The Secret GF

Will You Love Me

Aim’s House

I woke up in a nice and cozy bed with a human height window adorned in a nice flowery pink drapes. I turned my body and lay flat on the bed and saw a big home screen tv in front. Then reality strikes back so easily. Where am i? How did I get here? Who am I with? Who’s clothes am I wearing? The last thing I recall I fell asleep in aim’s car. I turned to look beside me and I saw Aim sleeping soundly. Am I in her room? I checked the clock and saw 5 am. I decided to take the bathroom and freshens up. So I can go home and change my uniform. After I dressed up, I saw Aim wide awake and she looks like she’s waiting for me.

“Good Morning, Aim. I guess im totally wasted last night.” I greeted her with a big smile in my face.

“Hahahaha. I asked you where do you live but you seem to be sleeping in my car. I asked the maid to wash your clothes. I changed your clothes and put in mine. Your uniform are there.”

“Thanks a lot.” I told her feeling embarrassed, my cheeks are as hot as the sun.

“ill be ready in 20 mins. Let’s eat breakfast and go to school. I don’t want to be late.” Aim said.

Aim’s house is really huge and luxurious. I guess it will take me 3 days to familiarize myself inside. We went down to the dining room and her mother is waiting for us.

“Good morning, Ma’am. “ I greeted her first.

“Hi, good morning, take a seat and lets eat, im Aim’s mom. What’s your name?” Aim’s mom asked me.

“Im Nam, Ma’am.” I said shyly.

“Don’t call me Ma’am, you can call me Aunt or even Mom, I don’t mind.” Her mom said. Aim got some of her features from her mom and her mom looks like she haven’t age for awhile.

“You must be really close with Aim, she doesn’t really asked her friends to come over and stay with her overnight. Her friends are off limits to her room. Hahaha” Her mom added.

“Ma?! And you?” turned towards me, “Eat fast, I don’t want to be late in class.”

Campus

Aim parked her car in the campus parking lot. Q together with his friends saw us.

“Nam?! You’re so lucky you have a pretty and y driver and you’re riding a Benz.”

Aim gave him a death stare.

“Oops.” Q said and walked away.

“He’s so rude.” Aim said.

When we arrived in the classroom, everyone is giving us a look, I sit quietly in my chair and so does Aim.

“Nam, why are you two together?” Jun whispered.

“Why, is there a problem? We cant go to campus together?”

I told Jun when Prof Rod cut us.

“Nam and Jun, why don’t you share us your discussion over there.”

“Sorry Sir.” Jun said. Good, I thought to myself, she’ll refrain from asking.

After discussion, we were grouped into 5 for our homework. Me and Hongyok are in the same group and Hongyok is the chosen leader. I can feel Aim is not fond of it. I tried my best to stay away from Hongyok without them noticing.

“Is everyone free after class so we can discuss and distribute each other roles and responsibilities?” Hongyok asked. Everyone agrees to meet up after class. “Ok, then, let’s meet up in the canteen after class.”

“I have practice after class.” I told them.

“But I cant stay long here, I have appointment.” Ton said.

“me too.” Hernfah added.

“Ok, then, let’s meet after class and Nam ill meet you after your practice, since im staying behind to do some research. Fair enough?” Hongyok asked.

“Yeah, totally fine.” Said Ton and Hernfah.

“ok.” I agreed.

Music Room

After class, we went straight to the Music Room. Aim is still nagging me about me and hongyok being in the same group. When we reach the hall, Prof Aey is waiting for us, she looks anxious.

“Hi Ma’am, are you ok?” Poom asked.

“Boys and girls, I have an important announcement to make.” Prof Aey said. I wonder what is it. “Unfortunately, Mac will not be able to make it for the competition. The board and I decided to replace him, so we invited Q to take Mac’s part.”

“Q and Aim, both of study the songs. Once the 3 finished their part, we’ll listen to both of you.” Prof. Aey said.

“Q don’t mess this up, please. Hahaha.” I told Q, teasing him. Q is a great singer but known for being out of tunes at times.

“Shut up, kiddo.” Q said feeling annoyed.

After Poom, Poon and I sang our part, its time to listen to Q and Aim. While Aim and Q are singing, Prof Aey interrupted them.

“Excuse me, can you sing again from the start, I don’t feel the emotions from both of you.”

