Twelve

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the day Taeoh gets discharged from the hospital, Seulgi should have been happy but the memory of last night bothers her more than it should be.

“Umma?”

She is met by curious stare from Taeoh who is waiting for her to finish dressing him. Seulgi doesn’t realize that she has been spacing out lately.

“Hm?”

“We are going home, right? I don’t need to sleep in this room again, right?” Seulgi knows how the little boy loathes being in the hospital and he is so happy to be able to go home again, jumping here and there when the doctor brought him the news.

“Yes, Taeoh-ya. We are going home.”

The smile that she gets from her son is able to clear any thoughts clouding her mind. They are about to leave his room when she finds Jongin is standing in front of the door, watching them with amused smile. The smile that makes her heart fluttered years ago and it still has some impacts on her apparently, even after years goes by.

“Jongin ahjusshi!” Taeoh runs towards the man, hugging his legs tight. Jongin kneels down and scoops him into his arms, peppering kisses on Taeoh’s cheeks and making him all giggly with those kisses.

Seulgi knows she shouldn’t get her hopes high, it will only lead into disappointment. But she couldn’t help to feel the bubbling warmth inside her when she sees Jongin with their son. And the abrupt confession last night to calm her mind at all.

“Are you ready to go home?”

“Yes, ahjusshi!”

“Is your mom ready to go home?”

Seulgi finds herself being stared by those two men, suddenly feeling so cautious when both of them sharing secret smile.

“What?” She barks.

“Nothing. I will drive you home.” Jongin smiles at her and Seulgi knows she is doomed when she feels her heart skips a beat seeing his warm smile.

---

The drive with Taeoh is never quiet. The boy asks a lot of questions about the car, he even asks to sit on Jongin’s lap when he is driving. Of course, Seulgi doesn’t let him. So here they are, stopping by at an ice cream parlor to bribe the sulking Taeoh. The boy doesn’t need a lot of coaxing, just a big bowl of vanilla ice cream is enough to make him smile again.

“How are you?” Jongin first breaks the silence when Taeoh leaves them to play with other children on the playground.

“I’m good.” She replies.

“Don’t you think it feels like our first date?” Jongin suddenly says after few minutes of silence between them. “We had ice cream date that time, right?”

Of course Seulgi remembers that day. Jongin stuttered while asking her out and she readily accepted him. It was the first day he sent her home and they stopped for a while in front of an ice cream cart.

“Yeah and it rained hard that day. We went home drenched.” Seulgi smiles, recalling the memory fondly. “It was your fault for wanting to eat ice cream during autumn.” She jokes.

“I need something to calm me down. My heart beat really fast when I gave yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter