Taeminnie has a boyfriend

Orchideous

 

Lee Jinki was pacing in the heads dormitory. His thoughts were occupied by his younger brother. It has been almost two months since school has started and it seems the younger Lee had actually taken the initiative and found himself a tutor. 
Of course Jinki had faith in his brother but he wasn't expecting this result. He was planing for Seohyun to tutor him but it seems Taemin had already arranged for Kim Jonghyun to assist him. 
 
Jinki knew of Jonghyun but has never spoken a word to him. His marks were impressive (for a Gryfinndor) and were always a controversial topic in the Ravenclaw common room. 
 
Jinki decided to invite the younger Gryfinndor to the dormitory for a simple 'chat' about his brother, to see if he was truly improving or not and whether Jonghyun was suitable to help Taemin. 
Tiffany was busy decorating the great hall for the Halloween feast so Jinki was left alone. Pacing. Glancing at the clock every few minutes while he waited for Jonghyun. He had given Jonghyun a temporary password for the dorm when he was walking out of one of his classes telling him "Jonghyun-ssi, meet me at the heads dormitory before dinner. There are things we need to discuss" 
He hoped he didn't come across as too intimidating but as the portrait entrance opened and a petite gryfinndor timidly stepped in, he dismissed his previous thought. 
 
"Ah Jonghyun-ssi, I've been expecting you, why don't you have a seat?" Jinki directed Jonghyun to one of the sofas in the common room. Jonghyun sat in silence he was growing more and more anxious and looked completely uncomfortable. Jinki realised why and immediately explained himself "oh don't worry you're not in trouble! I just wanted to talk about Taemin" at the mention of Taemin's name Jonghyun eyes lit up. Quite literally, Jinki saw what he thought was a flash of blue in Jonghyun eyes. It lasted less than a second before they were their normal brown. 
 
"What about Taemin?" Jonghyun asked "I was just wondering how he is doing? School work wise, I haven't had the chance to catch up with him and Taemin has the habit of lying about his studies so I wanted to check in with you and hopefully know how he really is. I also want to thank you, I think it's quite noble of you to help my stupid little brother-" "excuse me Lee Jinki-ssi!" Jonghyun interrupted his eyes now flashed with anger "Taemin isn't stupid! He's actually very intelligent and a surprisingly fast learner, I assumed you of all people should know this, he just needs things to be explained differently to fully understand" Jonghyuns voice grew quieter and quieter as he continued to defend Taemin, he realised he raised his voice at the current head boy and apologised. 
"I'm sorry that was rude" he said in a soft voice. Jinki beamed at him "there's no need to apologies Jonghyun, no need at all" 
Jonghyun calmed himself and awkwardly smiled back.
"Now tell me. Is Taemin actually keeping up with his homework?" 
 
*
 
Jonghyun was making his way down to the great hall from the heads dormitory when he heard what he thought were screams of terror coming from the opposite direction. He assumed it must of been a first year that ran into one of the ghosts for the first time, he remembered his first time and laughed at the memory. When the screams didn't stop he became worried and decided to help (who he assumed was a first year) himself as no one else was on that floor.
 
When he found the source of the shrieks he couldn't contain his laughter. 
 
He saw Taemin surrounded by moths with a giggling peeves flying above his head chanting "P-R-E DOUBLE T Y! PRETTY BOY!" Taemin continued to swat at the moths that seemed to be coming from an open window. 
"Seriously peeves! This isn't funny anymore! ing stop!" He didn't notice Jonghyun until he heard him laughing. Taemin whipped around to see Jonghyun and he immediately dropped his arms to his side, his entire face became red. Many of the moths landed on him but he was too embarrassed to notice. Peeves also noticing the Gryfinndor floated beside Taemin and started chanting "Taeminnie has a boyfriend! ickle bitty Taeminnie is in loooOoove" 
 
Taemin seemed to snap out of trance by that, realising the moths were on him and yelped, started swatting at them again while screaming at the poltergeist "He's not my boyfriend! Peeves, don't make me tell my brother about this!" "Ooooooh wittle Taeminnie is going to get me in trouble with the head boOoy! ha! Ha! Hahahaha!" 
 
Jonghyun was almost in tears by how much he was laughing but decided enough was enough. 
"Avis" Jonghyun muttered as he flicked his wand. Several yellow birds sprouted from his wand, some ate while others chased the moths back through the window in which they came. Peeves saw his fun was over and frowned at Jonghyun "Taeminnie's boyfriend is no fun" and the poltergeist slipped into one of the stone walls leaving a panting Taemin and a amused Jonghyun alone. 
 
"I didn't know you were afraid of bugs" Jonghyun said trying to contain his giggles. Taemin patted himself down bitterly to check for anymore insects and when he found none he replied "well it's not really an attractive quality to have" "I think it's cute" Jonghyun said and Taemin froze once again. He missed the days when Jonghyun was a stuttering mess around him and struggled to speak to him comfortably, now he was the shy one and everything Jonghyun said or did made him nervous. He didn't understand it and it frustrated him to no end. 
 
"Peeves just gets really annoying around Halloween, well I suppose he's always annoying" this got a laugh out of Jonghyun "but when it's Halloween, that's the worst" Jonghyun nodded in understanding. He too knew of peeves antics. "If it makes you feel any better I'm afraid of spiders and don't tell anyone" Jonghyun started whispering and he stood on his tip toes to whisper in Taemin's ear "but Kibum is afraid of heights" Taemin laughed as he remembered the image of Kibum screaming his head off during their first flying lessons as first years. 
"That actually does make me feel better thanks, also thanks for you know, the bird thing but isn't that a N.E.W.T spell? We aren't supposed to know that until next year" Jonghyun smiled before brushing it off "you know that I read a lot" 
 
They Continued to speak like that as they made their way to the great hall together, exchanging stories of their fears and what they weren't afraid of. Taemin learnt that Jonghyun wasn't afraid of the dark what so ever, even as a child night was his favourite time. Jonghyun learnt that when it came to heights Taemin was fearless and it was perhaps what made him such an excellent flyer. 
 
When they arrived to the great hall they didn't even notice their hands were interlocked. As they saw the sugary display of the Halloween feast they also saw their friends seated together at the Slytherin table. Kai and Krystal were comfortably sitting across from Kibum and Minho. The four eyed the couples hands but made no comment while they greeted them. Taemin and Jonghyun sat down and let go of each other's hands and were still completely oblivious to the fact they were holding hands in the first place. Krystal leaned into Taemin and whispered a simple "Taeminnie has a boyfriend" before returning to her meal. 
 
~
 
Author note: this is a really short chapter and I'm sorry, I just wanted to get Halloween out of the way before I started quidditch season and what better way to do that than with jongtae fluff? 
 
*also Taeminnie doesn't officially have a boyfriend yet, this is just everyone around him teasing him. Holding hands doesn't = relationship*