Six

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin has thought various scenarios of their first meeting. They met in a bookstore, picking the same novel from their favorite author, both visiting the same coffeeshop, or bumping into each other in MRT. But Jongin never thought that they will meet in a hospital with Soojung in his arms. And it seems that both of the women know each other seeing Soojung rushes into Seulgi the moment she sees her.

“I’m so sorry, Seulgi-yah. I didn’t know that Taeoh is allergic to seafood.”

There are many things going on Jongin’s mind and the new name popping is not helping at all. Who is Taeoh? And why does he has the same allergy reaction with him?

Seulgi is frozen on Soojung’s arms when their gazes meet. It’s been years since the last time she saw him. How could she forget their last meeting when it was the time Taeoh was conceived? She could see that he is looking at her questioning and she realizes, he must be curious about Taeoh. Jongin can’t know about Taeoh.

“Seulgi?” Soojung softly asks her, trying to read her face. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, of course.” Seulgi replies, a bit too fast. “Where is him?”

“In that room.”

Soojung is about to enter the room with Seulgi when Seulgi stops her.

“Soojung-ah, just go home. It’s fine, I’m here already. Beside,” she glances at Jongin who is standing still behind Soojung, “there is someone that is waiting for you.”

She doesn’t wait for Soojung to reply, hurriedly closing the door behind her, ignoring the questioning look that Kyungsoo sends to her.

“Just don’t say anything.” She mentions and Kyungsoo nods, even though he doesn’t really know what she meant.

But he knows that it is better for him to stay quiet.

---

Soojung asks Jongin to drive her off to her apartment; appetite is long gone after the scary incident that she witnessed earlier. All she wants to do is to curl on her bed, crying even though she knows how many tears she has shed for today. She glances at Jongin who is driving beside her, he is eerily quiet today. Not that he is talkative usually but today something seems off but Soojung can’t point what it is exactly.

“That woman,” Jongin suddenly asks, breaking the silence between them. “Who is she?”

“You mean Seulgi?”

Soojung isn’t blind to see the way Jongin flinches when she says Seulgi’s name.

“Yeah, Seulgi.” Jongin gulps, the name is still painful to utter from his mouth.

“She is Taeoh’s mother and Taeoh is my student.” Soojung explains.

“The one who had allergy attack this afternoon?”

“Yeah.”

Jongin is acting strange, especially when she mentions about Seulgi and Taeoh. But Soojung doesn’t have energy anymore to think over. She needs some rest and her bed is all she needs right now.

“Do you want to come in?” She asks when Jongin drops her off in front of her apartment building, part of her hoping that Jongin would say yes. God knows how much she wants to be embraced tonight.

“I can’t.” Jongin stutters, diverting his eyes from hers, “There is something I need to do.”

Soojung should know better than to ask so she nods, “Alright, take care, Jongin.”

---

Jongin is sighing for the umpteenth time, running his fingers through his hair, frustrated. The person that he has been searching for all these years shows up in front of him when he has promised himself not to think about her anymore.

And to make things more complicated, apparently Kang Seulgi has a child. Jongin massages his temple tiredly, all these things make his head throbs painfully. Is she married now? Who is Taeoh’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter