Nine

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warnings : angsty chapter ahead

Jongin takes a deep breath to calm himself down before knocking the door and looks down at the shopping bag he has brought with him. What if Taeoh doesn’t like this? But after a few minutes without someone opening the door, he braves himself to open it.

Taeoh is lying on the bed and staring at him without blinking and he breaks into a toothy smile when he saw Jongin.

“Jongin ahjusshi.”

“Hi, Taeoh.” Jongin couldn’t help but to grin at the toddler, heart warmed when he sees him smiling and Jongin sits down on the chair next to Taeoh’s bed, ruffling the toddler’s hair fondly. “Look what I have for you.”

“Teddy bear!” Taeoh smiles even wider when he sees the big teddy bear doll, his chubby fingers grasping at the doll and hugs it tighter. The teddy bear is even bigger than Taeoh, it looks like he is being hugged by the teddy instead.

“Thank you, ahjusshi.” As if he remembers what his mom always tells him when he receives something, Taeoh bows his head slightly at Jongin.

“Do you like it?”

Taeoh nods enthusiastically, “Mr. Teddy is my best friend now.”

“I have other things for you too.” Jongin picks the shopping bag and shakes it, noticing how Taeoh’s eyes light up at the sight of presents. Both of them then spend their time looking at the things that Jongin bought for Taeoh.

“Taeoh-ya, where is your mom?”

“Umma is working at Qian imonim place. Umma bakes delicious cakes. Umma can go home when the long needle is on number 5.” Taeoh explains, giving Jongin a five sign and pointing to a wall clock at the same time.

The fact that Seulgi and Taeoh have to suffer in hardship makes Jongin’s heart ache. He feels like he is a bad father even though he just knew that he had a son and Jongin is determined to be the part of Taeoh’s life even if Seulgi doesn’t want him.
---
Seulgi feels really blessed. Her boss is kind enough to let her have some days off to take care of Taeoh even Song Qian offers her help but of course, Seulgi has received too many kindness from her, so she refuses it. But Qian still lends her some money for Taeoh’s hospital bills and Seulgi is eternally grateful for Song Qian’s understanding.

But she is really taken aback when the nurse informed that Taeoh’s bills have been taken care of by his father.

“The tall handsome man came earlier to settle all the payment.”

She knew it, Jongin must have done something behind her. Jongin doesn’t have an obligation nor a right to take care of Taeoh. He is her son and Jongin doesn’t have anything to do with Taeoh.

Seulgi is about to enter Taeoh’s room when she sees him reading Taeoh a story book and Seulgi finds herself not having enough heart to break the atmosphere. Taeoh seems to like Jongin so much, asking him questions and Jongin, she takes a deep breath, he looks so happy. Like Jongin in her memory before they were separated by fate.

Seulgi doesn’t ask something big for her to be happy, only one thing, a complete family. And now with Jongin present, she knows that the glimpse of hope arises in her heart for having a complete family, with her, Jongin and Taeoh.

But what about Soojung?

“Umma!” Taeoh’s cheerful voice startles her and she finds Jongin moves back slightly as if he knows that she is mad. He has some decency to move and gives back her seat beside Taeoh’s bed which she quickly claims.

Seulgi leans down and kiss Taeoh’s cheek lovingly. “How’s my boy today? Are you feeling better, Taeoh?”

The boy grins and nods, “Jongin ahjusshi is here to play with Taeoh so Taeoh is not lonely.” The twinkle in his eyes gives Seulgi an indication that Jongin has done a great job. “Jongin ahjusshi is really nice. He gives me Mr. Teddy and many books.”

Seulgi gives him a tight smile, “Have you thanked him, Taeoh?”

“I have.”

Seulgi knows that Jongin is looking at her intently, she could literally feel him staring at the back of her head and she knows that they need to talk.

“Then, Taeoh-ya, Umma needs to talk to Jongin ahjusshi first.”
---
Jongin half expects that Seulgi would lead him to the hospital canteen like before but the moment she shut the door behind her, she turns to him with anger apparent on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter