Ten

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning : angst, unedited chapter, long messy writing

“Umma, is Jongin ahjusshi going to come?” Taeoh asks her when she is feeding him breakfast and Seulgi stops abruptly and sighs.

“Taeoh-ya, do you like Jongin ahjusshi?”

“Ung, I like Jongin ahjusshi.” Taeoh grins despite of Seulgi’s darkened face.

Blood is clearly thicker than water; when Taeoh doesn’t even know his father, somehow he recognizes it in Jongin.

“Umma, why? You don’t like Jongin ahjusshi?”

He is being too perceptive for a three years old and Seulgi knows that it is the time for her to tell Taeoh to keep a distance with Jongin. She knows that Jongin wouldn’t harm him but can’t help but feel threatened by his words yesterday. What if he takes Taeoh away from her? She can’t live without Taeoh, it’s better for her to die rather than being separated with her son.

Seulgi doesn’t even realize that she has been crying until Taeoh’s rubs the tears away with his small hands. She has always been strong and yet she has shed too many tears during this week alone because of Jongin.

“If Umma don’t like Jongin ahjusshi then Taeoh also don’t like him.”

---

Jongin is rendered speechless by Joohyun’s confession. He was excited this morning when he received a call from Junmyeon that they were in Jeju. Jongin thought that they would help him but the fact that Joohyun knew about Seulgi all along makes him feel betrayed.

“You must understand that there is nothing that Joohyun could do to safe Seulgi and your baby at that time.” Junmyeon adds, seeing his brother’s darkened face. Joohyun is already sobbing beside him.

“I’m sorry, Jongin-ah. I-”                                                                                                                                  

“Still,” Jongin replies with a rather clipped voice, “you could tell me, Noona. ”

“Then what would you do, Kim Jongin?” Junmyeon replies, “Even if you had known that time that Seulgi was pregnant, there was nothing you can do. You could have dropped out from college and married her, but it won’t make your life any better. You wouldn’t get a job without a degree and couldn’t provide for your family.”

Junmyeon watches in silence as Jongin sighs tiredly. He is his dear brother but still he won’t allow him to talk down of his wife, Junmyeon tightens his grip on Joohyun’s to reassure her.

“Then, Noona.” Jongin says through gritted teeth, “Is there anything that I need to know?”

Joohyun shakes her head wildly, “No, Jongin. I have told you everything. I was only able to communicate with Seulgi for the first few months then we lost contact. She changed her phone number.” Joohyun mumbles sadly.

“Have you met him?” Junmyeon suddenly asks.

“Who?”

“Your son.” It’s strange to hear that Taeoh is indeed his son from someone else but Jongin couldn’t help the swell of pride bubbling inside his heart talking about him.

“Yeah, I have.”

“How is he? Do you think we can meet him?” Joohyun asks, eyes shining with possibility of meeting her nephew.

Jongin is silent for a while, Seulgi may be working now and he wants to see Taeoh too.

“Okay, let’s go, Noona.”

---

“Jongin ahjusshi!”

As if he has been expecting Jongin, Taeoh greets the new comers with happy smile and Jongin is not better. He almost runs into Taeoh’s side and engulfs him in a hug, leaving Junmyeon and Joohyun stunned in front of the door.

Junmyeon knows that the boy in front of him is his brother’s son but he doesn’t expect them to be this similar. Even with their smile, Junmyeon feels like he has been looking at Jongin’s younger version. Joohyun sobs silently beside him, partly relieved that she had made a great choice to help Seulgi four years ago and somehow, looking at Taeoh now made her grateful and relieved her from some of her mental burden for burying this fact for a long time.

“Are you feeling well, Taeoh?”

“Ung! The doctor said that I don’t need the shot anymore and I can go home soon.”

“Ah really?”

Both of them are immersed in conversation with each other, unaware that their whole interactions are watched by the couple’s eyes.

“They bonded really quickly.” Junmyeon comments.

“Maybe he knows by heart that Jongin is his father.” Joohyun adds, dabs away the tears streaming on her cheeks.

“Who are you?” Taeoh seems to realize that there are strangers in his room, looking at the couple with curious eyes. Jongin follows his line of sight and realizes that he has been ignoring his brother.

“Oh, let me introduce you, Taeoh-ah. This is my older brother, Junmyeon hyung.”

“Hi, Taeoh.” Junmyeon grins at the toddler and waves to him.

“Junmyeon hyung?” Taeoh repeats with his cute voice, making Joohyun squeals beside him, whispering he is so cute to Jongin who is wearing a proud smile.

“You can call him Junmyeon ahjusshi. And beside him is his wife-”

“You can call me Joohyun imo, Taeoh-ya.”

Joohyun moves closer to Taeoh, the baby that she was trying to save has grown up this big and Joohyun couldn’t help but to shed tears. To her surprise, small hands help her to erase the tears then Taeoh starts to pat her head.

“Don’t cry, Imonim.”

---

Seulgi comes back from visiting Song Qian. The older woman was surprised to see Seulgi in the cafe since she has given her few days off. But Seulgi needs someone to talk and Song Qian is the right one to talk to. She has known her for years, she knows her struggles, Seulgi trusts her even about Taeoh.

“You can deny it all you want but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter