Eight

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon is doing his daily routine, reading the newspaper and having his morning coffee when his handphone vibrates.

“Jongin?”

“Hyung.” He notices that Jongin’s voice shakes, before the younger chokes on the phone.

“What’s wrong?” Junmyeon asks, concerned. The newspaper on his hand forgotten. On the corner of his eyes, he could see his wife is glancing at him with concern.

“Hyung, I met Seulgi.” Jongin stutters, partly muffled by sobs.

Junmyeon might not know the woman personally, he had met her once or twice during Jongin’s high school graduation and she also sent Jongin off in the airport. But he knows that Jongin loves this girl so much, he was broken when the girl left him and now she comes back to his life when Jongin has already got Soojung. Junmyeon massages his temple tiredly, it’s so complicated.

“Hyung, we have child together.”

Junmyeon couldn’t believe his own ears when Jongin said it, jaw hanging open. Joohyun rushes to his side when it happens, fusing over him.

“What?”

“Hyung, what should I do?” Jongin asks and truthfully, Junmyeon doesn’t have the answer. Heck, he wouldn’t know what to do if his ex girlfriend came and said that she was pregnant with his child.

“Are you sure it is your child? She could be pregnant with another man and-”

“No, hyung. Taeoh is my son. I knew it. He even has the same condition as me.”

Junmyeon takes a deep breath, not knowing what to say. It is much more complicated that he previously thought.

“Hyung, what should I do?”

“Take a deep breath, Jongin-ah. And don’t rush it, we need to talk about it soon. And don’t tell Soojung anything yet. We don’t know if it is true.”

Jongin stays silent before sighing to the phone, “Okay, hyung. Take care.”

“Is there something wrong with Jongin?” Joohyun asks.

“Apparently he got his ex-girlfriend pregnant and they have a child.” Junmyeon massages his temple. It is still early but suddenly he feels so drained.

Joohyun sits in front of him, silently gnawing her lower lips, looking at him in concern.

“Is it Seulgi?” She asks softly.

“Yes, they met in- How do you know?” Junmyeon is positive he didn’t mention her name and they don’t know each other. But apparently Joohyun knows something he didn’t. The one that she hides from him.

“Joohyunnie,” He says, “how do you know Seulgi?”

His wife takes a deep breath, “I met her four years ago.”

“Where?”

“At your home.” She gulps nervously, “with your mom.”

---

Jongin sits silently in the hospital canteen. Seulgi is long gone and he doesn’t try to stop her because he doesn’t know what to do.

She has moved on and clearly, he has to. But he doesn’t know if he is able to move on, to continue his relationship with Soojung like nothing happened when he knew that he has a son.

Taeoh, the boy who takes after him, Jongin couldn’t help the smile blooms on his lips whenever he thinks about the toddler.

Jongin maybe doesn’t know what should he do with Seulgi or Soojung but he knows he wants Taeoh to know that he is his father.

And he would do whatever it takes to make Taeoh calls him appa.

---

Everything is getting better for Seulgi. Taeoh is growing up healthily and she was recently promoted as a manager in the cafe.

But why when everything was going so smoothly, Jongin appears and ruins it all?

“Umma?” Taeoh’s voice makes Seulgi looks up and finds him looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter