Chapter 12

Teach Me How To Love

Seoyoun's P.O.V

Just like Youngjin.

The same sentence repeated in my head. 

It was true though. I surely couldn't do anything about him now, but at least I could make Sophia happy. At least Sungha won't have the same fate as Youngjin did. At least Sophia won't have the same heartbreaking route as me. Was it really worth it though? I looked up at the sky, a tear rolling down my cheek.

I hope you're happy as Youngjin. I'll join you someday, and we'll continue where we left off. I promise.

 

"So, I heard you were the one that killed off Hyungjoon and Minho." I wiped my tears away and turned around.

 

"I'm guessing you're part of them, but I have never seen you before." 

 

"We've just been recruited. I'm Jinhoo, the guy on my left is Hwanhee, and the the guy on my right is Sunyoul." I sighed, and nodded. My heart still heavy at the thoughts of Youngjin.

 

"Well, what do you want?"

 

"We were supposed to get some kind of information." Hwanhee said with a bit of a shaking voice.

 

"Well, sorry. I wasn't joking when I told you I don't have it. The person who has it hid it far away - we don't even know where he is now. He's probably somewhere in the U.S or something." I looked at them, and the trio was already sharing looks of confusion.

 

"Why are you telling us?" Jinhoo asked me.

 

"Honestly, the information isn't even that importnat. There's no point for you to get it. At least not now, maybe it would've been worth it a couple of months ago."

 

"You just told us more." Hwanhee pointed out. 

 

"Yea..I'm just not really in a mood to fight. Plus, as I told you, the information isn't important. By any means, please get away from this thing as fast as you can. It's a cruel cycle." I bit my bottom lip, voice cracking. Damn it Youngjin. Are you here or something?

 

"...do you want to talk about it?" I looked up to see the guy who was quiet all this time.

 

"What?" All 3 of us asked him.

 

"It seems she's having a time, so why not listen to her story?" Sunyoul shrugged off the judging look he was getting from Hwanhee.

 

"Just go do the other thing without me, and I guess we'll just tell boss that it was taking a long time to get the information from her. You know, the one we just got?" 

 

"Oh..okay. Well, see you back at the hangout." Jinhoo pat Sunyoul's back and proceeded to walk away with Hwanhee.

 

"So..wanna sit down?" I looked at the beaming kid, who was already sitting down on the bench.

 

"Why are you being like this?" I asked, suspicious of his motives.

 

"I don't know. It's just in my personality? So, back to you. What's so bad that made you just spill the information? Chunji hyung said you were going to fight back, so he armed us." I chuckled a bit when he pulled out the gun from his pocket.

 

"Well, I left my gun at my house..it's not going good so far. We made some recent changes, and well..I don't know. It's a lot." He only nodded understandingly.

 

"Yea, I know how you feel. Family troubles, am I right?" He offered me a bit of a bitter, yet sweet smile.

 

"Well, not really.."

 

"Chunji hyung also said that you're a pretty stubborn person, so I guess I have a lot of time." I cracked an actual smile at that. Sunyoul's smile only grew bigger.

 

"Okay, then...don't blame me if you start dozing off."

 

"Trust me, I won't." I took a deep breath, and I knew I shouldn't be saying this, but something inside me told me that I should tell him, so I did. My gut instincts were almost never wrong.

 

Jihoon's P.O.V

"Wow, you are a jerk." 

 

"So much for being supportive. " Soonyoung had just finished telling me the story of what happened, and that's the first thing I thought of: he was a jerk for doing that. 

 

"Anyways, just appologize to her."

 

"I know, but Jihoon here's the thing, she won't accept it. She won't even talk to me. You saw how she pushed me away this morning."

 

"Actually, bro? She shoved you." 

 

"Jihoon, please. Your sarcastic comments aren't helping."

 

"Sorry, Soonyoung. You'll figure it out. We should probably focus on finding Seoyoun though. It's been over 2 hours." I nodded in agreement. That's when I stopped in my tracks.

 

"Hey, Jihoon? Isn't that her over there?" I pulled on Jihoon's arm. He also stopped and widened his eyes.

 

"Let's run." 

 

 

Seoyoun's P.O.V

"Just kill me, already. Please, Sunyoul. I can't bear the pain anymore." It had been just over 5 minutes since I've told Sunyoul my life story. My voice was already cracked. He only shook his head, and took the gun away from me.

 

"You shouldn't kill yourself over that. No matter how much you're at fault. Well, you say it was your fault, but it wasn't your fault."

 

"No one likes me, aside from my family. Even Hyoyeon..I don't think she likes me anymore. Her parents got murdered because of me, and who knows what will happen to Haemin?" I bit back a tear, standing up as I started to freak out. 

 

"Calm down. Take a deep breath. I can tell you to rest assured. Haemin is being watched by Bitto and Kogyeol. They're not going to do anything. Xiao even sometimes comes by to feed him more food." He also stood up, putting a hand on my shoulder.

 

"I can't..and I just...you should've seen the look on Soonyoung's face when I told him. I shouldn't have told him. I don't know why I did. All I did was get hurt again. I don't want to see him either, but now I have to because he's one of the best friends of the girl's brother. Did I forget to add that her brother is one ing jerk, and probably would have my head if he could?" At this point, I started crying, and I knew why. My emotions were coming back. I was beginning to start being empathetic again.

