The Truth

Will You Love Me

Room 503

 

Aim’s POV

 

I wake up feeling uncomfortable, it felt like there’s something heavy on top of my chest only to find out that it is Nam’s arms. I felt uncomfortable but secured as well.  I checked the clock and its only 4:35 am. I turned to look at her. The moon shows the silhouette of her face that is as white as dove. Her lips is so kissably red. Her cheeks is so puffy I would like to touch it. But I need to restrain myself as I might wake her up.

 

Our call time is 7 am. I woke up 5:30 am, but I didnt get up yet, for 10 mins I just stare at Nam, memorizing the details of her face. I took a bath and wake Jun up, after Jun finished taking a bath I wake up Nam.

 

“Nam? Arent you going to wake up? Its 6:15 already.” I asked her.

 

“Ahhhhhhh (Yawning). I still feel sleepy, 5 more minutes.” Nam said and went back to take a nap again.

 

We went down at around 6:50 am and explore the wonders of the view of Krabi. Then we came down for our breakfast. When we reach the dining table, Nam sits beside Poom and I sit beside her.

 

“Can I have a bite of your bread?” Nam asked Poom. And took a bite. I don’t know what im thinking and I put my bread in her plate. Its like my automatic reaction.

 

“Oh! Are you giving me your bread? Thanks!” Nam told me. Poom gave a look at me and smiled.

 

After all the activities of the day. The teachers gave us the last night to hang out with each other and allowed us to drink alcohol. We sat in in circle with the bon fire. Nam is sitting across me together with Poom and Pond. I was sitting with Mac and Jun.

 

“Let’s play truth, consequence or shot?” Mac said.

 

“What is that? I have not heard of that game before?” Q asked. Everyone is confused of how the game should be played.

 

“We will spin the bottle and whoever was chosen need to either answer a truth question, do a consequence or shot a tequila? Is it ok with you guys?” Mac asked.

 

“Aim is in the advantage, she’s a heavy drinker. Hahaha” Pond said. And I shot a death look to him.

 

After the 3rd spin, the bottle pointed at Nam.

 

“I don’t drink but ill choose shots.” Nam said. He took a shot glass and drink the tequila, her face turns sour with the taste of vodka.

 

Most of them either choose consequence or shots. The 10th spin finally it pointed towards me.

 

“Aim, truth, consequence or shots?” Poom asked.

 

“Truth.” I said.

 

“Have you ever cheated in our Class?” Pond asked.

 

“Yes I did.” I confessed. Everyone looked shock to my confession. Im only human though.

 

“Which subject?” Pond asked again in amuzement.

 

“Only 1 question.” Then I spin the bottle and it pointed at Nam.

 

“Nam, truth, consequence or shots?” Pond asked.

 

“Truth.” Nam said, I was surprised that she chose truth. Its my turn to ask her question.

 

“Nam, are you open to have a serious relationship with the same ?” I asked her. It looks like everyone is feeling the kick of alcohol.

 

She looked me straight in the eyes and said, “Yes, I am.”

 

For a moment our eyes are locked in each other. While everyone are murmuring.

 

“No wonder, you’re popular with the girls in campus.” Q said.

 

Nam then spins the bottle and it pointed to Hongyok.

 

“Hongyok, truth, consequence or shots?” Pond asked.

 

“Consequence.” Hongyok said. Hongyok is a quiet girl in class. She’s timid but smart. She often hangs out in the library with her group and likes to sing K-Pop.

 

“Go to the person you like, touch his face, look at his eyes and tell him that you like him.” Nam said.

 

I wonder who’s the guy that she likes, she’s so quiet that nobody actually notices her and nobody can tell what she’s thinking. I’ve always thought she likes Pond, because during the singing competition she’s cheering for their group.

 

She walks towards Pond. I knew it, its Pond. But wait she walked past Pond. She knelt down and…. No! Not Nam. She then touched her face, look into her eyes and said “ I like you.” Nam looked shocked. No one see it coming. Poom look at me worriedly, she saw my frustration. I cant believe what my eyes just saw. How many girls are infatuated with Nam? That moment I want to grab Nam and walk away from everyone. What a playgirl, I told myself.

 

 I kept quiet.

 

The game continues, Nam drank a total of 5 shots. Her face is so red, its true that she’s not used to drinking. I lost my count to the number of spins, and this time it pointed to me again. I chose truth.

 

“Aim, do you like anyone here? (Pause for awhile) Whether girl or boy?” Poom asked.

 

It take me a moment to answer and finally I said, “Yes I am.” Then look at Nam. She’s looking at me as well.

 

Around past 12 am when we finished the game. Everyone is heading to our hotel room. Nam looked really drunk, same as Jun. Nam is with Pond and Poom. And Mac and I are taking care of Jun. When we reach our room, Mac assist Jun to her bed and Poom passed Nam to me and whisper, “Take care of her, we both know you really wanted to.” I just looked at him. I know that he knows about how I felt for Nam, but so far he never spill out my secret.

 

I changed Jun’s clothes and washed her face. After her, I turned towards Nam, Ill be honest I felt awkward changing her clothes and cleaning her. I don’t feel this way with Jun. Im about to sleep, when I heard Nam talked.

 

“Aim, don’t worry about them, I’ll protect you.” And she put her arms around me. I checked on her but she looks like she’s sleeping, she might be dreaming though. I didn’t took her arms off and decided to go to sleep.

 

The next morning is our flight back to Bangkok. I was quiet the whole trip back to the airport, I don’t asked Nam to sit beside me, I purposely sit beside Mac so I can avoid Nam. I cant explain what I feel but I just don’t feel talking to her. While we are on queue to check in, Nam cut q and went beside me. “We sit together when we went here, I think going back we should just follow the same arrangement.” When we boarded the plane. I sit beside the window, and Nam said,

 

“Im sleepy.” She closed her eyes, rest her head in my shoulder and hold my hand.