Eleven

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you going to be okay, Soojung-ah? I will walk you off to your apartment.” Jongin offers for the nth time. Soojung is uncharacteristically quiet today but he couldn’t fault her, it is his fault for making her sad.

She shakes her head weakly then unfastens her belt. “It’s okay. I’m going to walk from here. It’s pretty near too.”

“But what if something happens to you?”

Soojung snorts and gives him a disbelief stare, “Isn’t it too late for you to start caring for me?” She lets out a bitter chuckle, making Jongin’s heart aches with her abrupt confession. He knows he doesn’t deserve her love anyway. She deserves someone who will love her more than him.

“Anyway,” Soojung interrupts his thoughts, “thank you for all things during these years. I treasure them a lot. I’m going now.”

Jongin still doesn’t have a heart to let her walk to her apartment, he is about to unfasten his belt and Soojung catches him.

“I need sometime alone to clear my mind.” She says, stopping him. “And please, don’t make it even harder for me to let you go.”

Jongin doesn’t know what to say and Soojung leaves without saying another word.

---

“The number you have dialed is not available. Please try again later.”

Kyungsoo sighs as he slumps tiredly on his sofa. She has been trying to call Soojung for numerous time but she doesn’t pick up his calls. He understands it perfectly if she hates him now and doesn’t want to pick up his calls but somehow he feels restless about Soojung.

He tries to reassure himself that Soojung is okay and he is being paranoid about this but somehow he doesn’t seem to be able to shake Soojung off his mind. He has tried to cook, bathe even sleeping but he ends up tossing in his bed.

I’m just going to check if she is at home. He tries to assure himself as he walks to Soojung’s apartment. It’s a good thing she lives nearby and if he gets caught, he can make up some lies to cover it.

The chillness of the night seeps through his jacket. Autumn is almost end, Kyungsoo tightens his jacket to warm himself up when he catches a sight of a woman drinking alone in the soju stall near her apartment. There is no way Kyungsoo is going to miss it, he would have recognize that form everywhere.

Soojung is pretty wasted when he finds her, “Soojung-ah?”

She turns around to look at him and smiles sleepily at him, “Kyungsoo oppa, come here drink with me.” She pats the chair next to her and reaches out for another bottle of soju when Kyungsoo stops her.

“That’s enough, Soojung-ah. Let’s go home.”

“But I don’t want to go home.” She whines, pushing Kyungsoo away and drinks her glass in one gulp. “One bottle for me, ahjumma!”

Kyungsoo’s heart aches seeing her condition. It is partly his fault that she ends up like this. If only he didn’t tell her what happened then maybe-

Maybe she is still with Kim Jongin.

Kyungsoo wouldn’t deny that part of his intention telling Soojung is him being egoistic. He wants to have her for himself.

But if she ends up like this, broken hearted and miserable, then he prefers her when she was still with Jongin, cheerful and full of life.

He ends up dragging Soojung to her apartment. He is not strong enough to carry her bridal style and Soojung tries to push him everytime he is going to give her piggyback ride and they end up awkwardly walking next to each other, with him trying to sustain her when she leans into him or away from him too much.

After much difficulty, he makes it to her apar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter