Chapter10

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Don't leave"
"I won't leave" you removed his hand from yours. "I'll be here soon.. I won't leave you"
You had to buy some medicine. This wouldn't work another way.
Kai's forehead was burning and he started to cough.
He took your hand again. You could feel it, how he was having nightmares. You weren't sure if he was talking to you or someone else.
You removed his wet hair from his forehead with the hand he wasn't holding.
This was going for fifteen minutes now. Whenever you tried to escape and get some medicine, he just wrapped his fingers around your arm and wouldn't let you go. 
"Kai... Do you hear me?"
"Stay here"
You wiped the sweat from his forehead.
"I'm here" you said "I won't go anywhere. I promise OK?".
He seemed to be satisfied with that answer, or his energy drained. He fell in a deep sleep. No nightmares this time .. He slept like a child.
His phone rang from outside the room.
The phone has fallen from you while you were helping Kai. 
You left Kai and went to get the phone.
It was just a number but no name.
"Oppa! Where are you? Why haven't you answered me?"
It was a girl....
"Excuse me.. Kai is asleep now.. He's very sick.. If you want to leave him a message just tell me and I'll.."
But she already hung up.
Strangely her voice was so familiar.
You called D.O
"Oh D.O.. Hi, it's me. Kai is here..he's sick, but don't worry. No no.. No need to come. I'll give him some medicine. You have work tomorrow, so leave it to me"
"You have work too tho"
"Ahh.. Well I'm kinda free these days."
"OK then.. Please take care of him and when he gets better, hit him from me, OK?"
You smiled "OK..see you then"

You went to the kitchen. Hmmm what is good for Kai's condition? Sure he needs medicine, but you had to give him something before you go.
Ginger tea. Ginger tea and keep him cool.
You went to Kai's room with the tea.. Should you wake him up or not tho?
His face was so wet by now.
You put the tea on his drawer and opened the windows... It was snowing.. 
Well.. You weren't sure if you had to close them, open them or what? Won't open windows make him sicker?
Of course they would... You closed them again.
Well then... The only way was.. To .. Get rid of some.. Clothes.
Well not like you haven't seen him before. He was shirtless in your apartment once, so taking  his sweater off won't be a problem, right? Just until you get the medication...
You went to his bed again. He was sleeping like an angel. His eyes were like raindrops and his mouth looked like a heart. You touched his forehead again.. Still burning. That's it!
You slowly started to take his sweater off. This is totally for medical reasons.. Yeah.. You were not a ert or anything. 
Heol.. His body is.. No ..shut up Zahra.. This is totally for medical purposes!!! 
You smelled the sweater..Kai.. Whoa..just now you realized what you were doing
Aish.. You put it away.. What is this? Smelling people's clothes.
"I'm going now, Kai" you whispered. "I'll be back.. I promise"
And you got out as quieter as possible.

It was snowing so hard.
Ahhhh... Where is the pharmacy in that neighborhood? If you only got out more you would know a lot of this neighborhood by now. But you only went to the park and to the nearest market. 
You were freezing to death and your hands were like two cubes of ice. You couldn't feel your feet.
Ah.. *pharmacy* finally.
You got in........
There was a girl inside buying something. She was wearing a skirt in this weather. Her hair was long and red and when you saw her your felt cold that had nothing to do with the snow outside.
You walked there fast and touched her shoulder
"Seoyun!" 
She turned around and faced you
"Excuse me?"
"Oh... I'm sorry. I've mistaken you for someone."
"What are you chincha" she paid and quickly got outside.
"What do you need miss?"
You calmed yourself down.. It was another girl.. Just a mistake.. Ugh this has to stop.
"Ah yeah..What would you prescribe for a high temperature?"

"Kai.. Wake up" 
"Mmmmmmmmm"
His eyes were still closed but seems like he heard you.
You put your hand under his head to lift him up..
"Say ah.."
He didn't move.. 
"Kai.. "
He was asleep again. But he had to take the pill.. Or else he wouldn't feel any better. You slowly lift him up and sat on his bed. Then you put his head on your lap. It was more comfortable this way.
"Kaiii...wake up!"
He nearly opened his eyes.
"Say ah" 
Maybe he saw you, and maybe not, but he opened his mouth. You put the pill in his mouth and helped him lift his head to drink some water.
He drank it and immediately closed his eyes. His face was so close now. He was beautiful. But the thought you had in your mind at that moment was.. That you want to stay next to him for a long time. To help him with whatever bad happens to him, and make only happy memories with him. 
Maybe it was the night. Because at night people change. They are not the dry, cruel people anymore. At night, the heart is what controls your actions.
But no.....you had to forget about it. He will wake up and it will be like before. He said it himself. The kiss was a mistake. You were friends and fantasizing was not on your side right now. You were losing your job.. No.. You have lost it already.
"Trainee"
His voice suddenly brought some life in that room.
"Mmm?"
"Thank you" he smiled while his eyes were closed. It made your heart pound and yes.. You have realized it.. It was already game over.
Whatever Kai's purpose of denying the rumors was, he made you fall in love with him even if it wasn't his intentions.
And you will be alright, you thought. Enduring it all and going through all the hardships together. And if he doesn't like you, you will still like him. Because that's what he has done to you. He has trapped you.
"Trainee.. Go to sleep"
"I'll stay here" you said and you played with his hair "I won't leave you"
He smiled again like an angel. 
"Be healthy Kai.. The group needs you..and d.o told me to hit you so.."
He laughed. And that was the last thing you remembered.

Exodus woke you up. You opened your eyes and yawned. ..... Kai wasn't there. It was only you on his bed and you were covered with the blanket.
You got up and walked to the music's direction.
Kai was down in the living room ... Dancing!
Daebak.. He's fine already? 
"Kai" you screamed but he didn't hear you, the music has stolen his attention for now.
"Jongin" you screamed again. Aish.
You went downstairs and then to him. 
He saw you and said something but you didn't hear him 
"WHAT?" your voice was swallowed by the loud music.
"What?" He asked back.
You took the remote and stopped the song.
"What are you doing?"
"Good morning" he laughed.
"Ya.. Go back to bed. Now!"
He laughed again.
"Won't you listen to me? Wahhhh chincha taking care of him for a few hours and now you refuse to listen to me?"
He suddenly approached you so fast and made your heart explode.
"Cute" and he pinched your cheeks.
"Huh?" You touched your cheek "wait.. I'll bring you your medicine"
"I took it already.. Let's have breakfast. And then go to work"
"Kai... You won't go to work today. Go tomorrow. You're still sick."
He ran his hand through his hair and put his hand on his waist.
"I'm in a perfect condition tho. I feel like new."
"How can you be so fragile chincha. What kind of a man is so fragile."
Kai widened his eyes.
"What? You're saying I'm not manly right now?"
You went to fix the pillows on the couch that his dog has played with.
"I'm not saying anything. But yesterday you...ya..what are you doing?"
He has grabbed your hand and pushed you only lightly, but you fell on the couch, still holding the pillow. He leaned over you making you want to run away, because the butterflies in your stomach wouldn't let you alone. But you were also curious and nervous.
"Am I not manly now?" He asked, his face was only millimiters away from yours and you looked at his eyes, trying not to move your eyes from his eyes to his nose and... Lips.
"I didn't.. Say" you tried to swallow but even that did not happen.
He smiled suddenly and it made you even more nervous.
"Let's eat" and he left you speechless while heading to the kitchen.
"Find some clothes that may fit you and take a shower... While I'm preparing breakfast." He yelled from the kitchen.
You were still speechless. What did he say? Why didn't you feel your knees?
You stood up. You h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter