Gryffindor vs Slytherin

Orchideous
 
 
It was the game Minho had been waiting for. Gryffindor vs Slytherin. Minho had already proven himself and his skill but this was his chance to outshine Taemin; his unaware and unwilling rival.
He assumed Jonghyun would support his own house but when he saw him sitting at the Gryfinndor table, wrapped in a Slytherin scarf (presumably Taemin's) his heart dropped. He waltzed into the great hall and tried not to let his confidence waver despite his displeasure being evident on his face.
 
When Jonghyun noticed him he pulled out a small red and gold banner and said "fighting" while he raised his fist with his free hand.
Minho smiled in response and took a seat next to him.
"So who's is this?" Minho asked as he tugged on the scarf.
"Oh well when Taemin came in this morning he gave it to me" Jonghyun blushed and looked across the great hall to where Taemin was; staring right back at him. 
Minho thought it was creepy, Taemin was always staring at them and even when he wasn't around he felt his eyes on them.
 
Minho caught his stare and Taemin's gentle expression twisted into a scowl which minho returned. 
Jonghyun then turned his attention back to him "so I gave my scarf to Bummie"
Only then did he notice Kibum sitting across from them at the table, picking at his breakfast and blushing as he was wrapped in Jonghyuns scarf; no snarky remarks, no snarls, no nothing. "He looks nice" was Minho's only thought before he diverted his attention back to Jonghyun only to see he was in the process of getting up and he made his way to the Slytherin table where he glued himself at Taemin's side.
 
It was like a punch in the stomach for Minho. 
 
But in Jonghyuns mind he was helping Minho. Jonghyun not only wanted to be close to his boyfriend but also give his best friend and his brother some alone time. He had been thinking about Kibum's words all throughout the holiday and interpreted the "he only has eyes for you" not as a "Minho loves you" but more of a "I'm jealous of how close you are with Minho because I want to be friends with him" and felt silly for thinking anything otherwise. He decided if he left Kibum and Minho alone for long enough they would notice how similar they were and start getting along.
 
Jonghyun easily integrated himself at the Slytherin table and particularly the Slytherin quidditch team, Kai and Sehun were quite found of Jonghyun, the rookies thought Taemin and him were an adorable couple, Kyuhyun couldn't care less and Jessica would dare say or do anything about Jonghyun in Taemin's presence.
She was too afraid to, not because she didn't want another duel to break out (she could easily send Taemin to the hospital wing again) but because she would trigger an anger in Taemin and he would retort with something about Kris; those words would cut her deeper than any spell ever could. Taemin wasn't so cruel and would never bring him up if a another argument broke out but she couldn't risk it again.
 
It had been months since she last saw her boyfriend/fiancé and weeks since she heard from him. she had no idea whether he was dead or alive and there was no news about him or Jaejoong. She was frustrated beyond belief that the aurors looking for them, as well as many other pureblood children still missing, were completely useless. 
She was tired, angry and devastated and although Taemin would never say so to her face, he felt sorry for her and tried his best not to purposely cause trouble.
 
She had dark circles under her eyes that could rival Jonghyun's and red eyes that could rival Sehuns. The team hadn't trained in a while because of Jessica's mourning  but that didn't damped their moods. They were determined and Taemin even more so. Taemin was never really a team player and thought the only thing that mattered was catching the snitch and he knew he would; he could feel it in his bones.
 
Jessica then groggily led the team out of the great hall. Taemin gave Jonghyun a quick peck before following the rest, Jonghyun watched as their backs went out of sight and soon so did the red backs of the Gryfinndor team. Kibum joined him after that, clearly embarrassed saying how Minho completely ignored him after Jonghyun left. 
 
"He's so rude, didn't even say anything to me. And you made me wear this stupid scarf! Don't leave me alone with him again!" He was rambling from the embarrassment.
"I'm sorry bummie, I just thought you'd like being alone with him"
Kibum knew why he felt this way and sighed "you really don't get it" but Jonghyun didn't hear him.
 
*
 
Both teams waited to be called onto the pitch and when they were the Slytherin team strutted onto the pitch; brooms in hand and no expression on their faces apart from Taemin who was smug as could be. The Gryffindor seeker was a rookie (known as Wendy) just like the Slytherin chasers and from the looks of it she was extremely nervous and shaky but she was trying her best to remain stoic. Taemin remembered Jonghyun once told him that he used to try very hard every year to become the Gryffindor seeker but was always turned down.
He contemplated flying a few circles around her for Jonghyun but he knew Jonghyun would only scold him for it later.
Despite his captain being completely out of it, she shook hands with the Gryffindor captain, Kim Hyoyeon and with three blows of a whistle they set off. 
Taemin was high above as he watched Gryfinndor score time and time again. Choi Minho being the main reason for it. 
 
He was showboating and loving every second of it, Taemin even caught him purposely flying by the stand he knew Jonghyun was seated in. It made his blood boil and he lost count of how many times Gryfinndor scored but it was getting ridiculous, the rookies were trying their best but without the powerhouse of a chaser that was Jessica they struggled to get the quaffle as Jessica was halfheartedly playing. Kyuhyun was hit with a bludger and almost knocked off his broom but was still adamant about carrying on. Yet he obviously wasn't doing that well and goal after goal went in. Taemin was beging to get frustrated but decided none of that mattered as all he needed was the snitch.
 
He was tempted to fly lower and keep an eye on the Gryffindor seeker when gold flashed right in front of him. He chased after it immediately and didn't even notice the younger seeker as she was far behind him. He concentrated on the snitch and felt a rush of another set of emotions that weren't his own. Jonghyun's happiness, excitement and pride motivated him to go even faster, as if it were even possible.
 
The wind was rushing into his face and made his eyes water but he didn't care. As he got closer the roaring of the crowds faded for him and all he could hear was the thumping of his own heartbeat.
The snitch shot downward but Taemin didn't fault neither when it shot back up. he flew straight up above the entire quidditch pitch and finally grasped the snitch.
 
As he flew down with the snitch firmly in hand, the confusion set in.
"Lee Taemin has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins!"
He thought it was a slip of the tongue but as he saw the final score the disappointment hit him.
 
Gryffindor 160-150 Slytherin.
 
The Gryffindor team scored 16 times in the space of one hour while Slytherin didn't manage to score a single time. 
 
*
 
"Taemin wait!" Jonghyun caught up with Taemin before he made his way to the dungeons. 
Taemin turned around and the frown he had been previously sporting had since disappeared without any thought. It was almost physically impossible for Taemin to frown at the sight of Jonghyun.
Jonghyun grabbed his hand as he caught his breath. 
"Congrats on catching the snitch"
Taemin groaned looked away in distaste "you shouldn't congratulate me, we didn't even win in the end" 
Jonghyuns eyes widened and he grabbed Taemin's other hand, this made him face a disgruntled Jonghyun. 
 
"You shouldn't say stuff like that! You still played extremely well"
Taemin ruffled Jonghyun's hair and smiled "thanks, Jjong" 
Jonghyun blushed like crazy and as always, placed his hands on Taemin's shoulders before standing on his tip toes and pressed his lips against Taemin's awaiting ones.
Taemin was always too lazy to lean down when kissing Jonghyun.
 
The Slytherin team passed them as they made their way down to the dungeons. This made them break apart but the team had already seen them, Sehun wolf whistled at the couple and Kai showed his approval with a thumbs up, Joy and Yerim passed by while giggling and waving at Jonghyun and Kyuhyun didn't even look at them. Jessica was the last to pass them, she glared daggers at them which Taemin returned. She stalked away before either of them opened their mouths.
 
Jonghyun watched her awkwardly as he didn't understand her apparent jealousy. Taemin didn't dare tell him the reason of the pureblood disappearances so he wouldn't worry about him. Jonghyun was too sensitive at times and even Taemin himself wasn't worried, he wasn't important enough to his family to be kidnapped. 
Taemin would've made a joke to lighten the mood but a question then popped into his head "should I ask? Would he be offended?"
"You can ask me, whatever it is" 
Jonghyun cursed in his head (which Taemin also heard) 
It would take him a while to get used to that. 
"Well the Gryffindors are going to have a party later and I was just wondering if you wanted to go. I know you probably wouldn't because of what their celebrating! But! I just wanted to ask to be polite and I kinda want you to be there-" "you're rambling" Taemin laughed, he was amused by it and thought it was cute when Jonghyun rambled but Jonghyun lowered his head in embarrassment.
 
"I'll go" this made Jonghyuns head snap up quickly in surprise "you will?!"
"Sure, I'll just try to blend in. If you can sneak me into your common room of course?" Jonghyun nodded eagerly and gave Taemin a quick peck on the cheek before heading to the Gryffindor tower.
 
*
 
Minho was drunk.
Jonghyun had to take care of him.
It was late into the afternoon and the Gryffindor celebrations for beating their long time rivals had begun. Minho being the one responsible for scoring 14 out of the 16 goals that led them to victory, he was congratulated by multiple people and seventh years offered for him to join them in their victory ritual. One of them smuggled in a few bottles of fire whiskey and Minho was more than welcome to take part.
Jonghyun tried to keep him under control but was only brushed aside.
 
It was only now when Minho was slurring his speech and staggering slightly did he pay Jonghyun any attention. He grabbed Jonghyun's wrist and dragged him out of the common room claiming they both "needed fresh air" Jonghyun tried to tell him he was waiting for Taemin but Minho let out a raspberry at the sound of the Slytherins name.
They stalked up a set of stairs around the common room and made it to a higher part of the tower where the wind blew in through a open window. Neither were bothered enough to shut it and when Jonghyun began to shiver Minho wrapped his arm around him.  
 
Minho suddenly became serious.
"Jjong, I love you" 
"I love you too, Min. You're my best friend" 
Minho dropped his arm and let out a frustrated sigh "not like that! I love you so much Jonghyun! But you don't even care! All you care about is Lee and it's making me sick!" 
Jonghyun took a step back and Minho took one step forward "I don't understand" "let me help you understand" Minho pleaded 
"but I never knew you felt like this" "but if you did know would you feel the same way?" 
This made Jonghyun stutter as he was anxious and slightly scared "I-I wouldn't-t feel the s-s-same way you feel"
 
Minho grabbed Jonghyuns wrist again and pulled him close "just let me show you how I feel" and with that Minho leaned down and crashed his lips against an unwilling Jonghyun; faint footsteps could be heard climbing the stairs of the tower.