 

He didn't say anything, but he engulfed me in a hug. It was comforting, and the scent he had wasn't too overbearing. It was nice..it felt calming..very relaxing. I took a deep breath, and I started to feel calmed. I wrapped my arms around him and became less tense. We stayed there for a few seconds. There was a light breeze that picked up my hair, gently making it sway.

 

"Seoyoun, there you were! We were trying to find you!" I knew who it was. I knew who he was. I also figured out who was there with Jihoon. Sunyoul, who didn't know, started to pull away. I only tightened my grip on him.

 

"Please..just send them away. I..I want to stay like this for a moment." I snuggled into his chest even more, taking in more of his calming aura. He wrapped one arm around my shoulder.

 

"Sorry, guys. I don't think she wants to see you..not now. I'll bring her home safely, so just trust me and go home already. I'd hate to use violence." 

 

"Well, we're counting on you, kind sir..wait..you are a sir, right? Soonyoung, doesn't he look like our age?" I felt Sunyoul scoff and Jihoon's words, but I couldn't care less. I just wanted them to be gone. 

 

"Excuse me, but you're the one that's as small as a elementary student. Are you even taller than Seoyoun?" 

 

"Jihoon, let's go. He said he'll bring her safe." 

 

"You got lucky this time. Be thankful to Soonyoung." 

 

"Bye kids." 

 

"Are they gone?" I asked once I felt it was safe. 

 

"Yea, they're gone." I pulled away from him and we sat back down.

 

"He was the guy...Soonyoung. The taller kid, not the short one." He chuckled.

 

"Yea..I figured." 

 

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

 

"I just feel like..I don't know actually. I just feel like I should be. I don't really know you, but I think I know enough about you to call you a friend." I looked at him strangely.

 

"W-what?" 

 

"I know we're in different groups that want the same thing, but that doesn't mean all of us are evil. Let's be friends, okay? Give me your number. We'll stay in contact in secret. If you need anything, text me." The smile he gave me was so supportive. I didn't know what to say, so I just hugged him. 

 

"I-I don't usually open up this easily. T-thank you, Sunyoul." I pulled away, and took his phone to input my number.

 

"Oh, and it's Sunyoul oppa." 

 

"What?"

 

"Andy hyung made us look at the profiles of everyone. I'm older than you by 2 years. So, you have to call me oppa." I scoffed and stood up. 

 

"I don't even call my friends who are older than me unnie."

 

"Hey, where are you going?" He also stood up.

 

"You should probably go back. I should too. I think I might appologize or at least just talk to Hyoyeon." He nodded.

 

"Well, lead the way." 

 

"Huh?" I looked at him in confusion.

 

"I did say I would bring you home, didn't I?"

 

"O-oh, you don't have too."

 

"Sure, I do. Let me just text Jinhoo hyung that I'm just grabbing something to eat." I knew there was no point in arguing with him, so I let him.

 

"My house isn't so far." I told him once we started walking.

 

"Glad to know. I walked a lot just to chase you down."

 

"Hey, it was worth it, wasn't it?"

 

"Yea, it was." We smiled at each other, and continued to talk all the way to my house.

 

"So, do you want to come in for a drink or something? Or I can give you a granola bar or something. I feel like I should give you something. You did walk all the way over here. Plus, you made me smile and calmed me down." He smiled at me and laughed a bit after.

 

"Well, I did say I was getting something to eat."  I took my keys out and unlocked the door.

 

"Okay then. I'm pretty sure everyone is-"

 

"SEOYOUN!! YOU'RE BACK. I'M SO SORRY." Hyoyeon came running into me with a great big hug. 

 

"You're supposed to hug her back." Sunyoul whispered only for me to hear. Going with his advice, I hugged her back.

 

"It's okay." I told her and she pulled away.

 

"Oh? Who's this?" She winked at me.

 

"It's Sunyoul. I'm just giving him something to eat. Come on." Hyoyeon rushed into the living room, which I assumed that is where everyone was gathered.

 

"Here's a sandwhich. I made it, so it might not be the best." I sheepishly handed it to him. 

 

"Thanks. You should smile more. You look way prettier-"

 

"What are you doing here?" We both looked to see Minjae along with everyone. 

 

"Long story."

 

"Yea, he's the one that stopped her from killing herself." Jihoon stepped up. Everyone looked at him, and then him.

 

"Young man, thank you so much for mend-"

 

"He's the guy. You were there when your members killed Hyoyeon's family." I looked at him wide eyed, and he just chuckled.

 

"Correction: I was the guy who stopped their violence and let the negotiation happen. Oh, and Hyoyeon-ssi? I can assure you that your brother is perfectly safe. Although Xiao might be overfeeding him a bit too much..sorry, your brother might come back with a few pounds gained." Everyone fell in silent awe.

 

"Well, you should probably get going. You don't want Andy to kill ya." 

 

"He wouldn't. He's too much of a softie." 

 

"Uh..what?"

 

"It's true, but um, thanks for the sandwhich. Bye, everyone!" He waved, but just before he left, he kissed my cheek. By the time I processed it, he was already out the door.

 

"YAH!!" 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: It's such a long chapter, I know. I felt like I had to owe you guys. Thank you for being so patient, and thank you for loving this story so much <3