Chapter17

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?" 

Omo.. What should your answer be?

Kai looked so scary.. Like a wolf.. You have never seen him so scary before.

"Working" you put your helmet on with the most confident moves you could make.

While he was heading toward where you were standing, you analyzed his condition for those few seconds.

His face looked well.. Like he slept well. His hand was still bandaged. Oh.. So it still hasn't healed.

If Semi ssi sees this, you thought.. She will go crazy.

You told her you and Kai were only friends.... Oh wait.... You actually said "sth like this", so she shouldn't be mad at you.. You didn't lie or anything.

Unlike what Kai did.

"Let's talk" he said taking your hand.

"Let me go. And stop spreading false rumors."

He let off your hand so you fixed the plastic bags.

"They're not rumors now" he said "you have no choice now"

"Are you forcing me now to date you just because you want to run away from another problem of yours?"

Your nerves were like a soup now. A very bitter nasty soup boiling in your head.

And what you wanted to do the most, was to take what's inside those plastic bags you had to deliver, and pour it on Kai's face.

He was injured but he was acting like this? 

For your surprise, Kai got on the scooter.

"Come" he said 

"I'm not going anywhere with you" you said.

"You want us to talk here then? We have audience."

And now you realized people were all watching you two. That hit you like a hammer. It would look like Kai's girlfriend is disrespectable and a brat this way.. 

Even tho you preferred to eat a raw egg, you sat behind Kai. He held the scooter's holds with only one hand and drove.

Kai stopped in a place with no people in it. It was a grass area next to a river. The grass was so dark under the little pieces of snow covering the ground.

He got off the scooter and gave you a hand, which you didn't accept.

When you got off and removed your helmet, removed the hair that went into your eyes, but the wind was strong here, so there was no use of that, and glared at Kai like a an angry cat.

He only took your helmet from your hands.

"Deny it." You insisted "that we're dating. We all know why you did it"

"I did it because I care about you"

"You did it because you're selfish"

Did that hurt him or it was his hand? You wanted to comfort him, but you had to stay raw like this. For his own good.

"I want you to be mine" kai's face became less cruel now.

"At first" he said "I won't lie.. I didn't like you.. You're not my type.."

You were OK with the wind now. This was expected but when he said it like this, directly, it opened a wound that you didn't know existed. You decided not to say anything until he ends what he's got to say.

"I am engaged I can't deny it.. Not officially but our parents won't back off their plans. 

At first.. I just wanted to use you. But not anymore."

You opened your mouth to say something.

"Now it's different" he continued "for me ...you are.."

"I'm what?"

"Everything."

"So our first kiss.. It was fake?"

He didn't look at your eyes, but he nodded.

"It was fake."

"Then I guess it's over for real" you laughed "waaah.. You know what I hate the most? Fake people. People who pretend to be swans, but in reality, they're foxes."

"Trainee, you can blame me all you want." Kai looked as if he knew you would react like this." Hate me all you want, curse me all you want, hit me if you want.. But that won't change anything. My feelings are sincere.. I'm not good at expressing myself but I will say this: even if you hate me, I'll be there. And the the more you hate me, the closer I'll come.."

You threw a look on the river.. You just needed to avoid his face right now.

It looked blue and chilly. You could see some cracks on the ice and in some places there was no ice at all.

"Your feelings changed you say? Since when?"

"I don't know.."

"You don't know?"

"It just happened. Maybe you were everything even before I realize it."

"Kai... You don't love me."

"I do."

"You can't even say it."

Kai scratched his neck.

"You have never said you love me or like me.. I don't just hate fakes, I also hate liars. I know I don't mean anything to you"

"Then why do you think I shared we are dating? You think I did that to play? D.O told me about how you thought I want to hide it.. Zahra, why would I hide it? The only reason i hid it, was because i would lose you..I don't want to hide it anymore.."

"I don't want to be with you anymore."

"You gave up your home and your work for me.. Are you an idiot? To not date me?"

"I didn't quit because of you" you were getting mad now.. At Kai and D.O... Why was d.o such a gossiper?

"I quit because I want to."

Kai put his hand on your shoulder.

"Forgive me... For everything I did to you! Let me be with you for one last time..and after it let's switch roles. I'll lose everything. I will even lose you.. And you'll live. I promise you I'll get you back to work and I'll protect you and.."

"Kai.. Stop this. You're engaged."

"That's why I want to stay with you" he sounded desperate it almost gave you a headache "just until.. "

"Until what?" You didn't want to hear it but if you heard what you thought he would say.. 

"Until what?" You repeated.

"Zahra.. Until I get married.. Stay with me!"

You slapped him hard.

"Now I know for sure

You only love yourself."

He didn't say anything.. Didn't even put his hand on his burning cheek.

"You haven't changed a bit.. "

"Stay with me" he repeated .

"If you say this one more time you're dead. You wonder why Hyori left you? That's the reason.. Because you're a selfish jerk"

When he heard Hyori, he was at loss of words.

"What?"

"You wonder why people leave you this easily..I wondered about it too, Kai.. But now I finally figured it out. You won't ever love someone."

"How did you know about.."

"The first night you came in my apartment drunk and you mentioned her name. Does it even matter?"

"How can you speak like this?"

"Speak like what?? I don't know what happened between you, but you should stop hurting us both, me and Semi ssi. We have nothing to do with your love stories so don't get us involved."

"You don't know anything" kai said.

"You think I want to know now? Go and force her to date you, just like what you're doing righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter