Sixteen

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The prodigal son is finally home.” His mom glared at them the moment they stepped into the living room, looking every bit of high class women, makeup done tastefully and hair tied neatly to the back of her head into a bun, with wine on her hand despite the early morning.

“Good morning, Mother.” Joohyun beside him bowed awkwardly, still feeling suffocated being in the same room with her mother in law.

“Why are you coming back?” His mother sneered, didn’t even bother to reply Joohyun’s greeting, Jongin could see from his peripheral’s vision Junmyeon clenched his fist in rage.

“Do you need more money?” Jongin’s eyes snapped open, he couldn’t believe what he heard. How did his mother turn to be this bitter?

“Good to see you are alright, mom.” Junmyeon sneered, beside him Joohyun grabbed his hand to calm him down.

His mother scoffed at the sight, turning her vision to the younger son, “Have you think about it? Marrying Soojung?” She smiled coldly at the couple, “So at least you have done something right for your old mother. Not like them.” she sneered, “Useless.”

Joohyun blanched hearing the harsh words, and Jongin knew, his mother had crossed the line.

“Do you really want to have a grandchild, Mom?” He asked, trying to keep his emotion in check.

“Of course.” His mother replied confidently.

“Then why did you throw away your only chance to have a grandchild?”

His mother glared at him, “What do you mean, Jongin?”

“Kang Seulgi.” Jongin watched how his mother suddenly looked so anxious, eyes darting everywhere not to meet his. Gone was the usually calm and composed lady of the house.

“I don’t know what do you mean, Jongin?” Her voice trembled.

“You knew she was pregnant at that time and you forced her to abort it.” He stated rather calmly.

“It must be you.” Suddenly his mother lunged at Joohyun and grabbed her by the wrist.

“Mother.” Joohyun whimpered weakly, too sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter