Confringo

Orchideous
Warning?(I guess): this chapter contains some one sided jongho, I'm pretty sure you could all see this coming but you know, just in case.
 

*

 
Jonghyun all but ran to the Gryfinndor tower, his heart was trying to escape from his chest with how fast it was beating. He had no idea where he found the confidence to kiss Taemin but he was glad he did. More than glad actually. He was ecstatic. It was nothing more than a completely innocent chaste kiss on the cheek but it made Jonghyun red and his breathing quicken. 
That and his disheveled appearance gave the impression that what he was doing was far from innocent. Minho was the first to see him. He knew Jonghyun would congratulate Taemin but he didn't expect to see his best friend return looking so flustered. 
It stirred the jealousy that he had been trying to repress for so long.
 
Minho has protected, cared for and loved Jonghyun although he would never expect anything in return he couldn't help but feel angry. He had never considered Taemin a rival before the start of the year but now it was a concept that wouldn't leave his mind. 
Minho and Taemin were both purebloods but Taemin came from a esteemed and wealthy family while Minho was rather poor, they didn't have an estate or live in or a manor in fact as a child Minho remembers all of his siblings sleeping in one room, he thought it was his parents idea of bringing the Choi siblings closer but as he grew older he became more aware of his family's financial struggles. 
 
Minho was extremely good at quidditch and so was Taemin. Minho was a chaser while Taemin was a seeker, they played in completely different positions but their houses were known for their intense rivalry. He vowed to play his absolute best when Slytherin were to play Gryffindor (and perhaps do a few tricks on his broom) 
 
Minho was quite confident in his looks but seeing the one you love practically fawn over someone equally as attractive was slowly chipping away at his self esteem. 
 
It was obvious Jonghyun had feelings for Taemin. They weren't a couple but they were something, something that Minho couldn't penetrate, something he knew he wouldn't be able to break and it infuriated him to no end. Before the start of the year the only memories Jonghyun had of Taemin was a spoilt, classist brat that pushed him around, "so why" Minho thought desperately "why him and not me? I've stuck by him for so long, we could be so good together
 
Minho would usually put on a brave face in these situations, it up for Jonghyun's sake but he didn't this time. "Min? Are you okay?" Jonghyun asked obviously concerned. Minho hadn't stopped frowning since Jonghyun entered the common room and it was rather unnerving. Minho shrugged him off, still frowning and held Jonghyuns face in his hands. Jonghyun stared at him in confusion before Minho smoothened out Jonghyuns hair. To Jonghyun it was a normal, platonic gesture but to Minho it meant much more. 
 
Minho was kind and understanding and he would never want to go back on his word but jealously could start wars, cause chaos and even change Choi Minho's mind. Everyone deserved a second chance, everyone except Lee Taemin. 
 
*
 
Jonghyun and Minho were walking side by side in a crowed corridor, Minho acted as a shield; or at least tried to as well as guiding Jonghyun though the crowd "I'm not a child, Min. I can walk just fine" Jonghyun sighed as he and Minho struggled to get past the large group of students when suddenly they separated. 
Jonghyun didn't notice as he was too busy in his own world. 
All the students kept to the walls and even Minho was swept away by them until Jonghyun was the only one standing in the middle of the corridor. He continued walking and became incredibly confused as he only heard his footsteps and the struggle to get past people was no longer there. 
 
He looked up to see students eyeing him, whispering behind their hands. he turned around and came face to face with Jung Jessica's cheshire cat smile. 
 
"Hey Jjongie" 
 
*
 
Taemin was by his garden. Alone. The trees around his secluded garden were all losing their leaves while his trees and his flowers were still as vibrant as ever, he had Shindong to thank for that. Even in winter, when snow covered the school grounds and the black lake froze over; everything remained green. He payed close attention to the Diphylleia grayi that were growing, they were very small and could easily be missed but they were still Taemin's favourite. 
 
They weren't classically beautiful like a rose nor were they as fragrant as the jasmine Taemin's mother used to adorn the Lee manor but when it rained he believed this flower was the most beautiful. It's petals were white when dry but in rain they would become transparent, maybe it was the uniqueness of the skeleton flower or maybe it was symbolic of something more, Taemin wasn't the type to dwell on such things and instead decided to bask in his garden. He leaned against one of the bushes and his hair became wet because of the undisturbed dew but he didn't mind.
 
He felt a pang in his heart and his peace was ruined. He didn't know where it came from but for a split second he felt intimidated, embarrassed and most of all scared. He rose to his feet once his own emotions came back to him. A gust of wind passed him and with it he heard a whisper, the simple "Jonghyun" sent him racing back to the castle. 
 
*
 
"You're so cute, you know that?" 
 
Jessica held Jonghyuns chin in her small hand, she wasn't taller than him but with the heels she was wearing (that most definitely violated school uniform) they were the same height. 
Jonghyun didn't know what else to say other than "t-thank yo-you" 
"I can see why Lee gets so distracted now, you're just adorable!" She pinched his cheek and Jonghyun was feeling more than uncomfortable, Jessica nails were long and caused a slight pinch which made him wince.
 
The crowd of students had long since disappeared, driven away by Jessica's "there's nothing to see here!" Only a few stayed behind, curious to see the ice princess's intentions, as was Jonghyun. He had never spoken to her nor had he ever even made direct eye contact with her until now.
Minho was pulled away by one of her friends, Kwon Yuri, claiming Jonghyun would be fine and Jessica just wanted to talk. He was hesitant but Jonghyuns earlier outburst made him think that Jonghyun didn't need to and didn't want to be babied at the moment. 
 
"if I didn't have Kris I would-" "you would what!" Came the booming voice of Taemin who was immediately at Jonghyuns side, staring Jessica down. "You're so protective Lee, I was just playing with him. No need to go all alpha male on me, are you forgetting who's actually in charge here?" Jessica was palming her wand that was tucked into the side of her robes. Taemin took it a step further and grasped his own wand. 
Jonghyuns eyes widened and he placed himself behind Taemin gripping his robes "what are you doing!" He hissed.
Jessica heard this and smirked "aw how cute! Jjongie you don't have to hide behind that idiot come here let Noona protect you" she cooed just so she could see Jonghyuns fearful expression. This only infuriated Taemin more and he drew his wand, pointing it directly at Jessica, she smirked and did the same.
He has had enough. This was the first time in Taemin's life that he wasn't afraid or intimated by her. There was a warmth pressed against his back and adrenaline flowed into him. "Why don't you leave him alone and worry about your own boyfriend! Oh wait! Didn't he leave? Why are you still here?!" The question threw her off and wiped the smirk off her face but she quickly regained her composure and held her form. 
"Seriously Jessica, why didn't you follow him!" Taemin snarled "don't act like you know me Lee!" Her voice was stern but her hand began to shake. Taemin didn't stop. "you should be in beauxbatons by now! But you're here instead acting like you're so much better than all of us when you're not!" A new crowd of students surrounded them. The only other person that attempted to stand up to Jessica was Sehun but no one took him seriously. Taemin was more respectable and he was only saying the truth. 
 
"As a pureblood I would expect you to know but it seems you're parents really don't give a about you, they don't even care enough to tell you. It's sad really" Jessica said now completely calm. 
 
Time stood still for a moment, the mention of his parents, her smug attitude, her harassing Jonghyun. It sent him over the edge and with the flick of his wand, he cast the first spell.  
"Expelliarmus!" But Jessica with wandless and wordless magic deflected his attack. "Jjongie, unless you want that pretty little face of yours scarred I suggest you move" but he stayed in place, it was Taemin pushing him to the side and into Minho's arms that made him move. 
He decided disarmament wasn't going to work on a witch two years his senior. 
"Stupify! Stupify! Stupify!" Taemin would shout but each spell would only bounce off her. 
Jessica only muttered "Confringo" and with that Taemin was blasted backwards, he hit his head against the stone of the floor with a thug and was unconscious, his entire body was covered in small bleeding cuts and small scorch marks to match. Jessica would never intend to kill only to rough him up a bit and reestablish her dominance. 
 
Jonghyun forced his way out of Minho's arms and cradled Taemin's  body to his own, already sobbing, he frantically reached for his wand in an attempt to heal him. 
"That won't be necessary, Mr. Kim. Madame Park will make sure he's attended to" said the voice of the Gryffindor head of house, professor Kwon. Taemin was levitated away, Jonghyun following close behind. 
 
She now turned her attention to an unapologetic looking Jessica. "Miss Jung! What have I told you about fighting!" 
Jessica then covered her face and sniffed "professor! He just came at me out of no where! I was just trying to defend myself!" She said in a pitiful voice but professor Kwon was having none of it, "Soo Man. Now" 
Jessica huffed but marched her way to the headmasters office none the less. 
Professor Kwon scanned the students "well? Get back to lessons!" She ordered and the crowd disappeared once more.