Seven

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeoh-ya, get some rest. Umma will talk with Jongin ahjusshi outside.” Seulgi calmly says to the toddler. Taeoh blinks his eyes cutely and yawns, it’s still too early to wake up.

“Okay, Umma.” He mumbles, “Bye ahjusshi.” He waves to Jongin whom struggles to reply the greeting, overcome with heavy emotion.

Seulgi motions him to go outside and Jongin follows her, leaving some space between them as Seulgi leads him to the hospital canteen.

“Take a seat; I will grab some coffee for you.”

She doesn’t even look at him, walking straight ahead with her head held up high. And Jongin, being helpless in front of Seulgi, grabbing the nearest chair and trying to calm his nerves. Every fibre of his being is screaming at him to haul Seulgi into his arms. God knows how much he wants to hug her petite form, kissing away the tears and sorrow.

“Here. And some sandwich too since I know you must probably haven’t had breakfast.” Seulgi says, pushing a cup of steaming black coffee to his face. She still remembers how he likes to take his coffee, black with a little bit of sugar. Maybe because she always teased his tanned skin because of his liking towards black coffee.“You don’t have to eat it if you had eaten already.” She adds, still not meeting his eyes.

She looks older, not in a good way. She has matured but her eyes show that she has been through many difficulties in life when he wasn’t beside her.

“Seulgi.”

Her heart clenches in pain as he utters her name fondly, it makes her realize how much she misses having Jongin around.

“Taeoh is my son, right?” Jongin asks, eyes piercing to Seulgi’s form who sitting frozen at her seat, determined to find out the truth from Seulgi.

She is about to open , when Jongin cuts her off. “Don’t even try to lie to me, Seulgi-yah.” He says coldly, makes Seulgi flinches at his tone, “I know it. He looks too much like me. And the allergy, he inherits that from me.”

Seulgi stares at him impassively, the blank look that he hates so much since that means that she is hiding something from him.

“Then, what would you do if Taeoh is your son?”

Jongin is stunned, not knowing what to say. What would he do if Taeoh is indeed his son? What should he do?

Seulgi laughs bitterly at the confused Jongin. What does she expect from Jongin? Ask her to marry him and become a family with Taeoh? Don’t joke around.

She thought as the years passed between them, he would have matured to become a fine man. Yes, in term of physical looks but he is not mature enough mentally. She waits for him as he runs his fingers, speechless at the sudden revelation. She doesn’t fault him of course.

What would you feel if you met with your ex girlfriend and she told you that there was a boy as a result from your past relationship?

Minutes passed without anyone talking and Seulgi has had enough. The confused look from Jongin is already a sign that he doesn’t want to do anything with Taeoh.

“You know what; you are just wasting my time.” She sighs, stands up from her chair, leaving Jongin who is looking at her in shock.

“Jongin, stay away from my family. And I will stay away from you.” She turns to her heels, “I wish you all the best with Soojung.”

“Don’t try to make me guilty for this, Kang Seulgi!” Jongin lunges forward, grabbing Seulgi by the wrist and he notices that she is trying so hard not to cry in front of him. “I don’t even know that we have a child.”

“Now that you know, what would you do, Kim Jongin?”

Jongin’s grip on her wrist loosened and she wrenches it away, trying desperately to get away from Jongin.

“Give me some time to think, Seulgi-yah.”

His broken tone makes it all harder for her to hold back her tears, Seulgi bites her lips to stop herself from bawling her eyes of in front of him. Kim Jongin doesn’t worth of her tears.

“Jongin-ah.” She says with much difficuly, it’s more like a sob rather than an actual word but Jongin knows, he understands.

“Our story is long gone. I forgive you and thank you for giving me Taeoh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter