Chapter16

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The young woman entered the house and after she closed the door, you left the corner you were hiding behind. She was the same woman from last night.

She was young, and pretty... But you have never seen her so far.

This face was new for you. 

Your phone vibrated in your pocket. You removed the mask that was covering your mouth.

"D.O what is it?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm working" you said.

"At 9pm?"

"Yes wae?"

D.O shut up and you could feel his "this is hopeless" expression.

"You believe I'll believe what you've just said?"

"You have to believe what I believe you'll believe about what I've said" you were serious, but he was annoyed.

"Tell me where are you? If you're at your apartment, please open the door"

"I know it's not you" you said "it's Kai who's there."

"You're busted" D.O laughed.

"What?"

"So you're at your apartment!"

"D.O.. I have to hang up"

"I know you're running away.. But don't"

Please D.O.. I have more important things to do at the moment.

Another car arrived and you hid again.

"I'm not running away"

"Then why are you avoiding him?"

"Because he has a wife."

D.O's strong exhale could be felt through the phone.. You even felt a little bit of a wind? Ah this was the weather.

"She's not a wife.. Listen let's meet"

"I don't need any explanations."

Because if Kai captured your heart, you knew his future will be over.

Those sasaengs won't leave him alone and one day the same mistake will occur and he will be killed. 

Stay cold, Zahra.

"Meet me tomorrow at 2"

"I have work tomorrow"

"Should I tell Kai about your current work?"

"NO!"

"He looked for you in SM too"

"Tell him to stay with his wife and.."

"Zahra ssi! I know this story is really absurd. But you have to believe me, Kai doesn't like this girl."

Ssi? When D.O used formal language, it must be serious.

"But he has to marry her one day" you said 

Ahh.. That car stopped but no one was getting out.. What on earth?

Should you capture the number?

If D.O could only end that call.

There was only one way to make him end that call.

"Where should I meet you?"your head was about to explode.. You had to know who's in that car.

"Meet me in the national library"

"What time?" 

Perfect place, Kyungsoo... You get five stars, you thought, still looking at the car.

"Whenever you like"

The girl who entered the house first, came out and the car's window was opened. But you couldn't see the car owner. The woman said something to the car owner and the window was closed again.

Aishh...

"I'm free tomorrow at 8am before work"

"See you then"

The girl got back in the house.

"Yes see you, bye, annyeong" you hung up almost killing your phone and opened the camera fast as thunder.

The car slowly drove down and you tried to zoom in and capture its number.

"Zoom in please, zoom in"

And the phone shut down.

NOO!

You cursed at your phone for being such a jerk.

And of course.. The car was gone.

Ahhh..you were ready to pull your hair until you get bald, or clean all the snow from the streets, using a fork. This was so unfair.

You're not a main role, Zahra, you thought still looking at your pathetic phone,you were a supporting role.. they always get all the bad luck. 

"I pity you really!" You said to your phone "you're pathetic.. You make me seem pathetic like you, you little traitor" whispering to your phone like a mad person.

How could it shut down in the most important moment when you needed it more than anything? You thought your luck couldn't get any worse these two days... But it did. It was getting worse and worse with every hour.

 

These two days were hell.

You devoted the night you 'broke up' with Kai for crying and gathering your thoughts.

And then you have fallen asleep.

But when you woke up the next day, your thoughts were clear and your heart was in peace.

It was time you do something about this sasaeng.. Before she does something crazier, if this was even possible.

You had to find the person who almost killed him.

Today was the second day after Kai got injured, and well, he tried to call you more than 50 times, but you cut him off.

The thing that amazed you the most about yourself was that you didn't even mind Semi or anyone.

You just had to stay away from Kai and let him live his life.

And you were not searching for that crazy sasaeng out of love or something, no no. It was just pure curiosity and an urge to ruin her life.. Well, or his.. Because it might be a boy too, although you hardly believed so.

 

You covered your mouth with the mask again and went on the street.

This was the neighborhood you got thrown with eggs a while ago. This was the place you were starting with. And you also searched for the phone number that contacted you that day, but no one picked up.

But that didn't stop you from sending a message 

~ Annyeonghaseyo. You may not remember me, but I delivered some bulgogi to your house a while ago. I would like to meet you and ask you a few questions, concerning your neighbors. Nothing private. If you can help me I will be thankful.

Regards ~

But you didn't get an answer. And you were afraid to show yourself at day and search for the girl you delivered to.

So instead.. It was your second day waiting and spying from that corner.

And the pretty girl, who was the owner of the house from which the eggs were thrown, came back home at 9pm.

At least those two days.

You were not sure if the person who bombed you with eggs was the same one who messed with the brakes of your scooter and then your car.. 

You were sure now the scooter accident was not a coincidence.

You should have died that day according to your Hater's calculations.

 

While revising all this in your mind, your feet have been slowly leading you to the bus station. 

When the bus arrived you sat on the last seat and put your headphones on your ears.

You played untitled.

This song.. You could not delete it. You were ready to delete everything, but not this. Because it was the only thing you had that made your mind clear, in some way.

Your phone rang. "Chicken partner".. Ah it was Kai again.. Why was he trying so hard? And why was D.O so obsessed with the idea that he does not like the girl? Didn't he have the slightest idea about how dangerous it would be for Kai to keep on dating you!

Only D.O acted like this. You remembered that night again...

 

In front of the hospital you were, staring at your phone, and about to delete that song,and the taxi driver was waiting for you patiently, when a hand took the phone from your hands.

"I think you should come back inside." D.O said.

You tried to take your phone back.

"Don't tell me what I have to do" you said. "You saw what happened and his .. Fiance.. Told me about it all"

"What did she tell you? That Kai is engaged to her and they love each other to death? I bet she hasn't told you half the story"

"I don't wanna hear any stories, D.O" you said "Kai has lied to me this entire time.. You think I can swallow this?"

"I'll help you recover, Zahra" Chanyeol popped out of nowhere. "I agree with you, that what Kai did is unforgivable"

"Chanyeol!" D.O seemed to be mad.

"Yes, Kyungsoo.. He hasn't even told us. Why would he hide such a thing from us?"

You nodded.. At least someone shared your opinion.

"This girl.. I don't think he likes her" Chanyeol went on "but hiding it still.."

"Chanyeol.." D.O talked as if you were not there" He didn't want another Hyori.. He's afraid to lose everything so he hides anything that can threaten them.. Even the rumors, I'm sure he didn't confirm them for the same reason..."

"Zahra is not Hyori" Chanyeol said with a teared voice.

"Miss, are you getting in?" The driver yelled.

You grabbed your phone from D.O's hand and bowed.

Chanyeol and D.O bowed back and you finally got in the taxi.

 

And when you got home after that night, the first thing you did was to open Seoyun's diary again. And you didn't find anything. All hopeless.. She wrote no where that she had a sister.

This made you even more mad. You weren't sure if you were madder at Seoyun or her sister. The first one has left your life in a way that almost made you forget about Kai, well, at least before you saw that diary.. The second one entered your life, making you remove Kai from it. Daebak twins. Their appearance was always connected to Kai.

You arrived at your stop and got off the bus.

The neighborhood was quiet at this hour. It was 09:43 pm.

You went to your apartment on the second floor and locked the door.

Then you opened your laptop.

Kai's accident has flooded the web. Fans wished him a fast recovery, haters were discussing how drunk he was, when he drove that car. Others claimed he was on a date with a girl and tried to commit suicide after they broke up.

Different rumors were being spread, and the stories were becoming more and more absurd.

You shut down the laptop and went to sleep. It was a long day tomorrow and you had to see D.O at 8am.

 

"Where are you?"

"Second floor" D.O whispered.

"What kind of a place have you chosen? I feel like a creeper."

"Don't you read books?"

"Well i do but.. I don't think this is a place for meetings"

"Wait" D.O's voice made you stop walking back and forth.

"What?"

"Are you at the autrium right now?"

"Kinda?"

"Where are you?"

Emm.. Still home..

"Well.."

"You're still not here, are you?"

You bit your lower lip. It was 8:30 when you woke up. You had no choice but to not take a shower and you skipped breakfast..again.

"It's 8:40" D.O's voice was calm, but you knew inside he wasn't.

"I know.. Sorry.. D.O listen.. Can't we postpone it? I have to go to work"

"You're running away"

You took a deep breath. When D.O said these words you always felt so angry without a reason.

"I'm not running away" you said, your nerves nearly about to explode.

"Don't be like Jongin." He continued "he runs away from every problem that he faces, but this doesn't mean you have to be the same"

"Listen D.O, I'm really tired of this. I'm really not running away and I'm really busy.. Not a lie.. If you keep on telling me the same thing every time you call me, I can simply ignore your calls"

D.O was silent. Were you too harsh? How come three days have changed you like this? Because I can't break now, you though. 

You decided to add something.

"D.O it's just that.." 

But he hung up?

"D.O? Yeobosseyo? Y..Yaaa"

You threw your phone on the bed and searched for some clothes.

 

There were no clients today. Not so busy after all....

Seoul was so empty. It was the fourth day of the holiday, so a lot of families have gone to the villages and provinces to visit their families. But this silence in the city was peaceful. You liked it, even tho the day was long and boring.

Your phone rang and it was Kai.

"No phones at work" your chef yelled 

You shut your phone down.

You went outside. It was sunny today. You put your sunglasses on, but you soon came back in, the sun was blinding you even with the sunglasses on.

You were standing in front of the counter doing nothing.

It was 1:37pm when you checked your watch.

Hitting your foot into the ground, you looked at the ceiling. It was the first time you have noticed it was made of wood.

You slowly turned your eyes towards the chef and took your phone out of the pocket of your uniform even more slowly.

Feeling like a slow motioned movie, while still looking at your chef with the corner of your eyes, you the phone.

Hopefully your chef doesn't notice, you stared at the screen.

"No phones at work" your chef yelled which made you jump in your place.

You put your phone back in your pocket so hard, that... You ripped it and the phone fell on the floor.

"Shhh...."

"No cursing at work" your chef yelled 

"I was not cursing.. I'm sorry" you bowed 

"No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter