Mistletoe

Orchideous
 

November passed as did autum. It was winter and the entire castle was shrouded in a thick layer of snow. 

Taemin shivered as he trudged through the snow, he thought a quick stroll around the castle would be fine but he was now regretting his decision. He noticed first years playing in the snow and a petite pair of older Gryffindors. One was seated on a sledge while the other pulled them along. One he recognised as Byun Baekhyun and the other was Jonghyun. He was perfectly content watching from a distance, if Jonghyun was happy then he was happy. His laugh was genuine and loud, it warmed Taemin even though he was freezing a few moment ago.
 
After the incident with Jessica, Taemin and Jonghyun have grown ever closer. Their bond was unexplainable by magical standards (no spell book Jonghyun had ever read could explain combined emotions) Jonghyun had searched all throughout the library in search of an answer but only came short. Taemin was confined to studying and was banned (Jonghyuns orders) from joining in the search. 
 
Although they were both curious as to what was happening to them their relief was overpowering. The relief that they felt the same way, that their feelings weren't one sided and that they were the only two who could understand each other in this way.
 
Taemin would've returned to the castle if it wasn't for a snow ball aimed directly at his face. He was so focused on the thought of Jonghyun he didn't notice the pair screaming his name, Baekhyun became frustrated and decided an easier way to gain his attention was an icy awakening.
Jonghyuns stomach was cramping with how hard he was laughing, the expression on Taemin's face was priceless. 
Taemin wiped the ice off his face and approached them, Jonghyun was still giggling. 
 
"Hi" he said trying to stifle his laughter. "Hi" Taemin said as attention was solely focused on Jonghyun once more. Baekhyun used this to his advantage and smashed a new snow ball against the back of Taemin's head, catching him off guard and sending chills down his spine "Baek stop, he's going to catch a cold" Jonghyun said as he lifted himself of the sledge, dusted off the powdered snow and held his hand out for Taemin to take. 
Baekhyun pouted and dragged the sledge over to Chanyeol who was currently making snow angels. 
 
Jonghyun and Taemin walked hand in hand back to castle, they were in a empty and considerably warmer corridor. 
Jonghyun dusted Taemin's hair off but noticed he was still shivering slightly, he removed his own scarf and wrapped it around Taemin. 
It was an odd sight to see, Lee Taemin wearing a Gryffindor scarf but the gesture made both of their hearts flutter. "Thank you" Taemin said as he wrapped the scarf around his mouth and nose, discreetly trying to smell the scarf that was covered in Jonghyuns cologne. 
 
"You're leaving for Christmas right?" Jonghyun asked and Taemin nodded in response. He wasn't as excited as Jonghyun was to go home for the holidays. He didn't have a comfortable muggle life with muggle friends and a muggle family. He was at Hogwarts and he was a pureblood, he was at the manor and he was a pureblood. It was a reputation he couldn't escape and he envied Jonghyun for that. Although Jonghyun had a magical mother, He told Taemin that his mother was more of a simple woman who preferred the muggle lifestyle and wanted to raise her children the same. The Kim twins both attended a muggle primary school and were taught of muggle affairs whenever they returned home. thanks to Jonghyun, Taemin actually started to pay attention in his muggle studies class but he had no further knowledge of the anything outside of the wizarding world.
 
He wasn't looking forward to the balls his parents would throw, he wasn't looking forward to the awkward dinners he would have with his parents and worst of all he wasn't looking forward the nights when Jinki would go out, leaving Taemin alone with only house elves for company.
 
"You'll write to me won't you?" Jonghyun asked hopefully. "Of course" Taemin said and he genuinely meant it, it would be hard for him to not to. He's been debating sending Jonghyun an actual Christmas present but didn't know if that was crossing the line. 
 
