You're just like Christmas day

Orchideous
 

"So you've got a boyfriend now?" Haesol asked as he and Jonghyun walked through the busy streets of London "yep" "and you want my help to get him a Christmas present?" "Yep" he felt bad for lying to Taemin, he hadn't actually bought him a present. Yet. It was on his to do list and he couldn't do it alone. Kibum would and Haesol knew almost nothing about Taemin apart from his name so therefore he was the best candidate to take Jonghyun Christmas shopping.

 
"That seems simple enough, whats he like?" 
Jonghyun remained silent as he thought about the kind of person Taemin is. People (Kibum) would often call him a brat and spoilt but Jonghyun knew him as humble. If any of his muggle friends were introduced to Taemin they would think of him as a normal person, not the son of a millionaire. He didn't wear flashy or expensive clothes and he wasn't as cocky as he'd like people to think. 
 
All in all he thought Taemin was quite simple. In a good way. 
 
"HelllllooOoo?" Haesol stood in front of Jonghyun, waving his hand in front of his face. Jonghyun realised he stopped walking and completely zoned out while thinking of Taemin. 
"Ah, I too remember what it was like to be young and in love" Haesol clutched his chest and sighed as he reminisced.
"You're only twenty one" Jonghyun scoffed and Haesol scoffed in return "yea well my soul is old" 
Jonghyun ignored Haesol's rant about his "aching bones" when something in one of the window displays caught his eye.
 
Out of all the couple rings in the display the two he saw were by far the simplest. There was no intricate design or jewels, they were two silver bands, the same in every way except one had a triangle engraved into it while the other had a square.
Jonghyun dragged Haesol into the shop without saying a word and requested to see the rings. 
The elderly woman at the counter eyed them before speaking.
"I will happily show you the rings sir, but may i ask how old he is?" 
The woman was speaking directly to Haesol while she pointed at Jonghyun.
"Oh he's fifteen" the woman's eyes widened in shock and Haesol mimicked her, realising his mistake "b-but they're not for us! We're not a couple!" He stammered out, he then laughed nervously "ha these are for his boyfriend...who is also fifteen" he added and the woman took the rings from the display and presented them to Jonghyun. 
The woman explained the displayed sizes were always smaller but after looking at Jonghyuns hands she saw no problem. The one fit perfectly on Jonghyuns ring finger and he immediately bought them.
 
Haesol would rather wait outside in the cold while Jonghyun asked for one to be wrapped and the other to be worn now. 
"Do you think he'll like it?" Jonghyun asked, he began fiddling with the ring on his finger and tried not to mess up the packaging of the other. 
 "why are you asking me I don't even know the kid" Haesol sighed "but I'm pretty sure he'll like it" 
 
*
 
It was Christmas Eve and the Lee manor was in utter silence. Taemin's parents were at some 'charity' gala and Jinki was out with friends. Ever since his older brother had turned eighteen a few weeks prior, he was barely at home. Instead he was galavanting and taking advantage of his right to legally use magic outside of school, apparating all across the country.
 
Taemin was alone as he told the house elves not to disturb him. He lit the main fireplace of the house but to him it still felt cold, he even wrapped himself in multiple blankets but found himself shivering. 
Taemin found the source of the cold was a open window he made a move to close it but was taken back by a owl swooping through, leaving a trail of snow and carrying a small, wrapped package with it. He knew it was Jonghyuns owl and this must be the Christmas present he was anticipating. With it came a letter 
 
"Dear Taemin 
Merry Christmas! I hope you like your gift, it's nothing big or fancy but I thought it might suit your taste. 
I have one that's the same! Except mine has a square. The woman said they might be small and I could get it changed if it doesn't fit. 
You don't have to wear it if you don't want to, send it back if you don't like it, I won't mind" he knew that was a lie "anyway, enjoy the rest of the holiday and happy new year
Love, Jonghyun
 
Taemin knew he was only supposed to read and open the package on Christmas Day but his curiosity got the better of him. He gently unwrapped the package and there was a box, within the box was a simple, silver ring with a triangle engraved into it. He recognised it as a couple ring and laughed to himself. He expected nothing more and nothing less from someone as sentimental as Jonghyun. He put the ring on and saw that it was a perfect fit. 
 
*
 
Authors note: aaaaaahhh this is so cheesy and so short! I'm sorry I promise the next chapter will be a long one and the gang will be at hogwarts again so yay jongtae reunion! Anyway I didn't expect this to get so much good feedback, thank you so much!