Open Hearts

Will You Love Me

Nam’s POV

“Mac is still not feeling well.” Poon said.

 “I hope Mac gets well before the contest day. He has a lot of catching up to do.” I told Aim, she looks really worried. “He’ll get better, don’t worry.” But she ignores me.

“Hey, lovebirds, have you settled your issues then?” Poom said. Ever since the field trip he keeps on teasing us. I look at him and smiled.

“Poom!” Aim shouted. She don’t like getting teased. She really looks annoyed.

“I think if Mac will not be able to make it, Nam is the perfect substitute.” Poon said and Poom nodded.

“Ok, guys, lets practice your contest piece, we only have a few weeks before the competition. So let’s take it seriously.” Prof. Aey said.

One by one we started to sing our contest piece. And then came Aim’s duet song.

“Poom, you take over Mac’s part first.” Prof. Aey said.

“Aim, you look bothered. Is there anything wrong? Arent you feeling well?” Prof Aey said.

“No, Ma’am, I think im just tired and worried of Mac.” Aim said.

“Don’t be worried of him, I heard his doing well and ok. Maybe he’s just exhausted of the field trip. He’ll be fine.” Prof Aey said.

“Guys, you can go home now, Aim can you stay for awhile.” Prof Aey added.

After the rehearsal, I waited for Aim to finish her discussion with the teacher. She went out of the room.

 “Aim, lets eat. Im really hungry. This time its my treat. I already got my pay.” I told her to cheer her up. She smiled and nodded.

Brotzeit (German Restaurant)

After our sumptuous dinner.

“Waiter, 1 pint of budweiser and stella, please.” I asked the wwaiter, not even thinking whether I can go home after drinking.

“Huh?! Are you really going to drink? The last time you drink, you got drank and 2 guys must carry you to the hotel room. You think im going to carry you home?” Aim said in annoyance.

“Yes, you will.” I told her while looking straight in her eyes.

She bowed down and then look outside the busy streets of Bangkok.

“ok, now tell me, what’s wrong?” I asked aim. But she don’t even look at me. I hold her face and forced to look at me.

“Are you mad at me? What did I do wrong?” I asked her, I don’t know why she’s acting like this.

“Aim, please.” I look at her with my best childlike face.

“Stay away from Hongyok. I don’t like her.” Aim said while giving me a death stare.

“But why? She’s a nice person.” I told her.

“No, she’s not. “ She added.

“Ok, will you be back to normal if I do that?” I asked her and she gradually smiled and I smiled in return. Then I moved and sit beside her.

“Are you worried of Mac?” I asked her, Ill be honest, I don’t like him with her either. But I don’t show or tell her.

“Of course, aren’t you?” She asked me. “And if he’ll get sick who’s going to be my partner?” She added.

After 3 hours of long and fruitful conversation with 2 pints of beer each, we decided to go home.

As I stand up, my body isn’t well coordinated and I almost fell. Its too late the alcohol finds its way to my system already. Im drunk.

“Nam, im going to drive you home, tell me your address.” As she lay me down in the front seat of her car, my eyes shuts closed. I can still hear her talking but I wasn’t able to talk.

“Nam? Nam? She fell asleep. What am I going to do now?” Aim said. Aim starts to dial numbers, but all of them are not answering.

“Looks like Im going to bring you home then.” Aim said.

 

Note:

Credit to the owner of the pic.