I Hate Her

Will You Love Me

7:15AM Room 204

Nam's POV

With my headset on. (Playing Counting Stars)

Hi Aim. Im sitting inside the classroom today. (Im excited to tell Aim that Im not late)

"Hi." Aim said.

(Is that all her response?)

Im sorry that I replied late to you last night. Im a bit busy.

"Its ok." Aim said uninterested.

(Did I say something wrong? i thought to myself).

"Nam, someone's looking for you outside." said Pond.

I look over to the door and see Way.

Way! Im sorry I wasnt able to stay for long last night. 

"Its ok. What time is your performance?" Way Asked.

I think around 2:30?

"Ok, ill watch it. Do your best!" Way said.

Sure, see you later. 

(I went back to my seat.)

"Nam, we saw you last night with her in Asiatique." Mac said.

Oh. I didnt see you last night. You went out with whom?

"Aim and I had dinner in Le Du." Mac added.

With Aim? I see. You should have called me.

(Our conversation was cut of when Professor Rod came.)

"Everyone sit down." Professor Rod demanded.

 

 

Aim's POV

(Way? Who is she in Nam's life?)

Their 10 mins conversation feels like endless to me.While Nam walks past me, i felt a sudden twitched in my heart. This is not real. It cant be happening to me. 

(All throughout the class, i was quiet. I cant even look into her direction. But i can see in the side of my eye that she's staring at me. Like she wanted to talk to me but she's hesitant.) 

"Aim, can u tell us who is Guinevere?" Prof Rod asked

Poom elbowed Me, "Prof is asking u?"

Huh?! Ahhhhh.. (Im lost, i dont know what to say)

"Guinevere was the wife of King Arthur, the legendary ruler of Britain. She was a beautiful and noble queen, but her life took a tragic turn when she fell in love with Lancelot, one of Arthur's bravest and most loyal knights." Nam said

"Did i call your name?" Prof Rod asked.

"Oh i thought i heard you said Nam." Nam said, but i know that she's only pretending.

(And the bell rung.)

(Poom and Poon look at each other and stared at me.)

What? I told them annoyingly.

 

2:45 PM

Conservatory of Music Hall

Nam's POV

Everyone gathered up for the singing performance.

I saw Way took a sit somewhere behind. I came up to her and talked to her before the competition begins. She hugged me and wish me luck.

The announcer gave the opening remarks and the battle begins.

Its Poon and Q's turn to sing for the first round.

The judges are quite impressed to their performance. But personally,  Q's singing is better but Poon connected to the audience more.

The second round is the Duet's

Aim is so pretty with that dress, she looks like a princess. And she really looks good with Mac beside her. I told myself.

They obviously have a great chemistry together. They bring out the best of each other.

However, Pond and Jun are cute on stage, vocal wise I think Aim and Mac nailed it. They are much more stable singers. 

After Poom sung, it's my turn now.

I went up to the stage and look in the audience, when i accidentally look at Aim, I suddenly got nervous. This is the first time I got nervous before performing. What is this I told myself. Then the music starts playing.

(Singing to Mai Ruk Dee)

Mai yahk hai tur dtaung jep

Mai yahk hai tur raung hai eek

Pror chun eng mai dai ruk tur....

After my song, the announcement of Winners.

For Q and Poon, it's Poon

For the duet, Mac and Aim obviously. 

For Poom and I, here's the judges decision.

" Its been a difficult for us to make this decision as both of you deserve to be representing our school. But unfortunately, we need to choose only 1. Nam even though at first we felt the nervousness in you, you bounced back strong in the second verse and you sang the song as if its yours. But for you Poom you've been consistent since the very start. and showed that your in control. So are vote goes out to Poom" Judges said

I looked to Aim's direction and plans to congratulate her, but i saw her hugging Mac in joy, so i decided not to, instead i go see my teammates.

Hey Guys, let's celebrate.

"Celebrate?! Are you crazy?" Jun asked.

Celebrate our defeat. Hahaha. The dinner is mine. Anyone?

"Since its your treat, let's go. I will not decline." Q said.

"Way, come and join us." Pond said.

Of course, she'll join us. (And we exited the room.)

 

Aim's POV

Is that Way? Nam invited her? Why are they always together? Tsk! What? She even hug her? Are they allowing Public Display here? Disgusting...

Its Poon and Q's turn to sing for the first round.

I didnt really pay attention, Im still pissed off.

It's our turn to sing. Mac's eyes is gleaming with happiness as we walk towards the stage. I looked at the audience and saw Nam and she's looking back at me and turn to Mac instead.

(The music starts playing..)

 

My love, there's only you in my life. The only thing that's right. My first love, You're every breath that I take. You're every step I make…

After Poom's performance it's Nam's turn. I dont intend to watch her and I dont care. But when she began to sing, my heart starts to melt. What the?! How could you be so right, when it feels so wrong. My heart starts to beat so fast, i cant control it i feel like im grasping my breath and i cant hold on to it any longer and decided to go to the washroom. When i went back they're announcing the winners. Even if we won all the way, it still feel sad for me, No matter how i despise her, deep inside im hoping that she'll win because she also deserves to win. After our short lived celebration, I intend to go talk to Nam, but i saw her walking towards the exit with her arms in Way's shoulder.

I hate her....

 

Note:

 

Credit to the owner of the picture.