The First Duet

Will You Love Me

Aim’s POV

Music Room

After Class we headed to the Music Room for our usual practice. This is the happiest time of my life. I get to be with someone I like. Just being with her is enough for me. We study, eat and practice together. I hope this will not end. Staying this way makes life more easier…. And I really hope she feels the same way.

“Aim?” Nam asked. “Are you listening? You’re staring at me but I think you’re not listening.”

Oh. Im sorry. What is it again? (She might be thinking Im crazy. She always noticed that Im staring at her. I cant resist her cute face, that chubby cheeks that Ive always wanted to pinch. When all of sudden..

“Can I sleep in your lap? Im really sleepy. We’re still early right?” Nam rest her head in my head without waiting for my response.

“Oh. Sure.” I responded shyly, to be honest I don’t feel comfortable. I felt like my body freezes. However I wanted to stay like this. Nearly half an hour passed, but it seems like forever. And the others came in except for Mac.

“Woah. What a lovely scene?” Poom said smilingly.

“Ahhhhhhh. (Yawning). How long have I been asleep?” Nam asked brushing the hair covering her face. “But its comfortable sleeping in your lap.” Then she smiled at me.

“Half an hour.” I said to Nam. “Where’s Mac?”

“He’s in the clinic, he said he’s not feeling well. I think he will not make it today.” Poon said.

“I’ll take Mac’s part for the mean time.” Poom said.

After 1 set, we decided to take a break.

“Aim, you look disturbed. You cant get into the feeling? Hahaha.” Poom asked.

“Im excited for the field trip next week. It will be in Krabi. I haven’t been there.” Poon said.

We are in the middle of discussion when Nam started to sing our duet’s song…

 

 

 

 

เวลาที่ล่วงเลยนั้นทำให้คนเปลี่ยนไป
Welah tee luang loey nun tum hai kon bplian bpai
When the things that pass change people
สิ่งหนึ่งในใจยังไงก็ไม่เปลี่ยน
Sing neung nai jai yung ngai gor mai bplian
But no matter what, one thing in my heart won’t change
ก็คือความรักที่มีต่อเธอ
 

And I sang my part…

Gor keu kwahm rukt ee mee dtor tur
It’s the love I have for you
จะมั่นคงอย่างนี้เหนือกาลเวลา มากยิ่งกว่าอะไร
Ja mun kong yahng nee neua gahn welah mahk ying gwah arai
I’m certain that this is further beyond time than anything else

Nam and I sang the chorus. She look me in the eyes and I looked away. My heart starts to beats so fast. I look again in her eyes and all of a sudden I saw my future right in front of me. I felt like I’ve found the other jagged piece of puzzle that will complete me, that feeling of perfect click.

Dtor hai nahn piang dai ruk tae gor yung kong bpen ruk tae
No matter how long, true love will still be true love
ไม่มีวันจะแปรหรือน้อยลงไปตามเวลา
Mai mee wun ja bprae reu noy long bpai dtahm welah
It’ll never change or lessen with time
ถึงแม้บางครั้งชีวิตต้องเจออะไรกระหน่ำ
Teung mae bahng krung cheewit dtaung jur arai granum
Though sometimes life must face hard times
แต่ก็ไม่เคยทำให้รักเราเปลี่ยนแปลงไป
Dtae gor mai koey tum hai ruk rao bplian bplaeng bpai
But it will never make our love change

The look in Poom and Poon’s face are unexplainable. Its difficult to say whether they like it or not. A combination of shock and shyness altogether. Its like they’re watching a love story except that the lovers are both girls. Then a still awkwardness in the room.

“Im hungry.” Nam broke the silence.

“Wow, you two look good together.” Poon said in surprised. “To be honest you both sounds way better that Aim and Mac. My heart is jumping while seeing you two sing.”

“Well they just sing what’s in their hearts.” Poom wisphered.

“Huh? What did you say?” Poon asked.

“I said let’s go grab something to eat.” Poom changed the topic.

Nam looked at me and she smiled. I wonder if we felt the same way. Or am I the only one who felt it. But if that’s the case she must really be a good singer and actress.