Chapter15

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoyun looked at you, but whether she saw you or not, you weren't sure. She didn't seem to have recognized you in any way. She skipped the three empty chairs next to you and sat on the fourth one.

You needed nothing now, except for an explanation. 

What was happening here ?

Why did Kai have a fiancé? Why did Seoyun get out of this room when she was supposed to be in her grave, lying peacefully, why weren't you able to say a word or move an inch towards Seoyun or Kai's room.. And lastly, why did you feel so betrayed?

The feeling of betrayal swallowed you right when you heard that word.. Fiancé.

Kai... Who are you ?

You remembered your dream.. It was ages ago, Seoyun was there and she and Kai locked you in your old apartment, they let you alone in the rain. This dream was becoming true now!

You wanted to go to his room and ask him about all this, but instead, you approached Seoyun..

But you froze again.

What if this time she is real? And all the time she was real? And you were the one who wasn't ?

Was it all your imagination?

You were afraid that if you ask her something, she will answer you.. 

She was still sitting there hiding her face with her hands, her long red hair was falling on her knees. Her bag fell on the floor but she didn't pay attention.

You decided to leave her alone .. For now.

 

Kai was sleeping. He had a wound on his forehead and his left hand was bandaged with plaster. You sat beside him and held his right hand.

He opened his eyes.

"Kai.. Are you OK?"

Kai let a deep exhale staring at the ceiling, then he tried to sit.

"Rest.. Don't get up"

He sat in the bed anyways.

"How are you feeling?" You asked.

"Broken" he said. "For how long was I asleep?"

You looked at your watch

"It's been around ten minutes since I came. I don't know how long you have been here. Maybe half an hour or more."

Kai smiled but his smile was replaced with a grimace.

"I told you to tell me if someone is bothering you"

"Did something happen?" You asked. "Why are you telling me this?"

"The car brakes.. Didn't work"

"What??? But they were completely fine before"

"Yes.. But they didn't work.. I couldn't stop the car. I had to jump .."

You remembered the scooter accident and your mouth opened by itself.

"This wasn't a normal accident" Kai said "come here" and he pulled you in his hug "did something happen before or that's the only thing?"

You were still at loss of words... What if.. What if this killed him... What if he didn't leave that car and...

He was alive thank goodness... This was enough! You had to be in that car.. This was not planned for him. Kai saved your life without even knowing it.

"Thanks god it happened to be me" he said still hugging you tight with one hand.

"Kai..."

It was time he explains everything. You knew he was tired. You were happy he was here, next to you, alive.... But if there was something you had to know.. If he was hiding something big like..

"You're engaged"

Kai froze and his breath died in his chest.

"Aren't you?"

You released yourself from his hug to look at his face.

"How did you.. I'm not.."

"I saw your fiance, Kai" you said "but..."

"Zahra" Kai interrupted "she is not engaged to me.. "

"Oppa how can you say this?"

Seoyun was still tearing when she entered the room.

"Semi" Kai said "what are you doing here? Please leave.. "

"Semi?" You asked. "Please someone explain this"

You stood up.

The door was open and exo Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O and Suho entered the room.. They all seemed really worried.

"Kai, your parents are on their way" said Chanyeol.

Kai frowned.

"Why did you tell them?"

"How can we hide this?" Baek said "your mom is really worried"

"Of course she will be.. You shouldn't have told her.. It's nothing"

"Waaah why did we come? You haven't changed" Chanyeol sat on one of the couches.

"Yeah you're totally the same.. Are you sure you had an accident?" Suho laughed 

"Just a broken hand and you go to the hospital like a crybaby" Baek said.

But kai didn't smile, leaving a heavy atmosphere in the room.

Just now they saw you and Seoyun.

You were staring at her the entire time.

She spoke. 

Kai heard her.

Therefore.. She was real!?

Then that made you a crazy person!

Dead Seoyun kept on popping in your mind the way you saw her at the same hospital, two months ago, more or less.. Her face at that time was so deformed, but now.. She was even prettier than before. You didn't want her dead at that time.. You didn't want her to be dead now too.. Even if she wrote all those harsh words in her diary.. No matter how much she hated you without a reason, you weren't wishing her death.

But now how was she here as if nothing ever happened?

When the others noticed Seoyun, she bowed.

"I'll be going now" Seoyun said "please feel comfortable.." Then threw a final look at Kai "get well"

She turned around and left the room as the others were still staring at her, then at Kai, but he didn't say a word.

"Did we miss something?" D.O asked "is she your savior?"

You wanted to hear it now.

"She's a person I know" Kai said.

"Excuse me, everyone" you said and before anyone stops you or Kai calls your name, you left the room.

If Kai refused to tell you, you thought, then you will know the whole story from Seoyun. You can both be enemies now for real, you can te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter