Four

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongin!”

Jongin doesn’t even get to see Soojung, she literally runs into his arms, circling his waist and pushing her face towards his chest. “I miss you.” Her words are muffled but he knows that she is sincere and somehow he feels bad for not loving her the way she loves him.

“I miss you too, Soojung-ah.” He says and she beams at him, eyes crinkles with happiness.

“Have you had lunch, Jongin-ah? Let’s eat together! There is a good restaurant near my apartment, and you’d love the-”

“Soojung-ah.”

“Yes?” Soojung looks at him expectantly.

“I’d love to, but-” Soojung knows, there is always but, “I need to go to the office as soon as possible after I drop my things in my apartment.”

He gives her the sad smile and she bites back the disappointment, she understands of course. He is here to work.

“Yeah, sure.”

Both of them stay silent throughout the ride to Jongin’s apartment. It’s not what Soojung had imagined for their first meeting. She knows that she should be grateful that Jongin is now here but does she not allowed to dream more romance?

“Are you okay?” He asks her, concerned and she feels bad for making him worry about her.

“Nah it’s okay. I need to prepare for tomorrow’s class by the way.”

“Okay. I will pick you up tomorrow after class. Then, we can have dinner together.”

“Really?” Soojung’s eyes grow wide. It’s just a simple promise, have dinner together, but she feels so happy. It’s been a while since both of them catch up over dinner. “Promise?”

“Promise.”

---

“Where is Soojung, Kyungsoo oppa?” Seulgi asks directly when she picks up Taeoh.

“She picks up her boyfriend at the airport.” Kyungsoo says curtly, ignoring the pain on his heart, helping Seulgi to get Taeoh’s bag on the chair.

“Boyfriend? I thought-” Seulgi doesn’t dare to continue, not when she sees the look on Kyungsoo’s eyes.

“Yeah, apparently she has a boyfriend already. It’s not surprising though, she is a beautiful girl.” He sounds so bitter but he can’t hold back the jealousy burning on his heart. Whoever gets to call Soojung his is a lucky bastard.

Seulgi doesn’t say anything, smiling at him with sympathy on her eyes and leaves him alone.

I’m so bitter over Soojung. It’s good that I didn’t ask her out so I didn’t make a fool of myself. Yeah, totally cool.

Kyungsoo tries to ease the uncomfortable feeling by shopping for his dinner. It’s been a while since he cooks, Soojung always asks him to accompany her trying new restaurants since she is new here. Soojung again, he sighs, beating himself for thinking about Soojung.

He is walking to his apartment when he sees a woman being dropped off by a sleek black sedan. Looks expensive, he mused, calculating in his mind how many years he needs to work his off to afford something as expensive as the car.

“Kyungsoo oppa?”

Now he is hearing things, great. He laughs to himself and keeps walking but a woman walks beside him a bit too close to his taste. He needs a personal space, thank you. So Kyungsoo walks faster and the woman is able to keep up with him.

“Kyungsoo oppa, don’t run!” A whine is heard from the back when he starts to half runs to his apartment building and he knows it’s not only on his imagination.

“Soojung?”

She pouts at him, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter