Apparation

Orchideous
 
 
Muggle London was a different world, it was much more crowded and overwhelming. Taemin had experienced the city only once before but Kai, Krystal and himself only saw the streets from the windows of the knight bus; walking on the streets and bumping into strangers was an entirely different story. He was clutching on Jonghyun's hand for dear life, he'd never been so intimidated by muggles before. Jonghyun wanted to show Taemin how he lived, let him experience life outside of Hogwarts, away from magic, away from the high walls of his manor.
 
Taemin never saw Jonghyun's face illuminated by artificial light before this trip and he was still in awe, the colors from a moving advertisement flashed over him and he looked almost surreal. To any other muggle it wasn't anything amazing, artistic or beautiful but even simple technology made Taemin gasp. 
Despite all the wonder he was uncomfortable, grateful but uncomfortable. He clung to Jonghyun and whispered in his ear as they tried to make their way down a particular busy high street. "It's as if they know I'm not one of them" he said referring to the obvious stares from many passing strangers.
 
"They're staring because you're pretty" Jonghyun gave his hand a tight squeeze; Jonghyun really wanted to get home before dark but that seemed impossible now, the sun was already going down and the rush of people on the main high street wasn't making it any easier for the couple. They were both skinny and petite teenagers that were mindlessly pushed to one side, Jonghyun was confused by the crowd, it was usually never this busy and he swore he recognized robes from Madame Mulkins swaying among the waves of muggles.
 
It was when Jonghyun was shoved hard enough to make him stagger that Taemin pulled him aside. "Isn't there another way? I'd rather not see you get trampled" he whined, Jonghyun nodded and pulled Taemin towards a back alley that was damp and dark. There was an eerie feeling looming over both of them. "Let's.......lets just go the normal way? I don't think this is a very good ide-" Taemin interrupted him by wrapping his arms around his small frame "it's okay I'll protect you" he winked, trying to lighten the mood and he would've succeeded if not for Jonghyun's anxiety.
 
"But Tae, I don't have my wand" they agreed to leave their wands hidden in Jonghyun's room so they could fully immerse themselves in a culture that wasn't completely their own.
"You won't need it" Taemin cupped Jonghyun face in his hands and traced his cheekbones, "I won't let anything happen to you, okay?"
Jonghyun nodded and they made their way down. 
Surprisingly enough nothing happened. It was only after they found themselves on a different street did panic set in for Taemin.
 
It was a whisper of "isn't that the older Lee? Or the one that doesn't matter" He physically jolted and Jonghyun noticed; he had to protect Jonghyun even if that meant blocking him out of his mind, he quickly distracted himself and began to walk faster towards an empty bus stop. He hoped and prayed any bus would come. Two men with unruly hair and ragged clothing sat close to them, eyeing Taemin as if they were trying to figure out whether he was Jinki or not. They must've been the stupidest snatchers in the wizarding world if they couldn't tell the difference between the two.
 
He cursed to himself, they were going to come for him and take him along with whomever he was with, there was no doubt about it; the worst case scenario was running through his head and it involved Jonghyun in danger. Jonghyun's face twisted in fear and within seconds he understood everything. He turned to face Taemin who was staring right back at him, he mouthed "I'm sorry" before running off with the snatchers close behind him.
Taemin sprinted and tried to maneuver his way around a city he didn't know but he was stupid, he should've stayed in the public eye but found himself on an uninhibited street. As soon as he slowed his pace he was pushed forward and his cheek was slammed into a brick wall by grubby hands.
 
"There's no point in running Lee" one hissed as the other caught up. His lungs were burning and his head was spinning, he tried to flail his arms to make an escape but he was spun around with his arms behind his back as the shorter of the two snatchers made a strike to his face. Now his lips were stinging and he felt blood dribbling down his chin. 
 
"Now which Lee are you?" His restrainer asked, Taemin spat " you" his words gargled from a bloody mouth. He was rewarded with another punch however now his abdomen was their target.
He kept quiet as the two bickered after that, "I'm certain this is the heir" "why would the heir be with a bunch of muggles? Use your ing head!" They tightened their grip on him as their argument grew more and more heated. "Why would he run if he wasn't the heir?" Then it was silent, it must've been hard, thinking for so long; Taemin would've scoffed if not for the pain. "Wait wasn't their another one with him? Where did that one run off to-"
 
Taemin snapped. He began to kick and fumble "don't touch him!" With that he was given a swift kick to his stomach. "Listen, you don't get to give us orders!" they let go of his arms and he collapsed to the floor. He heard the scream of his name and cringed; he was unable to keep Jonghyun away. "Taemin? Taemin!" He ran towards his beaten body and flashbacks of his duel with Jessica played in his mind. He'd much rather go through that again, a school yard bully was nothing compared to being kidnapped by the scornful son of a politician. Jonghyun was pushed back and landed with a thud. He was winded and struggled to catch his breath on the concrete.
 
"Was Taemin the older one?"
"I thought Taemin was the younger one?" The two began to bicker again. 
"It doesn't matter! lets just take him" Jonghyun fumbled to stand again and he reached for Taemin. They managed to lock their hands together, their rings clashing before Taemin was ripped away and apparated else where. Their fingers slipping away from each other until Jonghyun was left alone in the street. 
 
He felt a cold metal in his hand and he saw in his palm a silver ring with a triangle engraved into it. He screamed in agony when the adrenaline finally subsided.
 
*
 
The last thing Taemin remembered was Jonghyun's teary eyes. He was some what proud of himself, he managed to protect not only his brother but also his boyfriend in the most selfless way possible. Apparation itself made Taemin black out he felt himself being thrown carelessly on the ground and there was a mumble of words but the clearest thing was Jonghyun screaming for him. 
When his eyes fluttered open again, his bloodied cheek was pressed against the cool floor but he couldn't enjoy it, there was a rotting smell that he simply couldn't ignore. With great effort he managed to prop himself up, all of his limps were in scorching pain. 
 
He wasn't sure where he was but he knew it was hell. There was only torches with blue flames lighting what he assumed to be a dungeon. There were many cells that seemed to be for prisoners yet he was left in a free and empty space. Within a second he found the source of the smell. It was a corpse, a decomposing corpse; maggots and other creatures were crawling in around the grey skin to the point where the face was unrecognisable. Taemin turned away and immediately emptied the contents of his stomach.
 
"You know we have a bucket for that" a deep and somewhat familiar voice made Taemin bolt up right, before him stood a very tall, very bruised and very bald acquaintance. 
 
"Yifan?!"