They stared at each other, their desires were obvious and they knew their feelings were mutual. They were waiting for the other to lean in first, when Taemin's eyes were distracted by something growing from the ceiling. 
"Mistletoe" Jonghyun said and his eyes met Taemin's again. His cheeks were red from the cold or the embarrassment, he couldn't tell. Jonghyun took a hold of his shoulders and stood on his toes (Taemin preferred this to leaning down) 
His lips shyly pressed against Taemin's while Taemin's arms s around Jonghyuns waist and pulled him up higher. 
 
It reminded them of the their first touch when electricity flowed through them but this was slightly different. There was no spark just an intense heat. It was as if they were touching flames but neither wanted to pull away. They weren't afraid of letting the flames consume them. 
Their lips still connected, Jonghyun placed his hand against Taemin's cheek. To Taemin it felt like a white hot iron pressed against his face but he didn't mind, it was surprisingly comfortable. They were young and (and in Jonghyuns case inexperienced) They have never felt that way before, Taemin was experienced but he had never felt like he was thrown into a fireplace when he was kissing. 
Jonghyun pulled away reluctantly and wrapped his arms around Taemin's neck "was it worth the wait?" 
"Most definitely"
 
*
 
"How are you feeling?" Asked a nervous Jinki. The Lee brothers were seated in an empty compartment on the train. Taemin was sprawled out on one of the train seats while Jinki was seated across from him. 
It had been weeks since they had a proper conversation. Jinki had tried to visit his younger brother in the hospital wing but by the time he got there Taemin was already discharged. He'd been so busy with head duties he'd neglect his brotherly duties. 
 
He felt extremely guilty and although Taemin would never say so, he could tell it bothered him. 
"I'm fine" Taemin said nonchalantly. That was where the small talk ended. 
"I'm sorry about not being there" 
This caught Taemin off guard but he decided playing dumb was the best way to go. "Not being where?" 
"You know where! The duel....with Jessica" Jinki was feeling extremely awkward, he thought a simple apology would suffice but it seems Taemin wanted him to go into detail. 
 
"Oh yeah that! The duel that I lost! That was fun, I was in the hospital for a night and a day. Funny I didn't see you there?" Taemin said bitterly, he sat up properly and stared Jinki down. "Taemin! I tried to be there! You know I did!" Jinki shot up. A few Hufflepuffs passed by, looking confused and slightly scared by the head boys outburst so he sat back down calmly. 
 
"You heard what she said right?" Taemin said as he repositioned himself to face the window, giving Jinki the perfect view of his side profile. "Yes" Jinki said not knowing where the conversation was leading to. "Then what don't I know, what is no one telling me?" "What do you mean?" Taemin snapped.
"YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! THERE IS SOMETHING ALL THE PUREBLOODS KNOW AND I DONT! WHAT. IS. IT!" Jinki was taken aback but knew exactly what Taemin was talking about. 
His face became bleak and he cast his eyes downward "it's not exactly something we should be discussing here" 
"For s sake Jinki! Just tell me! I'm not a child!" 
"Well sometimes I wish you were!" Jinki hissed "you were so much easier to deal with as a child" 
 
Jinki removed his glasses, rubbed his eyes and sighed "I would expect being with Jonghyun all the time would've been good for you, that he would be a good influence but it seems-" "don't you dare finish that sentence" Taemin spat "are you trying to make me mad? Do you want me to bring Luna into this?" Jinki remained silent, realising he had indeed gone too far.
 
"Annnnything from the trolley, dears?" said the trolley witch as she happily rolled the cart full of treats by their compartment. The two stared at her and she sensed the tension between the two, she rolled away without saying a word. That was how the remaining time on the train was spent. The Lee brothers sitting in absolute silence. Taemin knew Jonghyun was only a few compartments down as he heard Kibums cackle. He envied Jonghyun once more. The relationship he had with his brother was intense but loving while here was unable to look his brother in the eye. 
 
Once they arrived at Kings Cross station they were escorted to their portkey and were whisked away to their home. The Lee manor.