room. And she has no hesitation when she nods.

Everyone is silent when they enter the living room. Seulgi can see Joohyun and Junmyeon are sitting across Mrs. Kim, tense atmosphere is suffocating but Seulgi knows there is no way she can back out from this. Not when she has decided that she wants to try again with Jongin.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kim.” Although she knows that Mrs. Kim might not want to hear her, but her parents raise her to be a polite daughter, so be damned for what Mrs. Kim thinks, she greets her.

“Taeoh-ya, greet Mrs. Kim.” She tugs on Taeoh and Jongin sets him down, eyes warily watching for Mrs. Kim’s reaction.

“Good morning, um… Mrs. Kim?” Taeoh bows but then looks up to his parents, unsure what to call the older lady.

“Mother.” Jongin greets, not bothering to bow, “Meet Seulgi and Taeoh.”

Mrs. Kim doesn’t say anything but to look at Taeoh intently so that Seulgi wants to hide him from her, from whatever bad intention she might have towards her son. But Jongin gives her a reassuring smile and she knows, whatever plan his mother have towards them, she would always have Jongin’s back.

“Come, child.” Mrs. Kim’s soft voice makes Jongin stands a bit taller, Junmyeon tenses and Joohyun eyes them warily when Taeoh makes his steps towards Mrs. Kim. Seulgi wants to run after him but Jongin holds her back.

“What are you doing?” She snaps.

“Mother won’t do anything to harm Taeoh.” Jongin says, assuring.

“Why do you think so?”

“Because she uses the voice that we use to hear when we were a child.” Jongin glances at his older brother who is nodded in agreement.

“What is your name?”

“Kang Taeoh.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter