The Bestfriend

Will You Love Me

Aim’s POV

 

7:53 AM. Room 204

 

“Pond, where’s Nam?” Q asked.

 

“I don’t know. She didn’t replied to my message.” Pond said.

 

“Pond and Q, if you’ll be having your own discussion there, you might as well step out of this classroom.” Professor Rod said.

 

Maybe she’s back to her old self. Im not surprised though.

 

While waiting for the next class.

 

“I wonder what happen to Nam. She’ll say if she’s not going to class.” Jun said.

 

“Maybe she’s sick?” Poom said.

 

Or maybe she’s just back to her old self, troublemaker. (I wasn’t able to control myself to interrupt.)

 

“Actually Nam isn’t that bad, I remember Way told me about Nam.” Pond said

 

(Way again, I thought to myself.)

 

“Way told me, she and her sister are separated because their parents split up when they were young. Her younger sister studied in Chiang Mai University and happens to be Nam’s bestfriend. Her sister got into a relationship with one of the hottest guy in the campus.” Pond explained. “Unfortunately, the guy cheated on her and worst, he posted inappropriate pictures of the girl in the internet. She got bullied in and out of the campus. She even planned to take her life, but luckily she was saved. Nam was so furious and beat up those who bullied her sister and end up being expelled by the University. Nam and Way are actually surprised to know that they are somehow connected when Nam first came here”

 

“Wow, Nam can fight?” Jun asked.

 

“I guess so. She said, Nam’s family cant afford to pay for Nam’s studies. So Nam gets part time job here to pay for her school fees. I think she goes to sings to Bar at night. Not really sure which bar.” Pond continued.

 

Although I pretended that im not listening, I heard everything. And I felt like stupid. Actually, stupid is a lame word for what I’ve done to her recently. I want to run to Nam and apologize for what I said and did to her. I hope its not too late. I feel disoriented and heartless. How insensitive I am? Why didn’t I noticed all these things?

 

(1 message from Way)

 

“Way messaged me, she said Nam and her are in guidance room.”  Pond said.

 

“Guidance Room? Why are they there?” Jun asked.

 

“Well I guess they’re eating there.” Q said sarcastically. “Obviously, they violated the school regulations.”

 

9:24 AM Guidance Room

 

Nam’s POV

 

“Ms. Kalkulnat, I heard that its you who came up to them?” Guidance Counselor.

 

Yes. I said without hesitation.

 

“So, are you saying that you initiate the fight?” Guidance Counselor.

 

“Yes, she did. She told us that we should always be prepared and threatened us and she said she’s ready to beat us.” Muay said.

 

I told you not to disturbed and Bully way anymore or else Im not going to hesitate to fight back.

 

“Ms. Kalkulnat, do you know that threatening a student is not allowed in this school?”

 

Yes, I know. (I just want to finish this conversation).

 

“But she didn’t started the fight, they punch her. She only wants to protect me from their bullying.” Way explained.

 

“Its not true.” Muay said.

 

“I will not ask you Muay if your group punched her, because its obvious in her face. But you, Ms. Kalkulnat, did you fight back?” Guidance Counselor asked (I hope you didn’t, I know you’re not a bad person, if you didn’t fight, your punishment will be lesser – the guidance counselor thought)

 

Ma’am, this will not happen to my face if I’d fight back.

 

“Ok, all of you return to your classroom, until the decision comes out.” Guidance Counselor said.

 

Way you go ahead, ill just need to go somewhere else.

 

We parted ways and I head straight to the basketball court to take a nap. My whole body aches.

 

 

 

12:03 PM Beside Basketball Court (Under the tree)

 

Perfect timing. Ms Perfect is not here, I can take a nap.

 

Aim’s POV

 

I wonder where is Nam, I saw Way went back to her room.

 

(Heard someone snoring) Is that Nam? I told myself. What happen to her face? Her school uniform is stained with blood. I stared at her pearly white face. Even though her face got bruises she’s still cute, adorable. I can stay staring at her whole day.

 

I’m sorry Nam. Now, I know everything. I should have been less evil to you.

 

(I move my head closer to her face to look clearly the details of her face.)

 

When she suddenly open her eyes, I wasn’t able to react fast.

 

“Oi! What are you doing? Are you trying to punch me also? I didn’t do anything to you.” Nam said in defense.

 

Im not going to add anymore bruise to your face… (I was also shocked to see her awake) Are you stupid? Why didn’t you fight back? Why did you let them beat you? I asked angrily.

 

“Why are you so mad? Its as if you’re the one who got punched.” Nam said.

 

I just cant believe you’re that stupid.

 

“I don’t want to lose my chance to study again. I know my Mom will be upset if I will get expelled. I want to finish my studies and give her a better life.” Nam said, her eyes are watery.

 

Here. (I handed her the hanky she lend me). You look awful crying with all those bruises. Come, Ill treat your wounds.

 

(And she stared at me with doubts, but she then follows.)