They sang the song 3 times, but it seems like Prof Aey is not satisfied.

“Ok, I think you two are tired, lets all take a break for 15 mins.”

My phone suddenly rings. I received a text message.

“Who’s that?” Aim asked sneaking a peek to my phone.

“Uhmmmm.” It was a message from Hongyok.

“Let me see.” Aim grabbed my hand and look over at my phone. “Hongyok? And why is she asking you what time you’ll be free?” Aim is so irritated, that she almost shouted at me.

“No, its part of the group assignment. We’re supposed to meet up because she’ll discussed what will be the arrangement.” I explained to her.

“Why you didn’t tell me earlier?” Aim is still annoyed.

Im lost for words I don’t know how to answer. I’m a type of person that doesn’t really care of what others think of me, but now I realized I wanted to assure her that there’s nothing to be worried of.

“I’ll wait for you. So make sure it’ll be fast. I don’t really like waiting.” Aim said.

“You can go home first.” I told Aim.

“No, ill be waiting for you.” Aim insisted.

“Aim and Q, come here.” Prof Aey called them together. “Ill be honest to you, you two sounds terrible together. And you’re not connecting to each other. This might not gonna work.”

“I have a suggestion Ma’am.” Poon said. “I know someone who’s perfect to replace Mac, can sing better and have a great chemistry with Aim.” Poon added.

“Who?” Prof Aey asked.

“Nam.” Prof Aey look at him with a mix of emotions, surprised and confusion.

“Are you sure of what you’re talking about Poon? You know that the meaning of the song is about love right? We will not going to defy the norms of the society.” Prof Aey said. Both Aim and I looked at each other.

“Ma’am, do you think that by showing unconditional love we are trying to defy the norms? We all know that this kind of love exist in our society but we choose to avoid them. We think its wrong just because everyone say so. Pardon me, Ma’am, but have you ever asked yourself why you choose your husband over others? What is it that make you love him? Why other prefer tall or short? Rich or poor? Why other choose same when everyone is telling us that we are created to love the opposite? It is because we don’t choose, love itself choose the right one for us.” Poom said. Prof Aey gave a deep sigh and stop for awhile. She looks at me and then to Aim.

“Alright, let’s hear the two of you sing. If this doesn’t work, you better shut your mouth Poom from now on. Don’t ever argue with anyone about this topic again.” Prof Aey said and Poom nodded. I always thought Poom has a different preference when it comes to love.

“Don’t ever make me feel ashamed.” Poom whispered to me. “Just sing exactly the way you sang before.”

So Aim and I started to sing their duet’s song. I took Mac’s part. We sing as if there’s no one listening to us, no pressure, effortless. After the song, we looked at each other and smiled and we turned to look at them, who seems to be mesmerized by the song except Prof Aey she gave a loud deep sigh again she looks serious as ever.

“Good.” Prof Aey said, I looked at her and I think she kinda disappointed of what she witnessed. “Ill be honest with you Aim, Ive seen you sing duet with Poom and Mac, but I must say that this is the first time I saw you sing genuinely, I felt that you’re not acting it out.”

“Ill suggest this to the board, be prepared to sing in front of them. We might get scrutinized of this decision but we’ll stick to it. I believe in all of you guys. Q take Nam’s part, study it and sing with your heart. Give justice to the song. Class dismiss.”

After the practice, I headed to the canteen to meet Hongyok. Aim decided to stay and wait for me. It was only 10 minutes past when I received a message from Aim.

 

Line Conversation

“Where are you? Why are you taking so long.”  Aim (sent via line)

“Canteen. its only 10 minutes since I came here. Wait for awhile.” Nam (sent via line)

“Ok, you need to finished that within 10 minutes or else ill be coming over.” Aim (sent via line)

 

“Who’s that? Your gf?” Hongyok asked. I just smiled. “You seem to be in a hurry, are you going to meet her up?” She added.

“I just have a prior commitment so I need to go off as early as possible, let’s make it fast then.” I told her avoiding to sound rude.

After 20 mins of discussion. I received a call.

Aim calling…

“It’s her right, go ahead and answer the call and you may go now.” Hongyok said.

“Sorry, bye.” I told Hongyok, while I press the call button. “Yes, im coming now.” I said to the other line of the phone.

 

Note:

 

Credit to the owner of the picture.