The hospital wing

Orchideous
 

Taemin's eyes fluttered open. He saw white bedsheets and parts of his arms covered in bandages. His head was stinging and when he touched his face he noticed his forehead was also bandaged. He felt a warmth by his side, the very distinct warmth of Jonghyun. He was slumped in a chair at his side, asleep. His hand was gripping Taemin's. In normal circumstances his hand would hurt by how hard Jonghyun was holding it but it was painless. Jonghyun had the ability to soothe him in more ways than one, he was calm and his pain was fleeting. 

"He hasn't left your side" said the voice of Madam Park as she approached. "I normally wouldn't allow visitors past curfew but he refused to leave, quite a loyal boy you've got there" 
Taemin remained silent but pulled their conjoined hands to his chest. Madam Park smiled and handed him a glass of a transparent, green liquid. "Your burns are healing nicely, you should be out of here before the end of the day" Taemin gaged as he swallowed and handed her the glass, with that she left to attend to other students. 
 
He stared at Jonghyuns face, he looked so peaceful and angelic, he looked much older when he was sleeping because his innocent eyes were closed and as if Jonghyun could sense his stare, his eyes opened. He blinked at him a few times before smiling "Taemin, you're awake" he said as he stifled a yawn "yeah I'm awake", Taemin tried to sit up but winced as he did so, this seemed to snap Jonghyun out of his fatigue. 
 
He sat up properly and gently placed his free hand against Taemin's cheek, he brushed his thumb over a cut that was starting to fade to pink. Taemin leaned into his palm.
"I'm sorry" Jonghyun said as he looked into Taemin's eyes. 
"What for?" 
"It's my fault, she came for me and I couldn't even defend myself" Jonghyun averted his eyes "and when the wands came out I was so scared, I d-didnt do anythi-" Taemin cut him off. He pushed though the pain, sat up and held Jonghyun, his arms immediately wrapped around his back. Jonghyun was on the verge of tears again "I just don't like seeing you hurt" Taemin could already feel droplets on his shoulder. 
Taemin was never good at comforting people but he was going to try. 
 
"Jonghyun listen to me, It's alright. It's not your fault, it'll never be your fault. Jessica just wanted to tick me off and she did. I said what needed to be said but I lost my cool and for that I'm sorry. I couldn't control myself and besides" he was glad Jonghyun couldn't see his face "I wouldn't want to see you hurt either. Better me than you, if you were in my position right now then the guilt would tear me up inside. Jessica is a shady witch, she could've easily you" 
Jonghyun sighed and rested his head in the crook of Taemin's neck. 
"I just hope one of theses days I'll have the courage to stand up for myself. I'm a Gryffindor for Merlins sake!" Jonghyun groaned and Taemin began to trace patterns on his back 
"But for now.......... Thank you" he pulled away and just like the night of Slytherin vs Hufflepuff match, Taemin closed his eyes but received at kiss to his bandaged forehead. 
 
He didn't want to end up being kissed everywhere except his mouth. "When are you going to actually kiss me?" The bold question caught Jonghyun off guard but he laughed it off "are you that impatient?" It was Taemin's turn to laugh. Jonghyun face became serious and leaned into Taemin once more "I wanted to ask....... How did you find me? How did you come in at just the right time?" 
Without skipping a beat Taemin answered "I felt it" "you felt it?" "Yeah I felt it, i just knew you were in trouble. I don't know what it is but ugh this sounds creepy" Jonghyuns eyes widened and he urged Taemin to continue "it's not creepy at all! What were you going to say?" 
Taemin looked into Jonghyuns eyes, every other second his eyes would flash blue but disappear as he blinked. Taemin rubbed his own eyes and Jonghyuns returned to their usual brown. 
"I just know. When you're in trouble and I feel like I should be there when you are and I know this sounds really bad and we haven't properly known each other for long you just mean a lot to me! And I want to protect you!" Taemin sped up as he continued talking. "I don't know how to describe it and it's really confusing but I just want you to be safe" 
 
He expected Jonghyun to run away, shyly excuse himself, to feel uncomfortable but he just held Taemin closer. He was about to speak "I'm not interrupting something am I?" Said the voice of someone who knew they were interrupting. 
 
Kibum was standing at the end of Taemin's bed, eyeing the couple. Jonghyun didn't spring away from Taemin, instead he slowly detangled himself from him and greeted his twin. 
"Bummie! What are you doing here?" "Oh nothing I just wanted to visit Taemin, oh and Baekhyun is waiting for you in a the great hall" Jonghyun looked conflicted but Taemin reassured him "you can go. I'm already awake and Madame Park said I'll be out by the end of the day so I'll see you later" 
Jonghyun nodded and waved to both Slytherins before leaving the hospital wing. 
 
 
Taemin sighed as he lay back down "Kibum if you're here to make fun of me I don't want to hear it" 
Kibum scoffed and flipped his un styled hair out of his eyes "you know when I heard a kid was duelling with Sica I laughed and wondered who could be so stupid" he paused and waited for a reaction but got none "but then I saw you and it all made sense...........but then I saw Jjong and it didn't make sense anymore. I found out later what happened and I'm only going to say this once so you better listen!" Kibum took in a deep breath, swallowed his pride, bowed and spoke. 
"Thank you for protecting my brother" 
Taemin was extremely shocked, he'd never seen Kibum act this way and he couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "Kibum? Are you okay?" Kibum crossed his arms and looked away, clearly embarrassed "I'm being serious okay! I wasn't there and Choi was obviously doing nothing! So thanks" "you're welcome" 
"You're actually not that bad" "likewise" 
Kibum smiled an actual smile "you make Jjongie happy so we're cool but no funny business alright?" Taemin nodded, although he knew he didn't need it but Kibums blessings were still a nice thing to have. 
"But if I were you I'd step up my game. looks like Choi isn't going to back down, you have the right to look jealous when they're together, he's totally obsessed with Jjongie. He's a nice guy and Jjongie likes nice guys, just keep that in mind" 
"Thanks Kibum, I really appreciate-" "don't mention it. Seriously. don't. mention. it" Kibum returned to his usual self and sauntered out of the hospital wing "good luck, Taeminnie!" 
 
*
 
Taemin sat in SooMan's office next to Jessica, he still had a few bandages and she had red eyes and tear tracks on her cheeks. He couldn't tell if they were fake or not and frankly he didn't care. 
"I am greatly disappointed in the both of you. Duelling in the corridor was truly disgraceful!" They both kept their heads down. "Forty points will be taken from Slytherin" they were surprised by the headmasters mercy "each and you will sit detention with Shindong in forbidden forest and help him where he sees fit" for this Taemin was grateful, he knew the groundskeeper was biased towards him and would let him off easy. "Do I make myself clear?" "Yes sir" 
 
They made their way back to the dungeons. Taemin was too busy thinking of Jonghyun he didn't notice Jessica sobbing nor did he notice her detour. Only when he returned to the common room he noticed she was gone.