Thirteen

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you give me some time, Jongin? Everything goes by too fast; I can’t wrap my head on it. And, I want to have a talk with Soojung.”

Jongin’s eyebrow shot high, “Soojung? I don’t think it’s a good idea to talk to her right now.”

“I know that she is probably hates me. But if we are going to try once more, I want to do it right.”

Jongin takes a sharp breath. Seeing the determination in Seulgi’s eyes, he knows nothing he could do to make her change her mind.

“Alright.” He says, tightening his embrace. “But let me know if something happens, will you?”

“I will.”

Jongin leaves her that night with a soft kiss on her forehead with promise that he will come again tomorrow.

Truthfully, Seulgi is afraid. Whenever she feels this happy, something would have gone wrong and she doesn’t think she would be able to lose Jongin twice. Seulgi just hopes that her meeting with Soojung tomorrow would be alright.

---

Soojung doesn’t realize that she has been spending the day sleeping and watching television. The usual variety programs that don’t even make her smile anymore. Apparently Yoo Jaesuk has lost his touch, she snorts to herself.

She tries so hard to forget about Kyungsoo and focusing on herself. She is barely out of relationship, the scar is still there and the pain of breakup is still fresh on her mind and yet she catches herself thinking about her colleague.

There is nothing special with Do Kyungsoo. Unlike Jongin with his brooding persona and handsome face, Kyungsoo is just Kyungsoo. The squishy, kind hearted Do Kyungsoo. He is not as tall as her ex boyfriend but he can make Soojung feel secured and protected even with his small gestures. And his smile never fails to make her feels warm inside.

Soojung ends up rolling out of her bed after thinking about Kyungsoo for umpteenth time for the day. It’s enough, she told herself and gets ready to walk out from her apartment, to get some air or find something to eat.

She is tying her shoe laces in front of her apartment door when she hears some rustlings on the other side of the door. Her instinct takes over, what if it’s a burglar or worse, killer? She holds her breath as she leans closer to look at the peephole.

Do Kyungsoo is standing in front of her door, with bags on his hand.

Soojung waits for him to take some action. He is gnawing his bottom lips nervously and Soojung is overwhelmed with the urge to stop him and kiss him instead. For several times, he lifts his hand to knock on her apartment door and stops himself.

Soojung can’t wait any longer. She has been watching him for the past five minutes and he is not doing anything. She takes a deep breath to calm herself and opens the door wide.

“Oh?” She acts like she hasn’t been watching him all this time. “What are you doing here?”

“I brought you some food. I thought you must be hungry. It’s ou- your usual diner time.” He corrects himself.

“Okay.”

“That’s all. I’m going. Bye.” He gives her a small wave before turning his heels to run away from Soojung’s piercing eyes.

She knows she needs to say something, at least says thank you for his thoughtfulness. But before she is able to say something else, Kyungsoo turns

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter