One

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Congratulations! Finally one of two famous playboys in our campus settles down!” Chanyeol cheers, raising his glass high for everyone to join him in toast.

“Who do you call playboy?” Jongin grunts, rolling his eyes. Chanyeol is more fitting to be called playboy than him. Being best friend with the number one playboy doesn’t mean that he is also a playboy. Soojung chuckles beside him, rubbing his chest as if to calm him down and it works, Jongin flashes his girlfriend a grateful smile.

“It’s all in the past, okay.” Sehun grins, pulling his soon to be wife tightly into his embrace, making Sooyoung blushes under the snickers. “Now, I have Sooyoungie.” He grimaces when Sooyoung pinches his thigh to shut him up. But of course, despite the grimace that he wears, Jongin knows that Sehun is really happy having Sooyoung as his wife.

“Congrats, man!” He pats Sehun’s shoulder and the said man grins at him. It’s like time flies between them. He knows Sehun since both of them were still in junior high and they grew together despite of the difference in personalities.

Sehun is livelier despite of his cold facade while Jongin is a shy and socially awkward person. That’s why he is stuck with Sehun as his best friend, since the younger of the two approached him first. And since then, both of them know every detail of each other’s life.

“Congratulations, Sehunie, Sooyoungie.” Soojung threads her fingers through the space of Jongin’s, smiling widely at the couple. “Ah, I envy you guys.” She sighs.

“Then ask Jongin oppa to marry you, unnie.” Sooyoung grins at Jongin, completely unaware of the clenched jaw but Sehun notices it.

“Should I?” Soojung asks playfully, rolling her eyes to meet Jongin who is completely silent beside her. “Jonginnie, do you hear Sooyoung? I’m waiting.” Jongin replies her with a tight smile that doesn’t reach his eyes.

“Jongin oppa, Soojung unnie is not getting any younger. You should-”

“Okay, girls. I need some time with Jongin.” Sehun cuts off, making Sooyoung pouts cutely at him. Sure he doesn’t want to be rude to his fiancée but Jongin needs help before the two girls pushing a marriage idea into him. He motions Jongin to follow him at the terrace which Jongin happily agrees, grabbing a pack of cigarettes lying on the table, before shutting the terrace’s glass door firmly behind him.

“Thanks, man. You know I need it.” Jongin sighs, pulling a cigarette and smiles at Sehun tiredly.

“Sorry about Sooyoung.” Sehun starts the conversation because he knows Jongin well.

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m used to it.”

Both of them enjoying the cigarettes, gazing at the night sky above them.

“My mom has been pushing me to marry Soojung lately. She wants me to give her grandchildren soon since Joonmyeon hyung and Joohyun noona have difficulties of having children.” Jongin sighs tiredly. “Besides, Sooyoung is right. Both of us are in marriage age, so why wait?”

Sehun pats his shoulder in sympathy, “But, if you don’t want to get married soon, then don’t.”

“I thought the groom to be should be beaming with happiness over marriage news?” Jongin tries to lighten the mood but Sehun is serious tonight.

“I am happy of getting married but it’s because I want to get married and I want to get married to Sooyoung.” Sehun says, “But, Jongin, if you don’t want to get married, moreover getting married to Soojung, then don’t. Unless, you want to make both of your lives miserable.”

Jongin goes silent for a while, the cigarette is forgotten in between his fingers and Sehun knows that he hits the right spot. It has been bothering Jongin for a while.

“I don’t know, man. I...” Jongin takes a deep breath. “Do you think I’m a bit selfish for wanting to wait?”

“Wanting to wait for what?”

Even without Jongin says the name, he knows. Sehun knows about this but he thought Jongin has moved on but apparently he hasn’t, judging from his expression.

“Waiting for her?”

Sehun knows better not to mention the name to his best friend. He had been there when Jongin broke down when Kang Seulgi first broke up with him. He was there when Jongin drove to the girl’s house when they were back to Seoul, one week after she broke up with him, only to find out that Seulgi had moved and no one knows about her. He was there when Jongin tried desperately to find Seulgi with no avail. And yet, even after four years since they broke up, Jongin never forgets about her.

“Do you think I’m stupid, Sehun? Still pining on someone whom I can’t even see?”

“When you have Soojung already, then yes. But I don’t judge you, man. It’s just... It’s better to forget about Seulgi. Don’t you think it will hurt Soojung if she knows that you are still in love with Seulgi?” He ignores the way anger flashes in Jongin’s eyes when he mentions Seulgi but Jongin must know.

“Think about it, Jongin-ah. I just want the best for you.”

---

“Don’t you think I’m crossing the line, Sooyoungie?” Soojung glances worriedly at Jongin’s back. Both of the male are still discussing something outside.

“No unnie. I think it’s only right for you to have explanation from him. Both of you have been dating for three years, it’s natural if you want to get married. If he doesn’t want to, then move on. Don’t waste time on someone who is not serious about you.” Sooyoung explains.

“Sometimes, I think Jongin doesn’t love me.” Eyes vacant, staring at Jongin’s back and judging from Sehun’s expression, Sooyoung knows that both of them are discussing something important. Hopefully, Sehun is able to persuade Jongin into marrying Soojung.

“Don’t think too much, Unnie. I’m sure he loves you. He never cheats on you nor doing something bad to you, does he?”

“No.” Soojung shakes her head weakly.

“Then, he loves you.” Sooyoung says firmly. “He may not as expressive as Sehun but everyone has their own way to express their love, right?”

Soojung nods, trying to agree on what Sooyoung has said but somehow, she doesn’t truly believe it. What if Jongin doesn’t love her? Can she let him go?

“Who wants to play poker? I brought some cards!” Baekhyun calls over from the coffee table where some of their friends have gathered.

“Let’s go, unnie!” Sooyoung grabs her wrist and drags her to join the crowd.

You think too much, Soojung-ah. Soojung smiles but she can’t lie even to herself. It feels forced.

---

“We have arrived.”

Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter