The 5th Member

Will You Love Me

Campus

“Tell Nam to report to my office, if you see her.” Prof. Aey told Pond with her usual strict tone.

“Yes Ma’am.” Pond said in what seems to be like a military answer.

“I think she did something wrong again.” Jun thought.

“No, I heard the singing competition is a five-man team. Maybe Nam is the fifth member.” Poon exclaimed.

“Oh, I see. I better line Nam, she’ll be happy to know this.”

 

Pond and Nam Line Conversation

“Nam, report to Prof. Aey, asap.” – Pond (sent via line)

“Y?” – Nam (sent via line)

“I don’t know, she asked me to tell you. Where are you?” – Pond (sent via line)

“I’m with Way in the library, I don’t remember violating any rules this time.” Nam (sent via line)

“Just report to her, Nam.” – Pond (sent via line).

“ok, thnx.” – Nam (sent via line)

***end of convo***

 

Faculty Room

“Hi Ma’am, I heard your looking for me.” Nam asked.

“Yes.” Prof. Aey answered with a strict tone.

“I supposed its not because im suspended or violated anything this time.” Nam curiously asked.

“No , its not. Nam, I know you’ve been into trouble recently, but I know you’re a good student. I heard you during the competition and I would say you’re not bad. Anyways, there’s a changed in the Inter-School Competition, this time it will be a five man delegation. As voted by faculty, we chose you to be part of the delegation, the fifth member. Do you accept the proposal?” Prof Aey explained but she feels worried that Nam will reject the proposal.

“”Yes, of course. Its my pleasure to be part of the team.” Nam said excitedly.

“But, first you need to learn to follow instructions and you will not be stubborn. Do you understand?” Prof. Asked with her eyes staring at Nam like she wanted to know whether she can follow her.

“Yes, Ma’am, of course I will.” Nam said boastfully.

“Ok, starting tomorrow, and every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, report to The Music Room after class.”

“Yes, Ma’am. Thank you.” Nam said and went out of the Faculty Room with a smile in her face.

Music Room

 

 

"Have you heard the news that Nam is joining our crew." Poom said. I heard the new rules is, there will be five members each group."

 

"Really?" Aim asked ( her eyes is gleaming with joy)

 

"Why do you look so happy?" Mac asked. "I thought u dislike her." 

 

"I dont dislike her, i just dont want students who are stubborn. But she changed." Aim explained.

 

"Hi." Nam said smiling to everyone and not knowing that she’s been the topic of the conversation.

 

"Nice to have you here." Aim said looking at Nam with joy in her eyes.

 

"Why are you so nice to me recently? Just last week you seem to be disgusted to me." Nam asked.

 

"Nothing, i just wanted to be friends with you." Aim said.

 

"Boys and girls, listen up, we'll be preparing for the upcoming Inter-school competition that will happen in November. Nothing's changed only there's an addition. So Mac and Aim will be duet, Poom, Poon and Nam are soloist. Here are your contest piece. Study it and let me know your thougths. Ill give you 30 mins." Prof Aey said.

 

Song Lists:

 

Mac and Aim – รักแท้อยู่เหนือกาลเวลา (Ruk Tae Yoo Neua Gahn Welah)

Nam – อย่าทำให้ฟ้าผิดหวัง (Yah Tum Hai Fah Pit Wung)

 

Poom – Too Much So Much Very Much

 

Poon - ไม่มีสิ่งไหน

 

 

"I like your song, Nam." Aim said being friendly and trying to gain Nam’s trust again.

 

"Me too. I like my song." Nam said smiled and turned her head against Aim.

 

"I think we wouldnt have problem with our song Aim." Mac interrupted. "We just need to practice more.

 

(It seems like Aim is not listening, her eyes is locked into Nam's)

 

"Aim?" Mac added.

 

"Yes? What did you said?" Aim looked confused.

 

"Nothing." Mac said.

 

(Poom smiled mischievously, he suspects something is about to unfold.)

 

"Why?" Poon asked Poom.

 

"Nothing." He said still smiling.

 

"Im hungry." Nam said touching her stomach.

 

"Let's go eat after. My treat." Aim invited.

 

"Im not going to turn it down. Hahaha." 

 

After class, they went out to the nearby resto.

 

"Where are we going to eat?" Nam asked.

 

"Just get inside the car, we'll figure out later." Aim demanded.

 

Nam's POV

 

I dont know why Aim suddenly changed. But i will not deny that Im happy we're good again.

 

"You can eat that much?" Aim asked in surprised.

 

Of course. Im really hungry though. (My eyes are shining seeing the food being served.)

 

"What are you going to do after dinner?" Aim asked

 

I have a session today in Pump Room. Ill go straight there.

 

"Is Muk going?" Aim asked again, keen to know the answer.

 

Im not sure. But she lined me awhile ago, she said she'll come.

 

"She dont asked me to join her recently. Selfish." Aim said annoyingly. "Do you like her?" Aim asked without hesitation.

 

Huh?! I asked in shocked.

 

"You know that she likes you right? She wouldnt waste her time watching you if she dont." Aim said like accusing me.

 

I dont really think about it. I dont give meanings to what she's showing to me. (That question caught me off guard. I didnt see that coming.)

 

"But do you like her?" Aim insisted.

 

"I dont know. Why does it feel like you're interrogating me?

 

"Oh No, i just thought that if you dont like her tell it now, so she wouldn't invest so much effort and time and it will not hurt her much." Aim explained.

 

But im not sure whether its her intention. I didnt give a thought to that. ( what if she's just friendly? I told myself)

 

"Up to you? Im just worried for my friend." Aim said. "Ill send you to Pump Room."

 

Thanks for the dinner Aim.

 

Muk and Aim Line Conversation

 

Muk, are you going out tonight? - Aim (sent via line)

Yes, Im going to Pump Room, Wanna come with me? - Muk (sent via line)

Sure, let's meet there. - Aim (sent via line)

Ok, see you. - Muk ( sent via line)

Pump Room

(Playing in the background….

So you can keep me. Inside the pocket. Of your ripped jean. Holdin' me closer. 'Til our eyes meet. You won't ever be alone. Wait for me to come home.)

“Muk, have you told Nam about your feelings for her?” Aim asked

“No, do I need to?” Muk asked. “Im happy of what we have, and I don’t want to ruin it.”

“But don’t you want to know the answer if she has feelings for you too?”

“It doesn’t matter to me now. Im happy and that’s all I want to be.” Muk said.

 

Nam’s POV

After my set, I joined Aim and Muk and share a couple of chit chat.

Then they decided to all go back. Muk and I escorted Aim to her car.

“Drive safely, Aim.” I hope you’ll message me once you reach home, I thought to muself.

“How are you going back? I can drive you home.” Aim asked

“No worries, I usually take cab.” I said.

“Ok, see you tomorrow then.” Aim waived goodbye.

“Muk, can we talk for awhile? Are you rushing home?” I asked.

“No, why? Is there a problem?” Muk asked worriedly.

“Oh not really. Muk, Im really grateful to meet someone like you. You are not just pretty outside but inside you have a beautiful heart.” I don’t know how will I start this conversation and how to end.

“Nam, I don’t know where this conversation will lead to. But I want you to know that I like you. I know its obvious that I really like you, I’ve never liked any girls before.” Muk said.

“Muk, I like you too. But its not the same as what you feel. I like you as a friend, and I don’t want to give you false hope. Its difficult for me to say this to you, because I don’t want to lose the friendship that we had. “ I told Muk.

She burst into tears. And its painful to see her cry. I hugged her and let her head rest in my shoulder.

“I guess you are right.” Muk said. “it’s better to hurt with the truth than comfort me with the lie.”

This will be a long night for me and for her, but at least I can sleep in peace.